Gobble up Load 1

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I came home last night and spent today with my wife and Tiffany. Today was Tiffany's 6th birthday. First we watched her perform in a kindergarten Thanksgiving show and had a Thanksgiving feast with the kids and there parents. Then we took her out of school early and spent the day shopping in a mall. She made two bears at Build a Bear and then we came home for some cake. It's hard to believe she is 6 already. Coming home a few days early was definitely worth it. She was so happy I was home. Memories like today can never be replaced.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
It's funny that people say that. We feel the opposite. We feel lucky and blessed to have her. We are now beginning the adoption process for our second granddaughter. We've had her for ten months now. Sisters should stay together in a safe and happy environment.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmm, what else to do now that the snow is gone?

Why cut the grass of course

Actually, the main purpose was to mulch the remaining leaves. But I was a little surprised that it had grown enough to be cut.

I got a little ambitious and cleaned out some of the gutters. I guess now i'm ready for winter

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle and ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmm, what else to do now that the snow is gone?

Why cut the grass of course

Actually, the main purpose was to mulch the remaining leaves. But I was a little surprised that it had grown enough to be cut.

I got a little ambitious and cleaned out some of the gutters. I guess now i'm ready for winter

I am buying a new Snowblower on Black Saturday. Becoming a City-Folk now comes with "More " responsibility on keeping sidewalks clear and my 2 stall garage driveway clean. That should keep me busy for 15 minutes a Snow Storm..
Of course on Black Friday I am buying a New Portable Ice Fishing Shanty for ME for Christmas...

sent from my Recliner..

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning to all! Thanks to everyone on our tech development team and to our drivers and staff that keep coming up with ideas to enhance our driver app. Rolled out more new features!

New features have been added today to the LOD app. which you can download from the AppStore or Google Play.

1) Chat with Load1 Staff!
You can now chat with Admin and Fleet Management staff for questions you may have regarding the following topics: ‘Load Pay Question’, ‘Paperwork Issue’, ‘Payroll Deduction Question’, ‘Empty Miles or Layover Pay Issue’, ‘Omnitracs Issue’, ‘Hours Of Service’.

The Chat option can be found on the nav bar. When you click on it, the app will ask you to confirm that you are currently not driving.
Selecting the proper category is important as the app routes your questions to appropriate groups at Load1 responsible for addressing your specific concerns.
Click on the category or concern you have from the list provided. At this point, the appropriate Load1 group will be notified that you are requesting to chat.
Type your question or concern and wait for a Load1 staff member to respond and chat away!
From Load1 staff’s end, they will be able to invite other people who may need to be involved in the chat, access to quick links to load profiles based on the pro # you can optionally reference, your current load info if you are on a load, see your current service status and unit or driver profile.
Either you or Load1 staff can terminate the chat. To end it, click ‘End Chat’ at the top right hand corner of the screen and confirm.
Chats can only be initiated from the LOD app. Load1 staff do not have the option to start one from their app. This is to make sure drivers are not currently driving when engaging on two-way communications. There are other means for one-way communications (SMS, robo calls) that the app already supports for this purpose.
Currently, chat is available Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm EST.
Please use this feature for its intended purpose only. Ask questions that are relevant and valid as per the category you select. We appreciate your cooperation.

2) Setting ELD Off-Duty Status – If you’re logged off from your in-cab Omnitracs unit and your current status is ‘On-Duty, Not Driving’, you can click on the Hours of Service card from the dashboard and click on ‘On-Duty, Not Driving’ and set yourself ‘Off-Duty’ on the screen that pops-up. The app will use your last known location for your ‘Off-Duty’ location. Your Omnitracs status will be updated and will be logged when you confirm the change the next time you log in to your in-cab OT unit. We know this functionality is a bit limited and we can’t support setting you to ‘On-Duty’ as there are some tasks associated with this that need to be performed on the ELD device itself for compliance. This feature was added and designed based on consultations with Matt and the fleet
management team.
3) Support for Apple Watch – LOD app can now be installed on your Apple Watch. View Messages, Call Dispatch and review your dashboard items right from your wrist! More features will be added to the Apple Watch functionality in the future.
Note: The Driver-i Camera nav bar link has been moved to the dashboard as a card item.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
New Load 1 office?

I received a load offer notification via the App, when the phone call part came through, I was pretty shocked where it said it was coming from

IMG_5151.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle and Ragman

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Looks like your phone didn’t parse the number as it came from 734 Detroit area code.

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's what the Russians who hacked the server want you to think. This is clear evidence, clear, that the Russians have hacked the system.

On a side note, I am deeply disappointed that we don't have Chat Categories for Dispatch, in addition to the ones for Fleet Management and Admin. Like, we need a category for, "Why don't I have a load yet?" and "Hey! Did you forget about me?" and maybe a "WAAAAA!!!" category.

Last edited:

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Would be nice to be able to reply to quotes. Being able to say "$50 more and I'm OK" or "bid is too high I'm OK with $xxx" would be nice. My experience is I'd be using the "too high" reply more often. Had 2 load offers this week that were over $2.50/mile.... we'll never win bids like that. It might also explain to a bidder why we didn't like the load sometimes. Had one this week going to an area that when I checked the app, we had no booked or missed loads in the last 30 days and the rate offered wouldn't have left any $ to relocate after. . Bidder was obviously ticked I declined the load as she took away all my dwell time (+100hrs). I'd accepted everything else offered beforehand so it's not like I was Mr. No. It's the big thing I dislike about the "robo call" offer system.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good thing I got the grass cut before the next snow fall showed up this morning :JC-hysterical:
At least it didn't stick to the roads, but dang :oops:

In other news, ordered a couple of Black Friday items from the Load 1 store :cool:

Reactions: DollarSign

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Evening everyone! I've been oos for a few days and I'm back in service and to roll. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and it's only 3 1\2 weeks til Christmas. Love the half off sale at the Load One store. Will be checking out the store and buying a few things.