Glenn beck pulling show off fox news

witness23

Veteran Expediter
The Soapbox hero is leaving Fox News. He will go the way of Howard Stern when he left for satellite radio. He will be but a footnote in broadcast history. buh-bye.

And please, don't get me wrong, I know this isn't the end of Glenn Beck. It's just the beginning of his demise.

GLENN BECK PULLING SHOW OFF FOX NEWS
Jay Yarow | Apr. 6, 2011, 12:28 PM

Link: GLENN BECK PULLING SHOW OFF FOX NEWS

Glenn Beck is pulling the plug on his popular daily show for Fox News.

In a release his production company says he will "transition" away from his Fox News show later this year.

According to the release Beck won't jump ship entirely. He'll develop a variety of programs for Fox News and its digital properties.

Talk of Beck leaving Fox News has been bubbling up for a while now.

Here's the release:

FOX NEWS AND MERCURY RADIO ARTS ANNOUNCE NEW AGREEMENT
(New York, NY) Fox News and Mercury Radio Arts, Glenn Beck’s production company, are proud to announce that they will work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the Fox News Channel as well as content for other platforms including Fox News’ digital properties. Glenn intends to transition off of his daily program, the third highest rated in all of cable news, later this year.

Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of Fox News said, “Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody’s standards. I look forward to continuing to work with him. ”

Glenn Beck said: “I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and Fox News. I cannot repay Roger for the lessons I’ve learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership.”

Joel Cheatwood, SVP/Development at Fox News, will be joining Mercury Radio Arts effective April 24, 2011. Part of his role as EVP will be to manage the partnership and serve as a liaison with the Fox News Channel.

Roger Ailes said: “Joel is a good friend and one of the most talented and creative executives in the business. Over the past four years I have consistently valued his input and advice and that will not stop as we work with him in his new role.”

“Glenn Beck” is consistently the third highest rated program on cable news.

For the 27 months that “Glenn Beck” has aired on Fox News, the program has averaged more than 2.2 million total viewers and 563,000 viewers 25-54 years old, numbers normally associated with shows airing in primetime, not at 5pm. “Glenn Beck” has dominated all of its cable news competitors since launch.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Now what are you going to do? Katie is gone, not that you ever "exposed" all of the mis-information she spewed, and now Beck. Maybe you could go after some of the other lying dogs, talking heads, that spew from the other networks? NAW, never happen. :p

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a feeling his demise is a long way off. Christmas might not be here as soon as you hope for.

Letzboogie

Not a Member
The Soapbox hero is leaving Fox News. He will go the way of Howard Stern when he left for satellite radio. He will be but a footnote in broadcast history. buh-bye.

And please, don't get me wrong, I know this isn't the end of Glenn Beck. It's just the beginning of his demise.

GLENN BECK PULLING SHOW OFF FOX NEWS
Jay Yarow | Apr. 6, 2011, 12:28 PM

Link: GLENN BECK PULLING SHOW OFF FOX NEWS

Glenn Beck is pulling the plug on his popular daily show for Fox News.

In a release his production company says he will "transition" away from his Fox News show later this year.

According to the release Beck won't jump ship entirely. He'll develop a variety of programs for Fox News and its digital properties.

Talk of Beck leaving Fox News has been bubbling up for a while now.

Here's the release:

So sad. Where will the pigheads get their slop now?

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Let's see, they could try ABC, CBS, Fox News, NBC, MSNBC, USA Today. OR, IF they REALLY want drain their brain they could listen to Obama speak!!

Why even comment? Especially in the fashion that you have on this thread, all it does is give the impression you are defending Beck.

Just admit, you're a closet Beck fan.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
The thing I find most amusing, is this:

More often than not, libs tend to think that all conservatives listen to glenn beck. Of course, that stems from their natural tendency to stereotype others and lump them all into a single group. Even funnier is the fact that it's the libs who are listening to Beck themselves.

Pathetic.

fired at you from my Droideka

witness23

Veteran Expediter

More often than not, libs tend to think that all conservatives listen to glenn beck.

