Gays can now marry..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well you must be steaming @ the ears like Yosemite Sam then...because that brother is getting shiz done!!!
I would tell you that you are delusional, but I'd be afraid in hearing it you would fall off your unicorn.

I do have to give Obama credit, though, as he has managed to pull off the impossible task of unseating Jimmy Carter as the worst..president..ever.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I hate Obama's policies.
Uh-huh ...

I hate Obama's superiority complex.
Wazzamatter ... don't care for competition ?

I hate pretty much everything about Obama and his ruining of the nation and Constitution but I don't hate Obama.
Sorry, that dog don't hunt ...

He's not worth the time or effort.
Oh yeah ... that's clearly obvious, given the amount of T and E that you spend on him ...

I hold him in contempt, in disdain, I pity him for he is truly pitiful, but I wouldn't give him the credibility that hating him would offer.
That statement contains at least one element truth ... unfortunately for you, it's not the one you believe it to be.

Reactions: Ragman

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I would tell you that you are delusional, but I'd be afraid in hearing it you would fall off your unicorn.

I do have to give Obama credit, though, as he has managed to pull off the impossible task of unseating Jimmy Carter as the worst..president..ever.

How am I delusional? That your so against two men/ women getting the chance to raise a child that it is just a ploy to copy there heterosexual counterparts. ..but then again...what would you know about raising and loving a child....my bad..

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Like I have stated ...and told I was crazy..stupid..

Attachments

• 1435689213186.jpg
    1435689213186.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 28

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How am I delusional? That your so against two men/ women getting the chance to raise a child is just a ploy to copy there heterosexual counterparts. ..but then again...what would you know about raising and loving a child....my bad..
Well, for starters, you made a comment about Obama, to which I replied, and you think the reply had to do with same sex couples raising children. That's pretty awesomely delusional, dood.

I've never stated that I am against same sex couples raising a child.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Hmmmmmmm....your words...not mine..

Attachments

• 1435689488935.jpg
    1435689488935.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 26

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Hmmmmmmm....your words...not mine..
Then clearly you have an astounding inability to comprehend the written word. The fact that gays need to adopt children to raise them has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not I think they should raise kids.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Next time you open your big mouth ...look in the mirror. ..I have never seen the hate you put out for OUR president... that hate for that man must fester like a boil on your azz...

Don't be mad your backwards idiotic thinking was outlawed. ..nobody said you had to marry a man...so how does this affect YOU?? It does NOT.. but in YOUR typical Right wing wacko bible thumping thinking attitude ..you must control everyone...no you cant...
No ones thinking has been outlawed. That's impossible. All people are still free to hold whatever thinking they choose. However, thanks to the Radical Left, the free expression of privately held thought is becoming legally problematic. Backlash is certain.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Clerks are government employees to serve the people...and to uphold the law...
Keep your religion out of it.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovemen...gious_objections_to_issuing_marriage_licenses
That'll never hold up in court. Gays who want to get married will say, "This is state-sanctioned discrimination against me." The state will then say they’re simply protecting the religious liberty of their employees. The court will say you don’t get to elevate employees’ religious liberty over other constitutional requirements of their job. And that'll be the end of it.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
This issue could end the Democrats' stranglehold on the Kentucky governorship. Being on the wrong side of public opinion on such emotionally charged matters can make or break a political career. With Kentucky being a mostly rural, overwhelmingly Christian conservative state, the GOP should be able to pick up the governorship in next year's election on this issue alone.

Correction: the governor's race will be decided this November in Kentucky. Being away from Kentucky for awhile, I forgot when the gubernatorial election was to be held. That the election is only about 4 months away gives advantage to the GOP. as I see it, the emotions on this topic are too raw to fade away.

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Like I have stated ...and told I was crazy..stupid..
The text in that cute little, albeit angry meme, is incorrect. The 5 justices that voted in favor did not cite the Constitution as their justification. As Chief Justice John Roberts stated firmly in his principal dissent:

"If you are among the many Americans -- of whatever sexual orientation -- who favor expanding same-sex marriage, by all means celebrate today's decision. Celebrate the achievement of a desired goal. Celebrate the opportunity for a new expression of commitment to a partner. Celebrate the availability of new benefits. But do not celebrate the Constitution. It had nothing to do with it."

Reactions: aristotle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Can her ...get someone who WILL uphold the law...
Her JOB is to issue marriage licenses. ..
You can't just "can" a County Clerk in Kentucky. You'd be surprised at how much power a County Clerk has in Kentucky. The governor can't do anything about it. County Clerks are elected officials who answer to the people.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
You can't just "can" a County Clerk in Kentucky. You'd be surprised at how much power a County Clerk has in Kentucky. The governor can't do anything about it. County Clerks are elected officials who answer to the people.

Well figure out how to get her out...she is not doing her JOB.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So much bitterness and hate must be a terrible burden. Anyway, the problem, one of them, is that now the door is opened and polygamists will want their right to marry, pedophiles will want their right to marry and on through every "special" group that wants special treatment. And since one special group has been given special treatment they will all demand and eventually get their own. It just wouldn't be fair to not allow some guy to marry his 9 year old beloved since Joe and Bob or Mary and Agnes are now allowed.
I can almost see the smoke rising from your collar.

Leo, ya got to relax dood! Your gonna have a stroke. Then who will I argue with? ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well figure out how to get her out...she is not doing her JOB.
She can be voted out, but that's mostly it. If she is convicted of a felony then her duties are vacated. She could be charged with first-degree official misconduct if "a public servant ... refrains from performing a duty imposed upon him by law or clearly inherent in the nature of his office." But that's a Class A misdemeanor, not a felony. Any clerk that refuses to issue marriage licenses is opening themselves to potential legal liability and sanctions, and certainly a civil lawsuit.