Garden Center 2012

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And the bounty continues..problem with heirloom varieties is I can't remember where I planted some of them...but I think it was the black krim that I picked this morning...it's not black but a deep green and dark red...and it is scrumptious. Also picked the green zebra, early girls and one big boy.
The peppers needed picking so got some more jalapenas, banana and bell peppers to process.

Picked some more cukes this morning too...but I'm betting I can eat them before I have to pickle any. My eggplants are starting to produce too. Guess what I'll be doing today!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Thanks to my sweet hubby...the potatoes are dug, and the onions, shallots and garlic are all stored away. Made another batch of that hot salsa that he likes and the tomatoes keep coming!

Trying a new recipe for the few cukes I'm getting...a sweet bread and butter pickle that takes 8 days to make...and I'm on day 6!!!!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Made another batch of salsa today..this one is milder for me..

and tomorrow I finish up the sweet pickles..

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
and yet another batch of salsa...I gave my cousin 2 walmart bags full of jalapenos and banana peppers...garden is winding down..still waiting for the watermelon and cantelope..:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Since the nights are getting cooler, I pulled most of the tomatoes...now have a table full of them to ripen up inside. AND the canteloupe are ripe and so very tasty!!!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Pulled the last of the cukes, canteloupes and watermelon...and then all the vines. And have enough tomatoes that have turned to make another batch of salsa...still more green ones too.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Just did some experimental digging on the sweet potatoes...got some babies but I think another few weeks yet..101 days so am guessing I need to add some sand to the soil..or peat..

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
so I added some heat in the form of landscape fabric laid loosely over the plants...

and cleaned up more of the garden..