Garden 2013 Time line

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Hanging up the sign..

Kraut's ready!

SloRide...I'll send out a pint with Ken the next time he's home...and let you and him figure out the logistics.

Good stuff isn't it..Don't let him leave the house with any forks, jar would be empty by the time we met up.

A pint?? :eek: I assumed we where talking gallon jugs :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
well started digging up the Yukon Golds...got about 4 plants into it....had a full bin already...going to wait a few more days for the rest....got all the corn stalks pulled out.....
also got a load of shallots and garlic bulbs dug up....
last nights meal was.... home grown corn and potatoes...with SD beef brisket!!...Sweeeet!!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Potatoes are one of my weaknesses at the buffet.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Potatoes are one of my weaknesses at the buffet.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

there is a definite flavour difference from potatoes that have been stored for maybe months and fresh picked same day spuds!!.....either that or it is all in the mind...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
there is a definite flavour difference from potatoes that have been stored for maybe months and fresh picked same day spuds!!.....either that or it is all in the mind...
It's the few cloves of fresh garlic that I put in the potato water when they're boiled that gives them the edge.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
We got all the buttercup and butternut squash pulled yesterday and I put up about 7 quarts of buttercup squash. Today I'll probably have to make more salsa as more tomatoes have ripened. Slowly but surely the garden is emptying. Still have green beans, cukes, tomatoes, leeks and sweet potatoes after the hubby digs up the last of the Yukon Golds. Gardening is so very satisfying but boy was I tired tonight.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Slo-Ride...your kraut is on the Minn/SD border..so hook up with Ken before he finds that fork...*lol*

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
The garden is winding down..just put up 7 quarts of shredded crook neck squash..to be used in cakes and brownies and for squash hash browns which are quite tasty. Picked another round of cukes and tomatoes but will get more of each. Have 3 canteloupes just waiting to ripen and the leeks are still in the ground as I want them to get bigger. Also looks like another crop of collards.. I'd mowed them down to the ground and they're growing again. I'm going to have to turn my attention to the flower beds now. It's mum time!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Slo-Ride...your kraut is on the Minn/SD border..so hook up with Ken before he finds that fork...*lol*

If he likes that as much as I do,,He will scarf it right out the jar..No fork needed.:D
Thanks for thinking of me.I was getting in the L1 yard for awhile but not lately..

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I'm sure you'll hook up! :) I just put up another 9 pints of salsa and 3 quarts of pickles..think it's time to start ripping out some vines!