Global spam e-mail levels suddenly fall

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As I already said, legitimate businesses offering legitimate offers are not the problem. Beyond that it's too late and I don't care to repeat myself. It's time for a paragraph or two or maybe even a page or two before napping till morning.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Leo,

I will say this. It does not matter if an offer is "legitimate" if a user has not opt'ed into that marketing list - it's spam and illegal. If you purchase ANY kind of list off the Internet - it will be filled with stolen email addresses. No legitimate company uses these lists to build their business - let alone their brand.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Personally I think anyone intentionally sending more than a million spam should just be found and put a 22 behind their ear.
A million? Do you have a number for a round in the kneecap? How about for a baseball bat? I don't even want to know what it takes to get someone a .44 magnum behind the ear. That's a lotta spam.

Last edited:

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
A million? Do you have a number for a round in the kneecap? How about for a baseball bat? I don't even want to know what it takes to get someone a .44 magnum behind the ear. That's a lotta spam.

Now thats funny :D I nearly choked on my tea :D:p

I agree, Spam is very annoying & you sure do get a LOT here - I would normally get one or two per day in England!

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It always amazes me, how some on here, get so carried away over a meaninignless statement made in a discussion like Leo's "22 behind the ear". When I read it, I just considered it in the context of someone that might just as likely say "he needs a butt whippin'. How Leo's remark got jacked up to murder and then the escalation it took on this thread from there, makes me ask, am I the only sane one on here? Makes me think of Jammin Jim who, in my opinion posted the most intelligent statement I ever read on EO, which is "DON'T TRY SO HARD TO BE OFFENDED". I sometimes think maybe white line fever is epidemic around here. Can you say SCROLL BY, before doing a few vitriolic paragraphs? Maybe we should have a new thread on here called TESTOSTERONE, where those that feel the need can go to implode.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How Leo's remark got jacked up to murder and then the escalation it took on this thread from there, makes me ask, am I the only sane one on here?
When you look at the statement in the scope of an isolated comment, you're right. But if you view it within the context of a long history of such statements, you see a troubling trend that defies sanity itself.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When you look at the statement in the scope of an isolated comment, you're right. But if you view it within the context of a long history of such statements, you see a troubling trend that defies sanity itself.

My thoughts exactly, this was not an isolated case it was the norm.