Getting Fuel

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I know I am very spoiled but I do not fuel. Bob talked me into trying that process once and it was a dismal failure. I swiped the card, put in all them numbers, put on the gloves, put the nozzle in the drivers side tank, turned and promptly ran into the mirrors and almost knocked my head off. That was the end of my career of fueling the truck!! I keep track of all of our fuel stops but I do not put fuel in the truck. Has any one had a similar experience?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I pulled into a Pilot once and found a nice pull through space to park very convenient to the building. I glanced out my window at the truck to my left and saw an interesting accessory. In his tank was a fuel nozzle. There was no hose with it, just the nozzle. As I walked in I looked and it was the slave pump at the number one pump. I pointed it out to the manager and they sent someone out to get it. The manager said they are set on quick disconnects so they don't tear things all to pieces like they used to. He also said he has a stash of nozzles in back because frequently they drive off instead of parking. He thanked me and said that saved $60 for the nozzle. Looking back on it I should have said in that case "it's worth a complimentary hot dog and soda isn't it?".

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
For the benefit of the men, I should remove this post.:7

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I think that at one time or another that everyone has hit their heads on the mirrors,it just makes you more cautious after that.Don't let one head bump cause you to give up,get back on that horse and ride it.

I try to have the truck fueled before the wife's tour of duty starts,but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.She can and she does fuel the truck when needed. :p

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Linder: that must have been a really hard bonk on the noggin, to make you think you can't do it! I mean, how many new things have you done that went perfectly the first time?
Now, choosing to be spoiled is a whole nother story - go for it, lol. [I'm sure you spoil your partner some ways too, because that's what successful partners do]

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Believe me I am as clutsy as it comes, but I fuel the truck a lot of times instead of my husband. I sincerely feel that that is one of the responsibilties of driving it in the first place. I do my PTI at the same time as I like to make sure my tires and lights are working properly. But if he has you spoiled then go for it!LOL

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Ok I admit I am spoiled and really do need to try again. After hearing from so many of you, you make it sound easier then I thought so maybe I should forget that first experience and just go for it!! See you at the fuel islands.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Cathy, your story is not nearly as bad as my first fuel attempt, attempt that was no guy is suppost to go through what I went through.

But I have come to rescue of one or two other rookies, Satelite pump, yeah you gotta turn this one on first than the other will work, but dont turn it off until you fill the second tank. Got the idea, but a bump on the head come on now.

Bob Raise those mirriors or buy a bigger truck...