If you are referring to me, which I think you are. I do not think all conservatives listen to Beck. True conservatives that I know, either despise the man or do not pay attention to what he says. That being said, the only reason I bring up Beck here in the Soapbox is because there are Beck listeners and followers that repeat is BS here in the Soapbox. Some admit, some don't. They know who they are.

Of course, that stems from their natural tendency to stereotype others and lump them all into a single group.

Kind of like what you did in your opening statement, and throughout the post? See your quote:
More often than not, libs tend to think that all conservatives listen to glenn beck.

Even funnier is the fact that it's the libs who are listening to Beck themselves.

Me personally, I listen purely for the entertainment factor. It's amazing to see how much of his idiocy resonates here in the Soapbox.

See, if you are able to distinguish fact from fiction, an honest man from a con-man, a pundit from a journalist, then there would be nothing to comment about with Beck. Unfortunately, people believe and repeat his lies.

Pathetic.

Those that can't distinguish what I wrote above is truly pathetic.

Last edited:

Brisco

Expert Expediter
More often than not, libs tend to think that all conservatives listen to glenn beck. Of course, that stems from their natural tendency to stereotype others and lump them all into a single group. Even funnier is the fact that it's the libs who are listening to Beck themselves.

I for one cannot stand Becks "Show". When he's speaking in other venues, like with Bill, he's OK. His show though........Blah.

Same with Rush. Rush has been the Republicans biggest mouthpiece for years. My opinion, he's a bloviating buffoon.

Conservatives usually choose the ones we wish to listen to on the radio, or view on the TV ourselves. And we have a good variety to choose from. Lberals though, the similar shows they are offered are very very poor in quality (Keith-Maddow-Chris-Etc) and are all bought and paid for by staunch Liberals (Soros & others) for the reason of pushing their Liberalism upon the viewers. This is the reason why so many weak minded Liberals, as shown here, are very well versed in what goes on within the "Conservative" commentating shows such as Bill, Beck, Rush, and the rest. They think their Liberal shows suck too so instead of listening to or watching that garbage, they listen to and/or watch all the Conservative shows to keep up with the daily talking points. IE - Witness's threads and posts.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
There ya go again....if all the conservatives would just sit down and shut up, life would be so much easier for you libs now, wouldn't it?? :rolleyes:

So..... LOS is a conservative? I' am sure he is happy that you are speaking for him.

And I am a "lib" because I don't like the dissemination of mis-information? If that is the definition of a "lib" them I guess I'm "lib".

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
So..... LOS is a conservative? I' am sure he is happy that you are speaking for him.

And I am a "lib" because I don't like the dissemination of mis-information? If that is the definition of a "lib" them I guess I'm "lib".

Either or, you've made it a habit to tell others when, where, and about what they should post.....most people don't like that game.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why even comment? Especially in the fashion that you have on this thread, all it does is give the impression you are defending Beck.

Just admit, you're a closet Beck fan.

I have stated on many occasions that I do not watch nor listen to Beck. So, there are a few things that come to mind. ONE: you have a reading disability. TWO: you don't believe me and are therefore calling me a liar. THREE: you are trying to be funny but since you have no sense of humor you are not.

That is the problem with these computer programs. They only have so many programed responses.

I also cannot be a "closet' Beck fan since the closets in my truck far too small for me to get into. So I can't be a "closet" fan in my truck and when home I either watch hockey, paint my decoys or work with the community groups that I associate with.

Those community groups are made up of friends that find me relevant. They too are relevant and VERY cool, just as I am.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

More often than not, libs tend to think that all conservatives listen to glenn beck. Of course, that stems from their natural tendency to stereotype others and lump them all into a single group.
Of course you wouldn't "stereotype others and lump them all into a single group", would you?
You know, like 'libs'?
Even funnier is the fact that it's the libs who are listening to Beck themselves.
More of that stereotyping that you aren't guilty of?

Pathetic.
Yes, but it's also pretty amusing to see someone make such a hypocritical fool of themselves as you just did.

fired at you from my Droideka
^ soooo impressive! ^

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey dog Beck as much as you need...But he is the closest to the truth we have on tv or radio...He has been right on everything he predicts...Obumma isnt the answer thats for sure...:eek: