Garden Center 2012

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
More little green sprouts this morning...

It's nice seeing a touch of green with the snow covering everything outside, but when it turns nice I want to get my hands in the dirt..:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I wish it were spring
and the garden was tilled
the warmth of the sun
seeing the garden I build

One needs to get dirty
down in the mud
with tiny pure seeds
ready to be sowed

I need the green
of summer's sweet blast
for as of right now
it seems in the past!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
So I just cancelled my yukon gold potato order and increased the number of sweet potato plants.....now I can only hope they'll grow well up here.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Two more weeks and I start my tomato seeds...the lettuce is about 6 inches tall now so it'll all come together!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Yesterday I harvested my little plot of lettuce and then got the aero garden cleaned out. I got my tomato, pepper, eggplant and some flower seeds started...so the garden is officially started!!!!

and ironically, Ken is out with the snowblower for the first time this year!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I hope when this snow melts off it'll show me some fresh chives...just used the last of what I'd frozen last fall for some sweet potato/leek/chive soup!

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I hope when this snow melts off it'll show me some fresh chives...just used the last of what I'd frozen last fall for some sweet potato/leek/chive soup!

rule no. 1, never live anywhere u need a snowblower,,just kid n. Im waiting for the mators in the garden ur gonna email me.lol

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Amazing to watch...from a tiny seed to the first little tiny leaves..knowing how big these plants will get and producing big two pound tomatoes! Kind of like watching a baby grow...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
What a gorgeous morning this is..I think spring has sprung! Got part of the yard cleaned out and burned some twigs and leaves yesterday and today more of the same, along with getting the summer furniture out and on the deck. And in checking my little seeds this morning, the mini bell peppers, watermelon, petunias and asters are all poking thru the soil. It'll be time to transplant before I know it. And the windows will be flung open today also! :)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
What a gorgeous morning this is..I think spring has sprung! Got part of the yard cleaned out and burned some twigs and leaves yesterday and today more of the same, along with getting the summer furniture out and on the deck. And in checking my little seeds this morning, the mini bell peppers, watermelon, petunias and asters are all poking thru the soil. It'll be time to transplant before I know it. And the windows will be flung open today also! :)

Note to self: Always Remember to Close the Windows so the smoke won't come in1