GMC vs Ford

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Do we know he breaks the law on a daily basis ?
He probably spends days sitting, days deadheading.and days with loads he can legally haul.
As Christians we should let those without sin cast the first stone.

He' s at 8,200 lbs empty ....

Remember, he’s not in a cube, he’s in a small straight, lol.

Here is a copy of a load description on sylectus:

Pick-up at: Modesto, CA 95351
Pick-up date (CEN): 02/20/2019 08:00
Pick-up date (EST): 02/20/2019 09:00

Deliver to: Wooster, OH 44691
ASAP

Miles: 2435
Pieces: 1
Weight: 1300
Dims: 67x48x80in.
Stackable: No
Hazardous: No
FAST Load: No
Dock Level: No
Suggested Truck Size: SMALL STRAIGHT
Notes: TEAM REQUIRED

Do you see what the truck size says? That's what brokers and dispatchers go by. Tiny truck business ;)

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Do you run team?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Oh and if you are asking due to that load, I posted it as an example of them using a "small straight truck" term. I didn't get that load, way too big of a direct!

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
So in a small straight truck (not a cube)....is it under 10K gross?

I also agree. If a shipper requests a dock high straight truck, that's what needs to be provided. I've seen a few shippers and one cosignee get upset because they requested a straight truck and got one that wasn't dock high.....
Yeah under 10k. Sure they should get what they pay for but that's "upper management" issues. If you get dispatched somewhere and the shipper ain't happy, you got absolutely nothing to do with it. Its between the shipper and the broker. Most of the time even the dispatcher has nothing to do with it because the broker just makes sure that the load would fit inside and doesn't tell the dispatcher anything about TRUE dock high request. A lot of times its shoppers "fault" because they don't specify it because they don't think anything but a dock high big straight can arrive though that is very rare nowadays since these small straight trucks have made their presence known for a decade. This whole topic is pretty useless. The question was the GMC or Ford?!
That’s funny, you thought a simple question on EO would stay on topic. Lol that’s some funny s**t right there I don’t care who you are.

guido4475

Not a Member
So in a small straight truck (not a cube)....is it under 10K gross?

I also agree. If a shipper requests a dock high straight truck, that's what needs to be provided. I've seen a few shippers and one cosignee get upset because they requested a straight truck and got one that wasn't dock high.....
Yeah under 10k. Sure they should get what they pay for but that's "upper management" issues. If you get dispatched somewhere and the shipper ain't happy, you got absolutely nothing to do with it. Its between the shipper and the broker. Most of the time even the dispatcher has nothing to do with it because the broker just makes sure that the load would fit inside and doesn't tell the dispatcher anything about TRUE dock high request. A lot of times its shoppers "fault" because they don't specify it because they don't think anything but a dock high big straight can arrive though that is very rare nowadays since these small straight trucks have made their presence known for a decade. This whole topic is pretty useless. The question was the GMC or Ford?!
That’s funny, you thought a simple question on EO would stay on topic. Lol that’s some funny s**t right there I don’t care who you are.

Lol...I'm sure I added to the derailment of the original topic as well.....lol..

Big deal, it is what it is. Lol....

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Yeah we overshot the landing big time :D Feel free to come back to the original topic lol would still like more input on that!

guido4475

Not a Member
Yeah we overshot the landing big time :D Feel free to come back to the original topic lol would still like more input on that!

Why stop now?? This thread has the same direction as a woman pushing a shopping cart in a grocery store....lol...all over the place..

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You'll be forever defending the choice of a cube here. By definition it falls into the regulated class, and nobody here would take the risk (at least publicly)

And finally they get to vent their frustration even tho yours isn't yellow and falling apart

You aren't taking my freight. I can't deliver from a US to US address and you'd run out of gas money before you hit Canada :D

Is your insurance even valid if somebody hits you over 10k? I'd be driving with a permanent puckered butt

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
You'll be forever def2ending the choice of a cube here. By definition it falls into the regulated class, and nobody here would take the risk (at least publicly)

And finally they get to vent their frustration even tho yours isn't yellow and falling apart

You aren't taking me freight. I can't deliver from a US to US address and you'd run out of gas money before you hit Canada :D

Is your insurance even valid if somebody hits you over 10k? I'd be driving with a permanent puckered butt
Ya insurance is up to par. I get the falling apart part, I would personally not drive one like that! And as far as taking their freight I say the same thing about vans, no offense :D

Reactions: brokcanadian

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd still like to know if they CAN mess with an under 10k. Pretty sure an under 10k loaded to over 10k is now subject to DOT rules, dually or no dually. Providing someone actually stops and weighs it

I'm gonna stop wondering before I confuse myself any further
They can do whatever they want. JMHO.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought all expeditors that was in this business a while knew what a C truck was?

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe the reason everyone is apprehensive is the 10k lbs mark.

If you’re below it, and vans mostly are, then no ELD.

If you’re above, and any box truck with dual rear tires is, then you’re running ELD, stopping at weight stations, etc.

If you’re running a dual rear wheel box truck, and have a sticker on your truck saying below 10k, then you’re illegal. 98% of cops will drive past you not caring,, but there is that 2% that’s strictly looking to bury people doing this. Hot Shot ran into this all the time.

So, basically, what everyone is trying to say, if you’re gonna run ELDs, etc, then why bother with small time stuff? If you’re gonna be a bear, be a grizzly.

If you want to stay under 10k, get a high top van, they’re WAY better on fuel than a box, and they scream, I’m not illegal.

To answer your question, GMC, 6.0 engine was the best I ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
I believe the reason everyone is apprehensive is the 10k lbs mark.

If you’re below it, and vans mostly are, then no ELD.

If you’re above, and any box truck with dual rear tires is, then you’re running ELD, stopping at weight stations, etc.

If you’re running a dual rear wheel box truck, and have a sticker on your truck saying below 10k, then you’re illegal. 98% of cops will drive past you not caring,, but there is that 2% that’s strictly looking to bury people doing this. Hot Shot ran into this all the time.

So, basically, what everyone is trying to say, if you’re gonna run ELDs, etc, then why bother with small time stuff? If you’re gonna be a bear, be a grizzly.

If you want to stay under 10k, get a high top van, they’re WAY better on fuel than a box, and they scream, I’m not illegal.

To answer your question, GMC, 6.0 engine was the best I ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

So incorrect in saying that a DRW cube, van, etc is over 10k GVW, when, in fact, a vehicle such as that can LEGALLY be de- rated from the factory to under 10k GVW.

guido4475

Not a Member
Ye
If its derated then its carrying capacity would be reduced and there in lies the problem.

Yes, that is accurate, and that is where weight savings come into play, as Jon from Scaffildi Ford commercial truck center will tell you. There are so many standard Van's, Sprinters, etc, that are so heavy empty to begin with.

Reactions: Solar

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ye

Yes, that is accurate, and that is where weight savings come into play, as Jon from Scaffildi Ford commercial truck center will tell you. There are so many standard Van's, Sprinters, etc, that are so heavy empty to begin with.
Then what is the curb weight on these vehicles?

Reactions: Solar