going going GONE

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well after enjoying this gig for 6 and a half years, the wife and I are returning to civilian life... We only have 7 or 8 years left to work, and need to upgrade the truck, makes no sense to have a payment for 5 of those years and freight is way to slow to justify the hassle. like the life style but I have to be making amazing money to deal with it... not enough freight and rates in the toilet.... So we are settling in the Knoxville area so if anyone has a line on work that is paying 30 to 40 drop me a line. It will be appreciated. Good luck to the rest of you that are trying to keep the tires rolling...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well after enjoying this gig for 6 and a half years, the wife and I are returning to civilian life... We only have 7 or 8 years left to work, and need to upgrade the truck, makes no sense to have a payment for 5 of those years and freight is way to slow to justify the hassle. like the life style but I have to be making amazing money to deal with it... not enough freight and rates in the toilet.... So we are settling in the Knoxville area so if anyone has a line on work that is paying 30 to 40 drop me a line. It will be appreciated. Good luck to the rest of you that are trying to keep the tires rolling...
Good luck to you both..., and yes this biz is in the tank and NO sign off recovery... I think you made a smart decision...

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

There should a lot of opening in your area. Had many friends who retired from OTR and went regional, intrastate and local. They are home
2-3 times a week and some daily.

Check this link, its for Knoxville.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Truck+Driver&l=Knoxville%2C+TN&ved=0ahUKEwjXqNKF9MjMAhVR92MKHRgdARIQFgg6MAE&usg=AFQjCNFr7h0qfIrVZy1yZM1-9DGLj7JV-g&sig2=bMMJjN87TXlQkgkF7R0Hhg

Reactions: Treadmill

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
their may by be ceva station close by, they would be out by airport, they run a lot of local