Good News For 2006 Panther II Drivers (Rumor)

garman351

Expert Expediter
50% Of Panther II was bought out from a large Company who is making some good changes for 2006.

No more favoritism for load offers by certain dispatchers, or People who work for Panther II that own trucks leased onto Panther II.(Conflict of interest)

A better more up to date qualcom that has GPS built into the system and more expanded freight Customers = more business.

I would only hope the dispatchers are better trained and will support the drivers instead of harassing or even lieing to drivers to accept load offers. Every dispatcher should be accountable for their actions like with some Company's who record the conversations between the drivers and the dispatchers.Dispatchers are reminded or repremanded that the drivers are the ones out their getting the job done! and have it difficult enought driving through fog, snow storms etc let alone some dispatcher asking you to pick it up "go faster" unofficially of course.

Panther II is a great Company who has grown so-fast I can only hope it reinvents it's self to be known by drivers etc through out the industry as the best out there to work for and to deal with.

"That is my opinion."

Have a safe Holiday season.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Fleet meeting last week had a lot of great information and news.
Looks like much of it will happen over the next 30 days except QC.
QC changes sounded like they would be phased in over 6 months. Alot of trucks to do.

Davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I hate to burst your bubble, but they have already started.

Davekc

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
We have not been with PII long enough to be invited to the dinner, so what are some of the things we can look forward to Dave.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
As mentioned above, no one in the Panther offices has equipment. That will put that ongoing debate to rest. They are changing how there offices and dispatch operates along with a new phone dispatch system. They have also added some new people that I think will be a great benefit.
There are some other items that they will address in the upcoming weeks.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
had a brother with panther ii i hav eheard about major favoritism... towards fleet owners from quite a few drivers, dont really know if it is true.. but people percieve it so .. he also said the dispatch was relentless... im kinda new and dont know better but i always heard the same themes told by the majority

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I am not sure what he means by dispatchers being relentless? Yes the perception of favoritism was out there and they clearly addressed it.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>A better more up to date qualcom that has GPS built into the
>system

I dont quite know what is meant by this since Qualcom has had GPS built in since day one.

Unless it is meant to be enhanced to allow the driver to use it for routing like MS Streets and trips,and some of the other routing GPS units.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I should have been more specific.
By GPS capabilities, it will be able to route your trip on the color screen. Much like one in a car. The one on display had a remote so it would talk to you so you wouldn't be distracted reading it.
Also has rerouting or recalculation capabilities if you miss a turn ect.
I thought they were pretty neat and more advanced than what is currently being used.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII

bryan

Veteran Expediter
Hi
Sounds pretty good.Glad I didn't buy a gps unit.Anybody know if they are going to charge more for QC? I hate my 2004 QC dam thing keeps getting me in trouble with dispatch.(shows I'm sitting still when I'm actually rolling and shows me rolling down the interstate when I'm parked in my driveway)I'd actually be willing to pay extra just to get rid of it.
Should save me a bunch of empty miles and help me service my customers better.Just so long as it doesn't let dispatch know how many wrong turns I make.
Good to hear their getting new customers.The GM and Ford layoffs had me worried.Thanks and have a goood one.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yes they are getting more customers that aren't big three related. That is quickly becoming a dying market.
They said the new QC would be the same price as it currently is.
I believe they said there was a one time charge of $400 for vehicle monitoring if a fleet owner wanted it. It would give the owner data on speed, performance and a host of other capabilities.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII

TeamDrivers2

Expert Expediter
And they are changing that -panther- name, right ??

And a totally new logo ??

Not to mention all that nonsense on the back doors. Deffinatly not what one would consider a good corporate image.

May seem trivial, but i was so turned off by the trucks logo and name that I didn't even contact them 1 1/2 years ago when I got into the business.

I personally would think you O/O's would benifit from a totally new revamped visual image.

bigguy1001

Expert Expediter
That logo has 12 years of history and is recognizable anywhere in America. Changing that would be as dumb as giving up a name that is a standard in the industry. A name like Roberts Express, for example. Did I say that?

TeamDrivers2

Expert Expediter
But there are times when a new logo is necessary, or when a facelift could really make a difference in the company. Most companies do not have brands that are so powerful that changing them will have a negative impact. Other times to consider a new logo is when there’s been a change in ownership, corporate direction or customer base that has caused a fundamental change in corporate personality.Does my logo make me look professional and knowledgeable? Does it do my business justice? People will remember your company the next time they need whatever you have. And if you take your logo seriously, they will take you seriously in return.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I have to agree. I've been told by numerous o/os that the decal is what made them ultimately choose Panther in a close decision. And change the name? What are they thinking? Only reason to change a name would be to change a company with a bad reputation.

If they change the logo, I hope it would only be to update it with the times. Several NFL teams have done this (including the Seahawks), and I think it fits. I can't see the Bucs being a fierce team with their old logo. And the Broncos and Patriots old ones just stunk. LOL

Let's hope for a minor logo change, if anything. And for Panther to remain Panther, even if they add this or that exaggerated word on the end (Express, Overnight, Warp-9)... you get the idea. ;-)

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
>If they change the logo, I hope it would only be to update
>it with the times. Several NFL teams have done this
>(including the Seahawks), and I think it fits. I can't see
>the Bucs being a fierce team with their old logo. And the
>Broncos and Patriots old ones just stunk. LOL
>

My favorite "SURE THING" bar bets:

1)Name the only NFL team with no logo on their helmets?

2)What NFL team has a logo only on one side of their helmets?

Rex

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
well dave according to him, they pinged him constantly,even while sitting in the parking lot waiting for the consignee to open

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I like the PII logo at least the front faceing one .......the other one seems to bite me in the a...........rear end