Going to Green Bay

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It was good to see Jerry Jones and Terell Owens on the losing side of a great game. But remeber I predicted the Supr Bowl to be New England against the Pack and I am not changing my mind. What say John to a dinner bet on next weeks game. I grew up as a NY Giant fan and they are still # 2 in my book but I think old Brett will pick them apart.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
Rich you got a bet there partner.

Bring on the SNOW

Loved to see Jerry standing on the sidelines with his arms folded all dejected after the Cowboys lost.

Haven’t like the Cowboys since November 22, 1963 12:30 PM Dallas, Texas time

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
What happened then John?

arkjarhead, that was the day, time and location President Kennedy was assassinated.

All football games were cancelled for week or two when then resumed Dallas was playing in Cleveland (if memory serves me right) they had to assign extra police to offer protection do to all the threats against team.

Emotions were running high against anything to do with Dallas or Texas for quite some time after assassination.

Last edited:

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
If anyone is actually going to Green Bay, let me know. I can be your online guide. I lived there until I was 47 and am a former Packer employee.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My advice to anyone attending this game: DRESS WARM! It is -19 in Minneapolis as I type. The cold air is headed Green Bay way, if it isn't there already. Can you imagine catching an elongated bowling ball thrown by Bret Farve in below zero temperatures. The field could be littered with digits.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I be cozy and warm in my living room watching the game.

John just to let you know my mom was born 4 days after JFK was killed. So needless to say I wasn't around for that.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
todays hi was 3.

tomorrow night at game time 0 with a -14wc. listen and watch the ice bowl replays from the bart starr sneak to beat dallas. maybe they will bring out the san diego vs cincy highlights when it was -30 in cincy. that was f not wc. remember that game? cincy and icky woods went on to lose to my 49'ers in the super bowl.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Icky Woods! I picked him first round of our Fantasy Football draft after his spectacular rookie season. He broke his leg the second or third game of the season.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
On the news the other day they showed workers shoveling snow at Lambeau Field getting paid $8 an hour. Some folks apparently traveled from Florida to take part in this labor of love, now that is some fan base.

Still have the Giants winning the game.

GO BLUE!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I hope I don't have to eat these words, but John I doubt it. Not with that banged up secondary they have. Favre is gonna pick em apart. If I have to eat crow Sunday night can I at least have some white meat?

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
arkjarhead

They will do just fine with their secondary everyone will step up as its do or die time.

Since I was old enough to listen to games on radio I’ve been cheering BLUE to victory so I can’t stop now. One does not have to be rational when routing for their home team just passionate.

Heck, I only have a dinner bet with Rich riding on the game the odds are both of us will forget we even did that before we next meet…lol

The worse part my niece is getting married today and the reception is at 6pm est so I’ll be taping game and picking up score when I can. It may look like a FBI Convention with all the ear plugs being worn.

Sometimes hanging out with family can be difficult…lol

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
john,

the game will be on in the bar. heck in wisc it would be on giant screen in the chapel. all the stores in town sold out of packer merch between mon and thurs. where were all these packer fans earlier in the season?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
OK John great game and I am glad they won. Send me the name of a National Chain you like and I will send you a gift card dinner for 2.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
John,
I guess it's time for me to eat some crow. Can I have it lightly breaded, fried, and with some hot sacuce? I've been a Packers fan ever since I was kid. I'm pretty bummed out right now.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
There was no TV at this reception hall just a bunch of us getting up dates from cell phones. Anxious to get tape my buddy made of the game in the morning.

They were just getting ready to deliver the wedding cake at my niece’s wedding when Lawrence Tynes kicked the winning 47-yard field goal with 12:25 to go after two earlier misses. He missed a 36-yarder at the end of regulation following a bad snap, and also was wide left on a 43-yarder with 6:49 remaining.

The reception hall went wild with cheers we’re going to Glendale, AZ for Super Bowl XLll.

Hey Rich I want a chunky peanut butter on rye for my dinner…

GO BLUE!

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
rich,

send john a gift card for whole foods. he can then get really good rye and some fresh ground peanut butter.(unless of course he wants beef steak rye and skippy)

Last edited: