Getting off the Road.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Calling it quits, I'm having major hip and left leg problems and its looking like going to have to go under the knife soon. So doc say I'm done driving, we'll see about that, but healing will take a while. So I've decided to sell my truck, if anyone is interested it will be posted here on the classifieds. But your not going to be that lucky here on EO, I will still be around......

mudumy5a.jpg

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Last edited:

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Smart move, i will call you when i'm near. hopefully when you heal you will find something else and not have to go back to this dead end job.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Glad you will still be around,you have always contributed useful information,and a lot of humor to the site. I wish you the best of luck! Every cloud does have a silver lining. Maybe after your healing from the surgery,you may find a new venture that may not have presented itself,had you stayed in the truck.It's happened before.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Glad you will still be around,you have always contributed useful information,and a lot of humor to the site. I wish you the best of luck! Every cloud does have a silver lining. Maybe after your healing from the surgery,you may find a new venture that may not have presented itself,had you stayed in the truck.It's happened before.

He can be a full time Mod.

Best Wishes to you.

Another Obamacare succes story. :)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Good luck on your health. Always make that a priority. Don't be a stranger just because you sell the truck. Never know what may happen down the road.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Hate to see you go. I've always enjoyed reading your post on here. I think you will try to be back! Once its in your blood its hard to get out.

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
Calling it quits, I'm having major hip and left leg problems and its looking like going to have to go under the knife soon. So doc say I'm done driving, we'll see about that, but healing will take a while. So I've decided to sell my truck, if anyone is interested it will be posted here on the classifieds. But your not going to be that lucky here on EO, I will still be around......

mudumy5a.jpg

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Never had the pleasure of meeting you face to face, but always thought you had good, and often humorous things to say. Hope all goes well with the hip and leg, and that you will continue to hang around on here. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-E980 using EO Forums mobile app

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
It's kind of weird when you first come off the road, but after a while you get used to it. Sometimes there are things I miss, but then again I think I like little things like sleeping in a real bed every night, having a decent man cave to hang out at the end of the day, being more active in my church again, seeing my wife more often and all the goes with that, etc.

On the other hand, life is a bit more complicated now than when I was driving, and we're still a fairly small carrier. Dealing with all the DOT stuff for over 30 trucks is a lot more complicated than dealing with DOT stuff for one truck that you're driving. It was simpler then.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Well it looks like my truck is sold, really a day of mixed feeling about it. Thanks go out to Brian in recruiting for helping out. It staying in the Load 1 family. So looks like I'm out of business (for now) and unemployed, so when does my free stuff from Obama start coming?..........

eda4e6a4.jpg

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good luck with the "free stuff"!!

I hope you enjoy having a life, minus the medical stuff, and can enjoy your new found freedom.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well it looks like my truck is sold, really a day of mixed feeling about it. Thanks go out to Brian in recruiting for helping out. It staying in the Load 1 family. So looks like I'm out of business (for now) and unemployed, so when does my free stuff from Obama start coming?..........

eda4e6a4.jpg

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Glad he was able to help. Get better and get back up here old man! LOL

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Glad he was able to help. Get better and get back up here old man! LOL
Somehow I think Roger is smart enough to NOT go back to a loosing battle, I'm talking about trucking not L1. Unless it's dispatching, recruiting, or sales.
Way to go Roger you Rock!!