Gobble up Load 1

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I just did a load from Stow Ohio to Gaylord Michigan. I'm guessing the plow truck drivers in Michigan don't work on holidays.
35 mph from the state line to Saginaw when traffic wasn't stopped for an accident.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just did a load from Stow Ohio to Gaylord Michigan. I'm guessing the plow truck drivers in Michigan don't work on holidays.
35 mph from the state line to Saginaw when traffic wasn't stopped for an accident.

Sure looks like they were on holiday in Port Huron :rolleyes:
I wanted to fuel up before getting home, took a 6 mile detour on I-69 to the pilot, I couldn't believe how fast the roads went to crap. If it was plowed I couldn't tell, guess they ran out of salt also :oops:

Looks like we got another 4-5 inches over night. 9F wind chill isn't encouraging me to go outside and find out :th_smiley-snowbll:

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do we loose our dwell time if we say no to a load now? Said no to one yesterday (rate was tolerable but TERRIBLE area for return loads), and my dwell clock lost 28 hours.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Sometimes we do, sometime we don't. It seems that there is no rhyme or reason when and how. This week I was at thirty some hours and refused a super cheap load and I lost my hours. Didn't expect it since it was super cheap. Last week I turned down a couple because I had to be home for an appointment, and even though they were good loads they didn't work for me. I surely expected to loose my hours but I didn't. Oh well. I usually don't worry about hours, but lately with the lack of loads dwell time matters.

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
At great personal risk, I took it upon myself to enter a Popeyes to see if the chicken sandwich was worth getting beat up or stabbed over.

Oh, my.

Is it worth killing someone over? I'm gonna go with no. I think.

Is it worth throwing a few punches over? Yes. Yes it is.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Doctor's appointment this morning then back in service.
Hopefully, some of this snow will blow off my solar panels on the way ;)

Reactions: ntimevan

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I was having a good week but then I came to the Nashville area Thursday night. Didn't get a load on Friday, even though I got a lot of offers. Hoping for something this weekend. Getting close to the holidays and need $$$ for presents.

Reactions: Turtle and RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I came to Nashville Thursday noon to get my Espar worked on at Thermo King. Went back in service Friday, got a load. Picked up in Lafayette (pronounced luh-FAY-ut, because.... Tennessee).

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
As part of the next step going to Mars, NASA will be going back to the Moon. There will be a First Woman on the Moon.

If her name isn't Alice I'm going to be greatly disappointed.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Happy Tuesday from another trucking conference. Good content but the economic forecast for freight is scary....

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle and RoadTime