Gaming systems?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Just wondering;

Xbox or what?

Which gaming system do you or would you have?

I already have the laptop - just looking for options.

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
We have a PS2. Kinda nice, as it also plays dvd's, so t saves from having 2 boxes back there. DVD audio is very quiet out of it though. Might just be my garage-sale TV.

Jayman

Expert Expediter
I have a PS2 also. But, dont play it much. Too busy with other stuff and watching my Colts win even though it kind of amazes me. Lots of injuries and a couple of other issues.

Used to watch DVD's though my PS2 also. But, I have been told to do that isnt good on the system. DVD movies require the CD to spin faster than the system typically works to play games. But, not sure if that is true.

aquawarrior7

Expert Expediter
My PS2 also made the dvd's quiet. We would have to turn on the closed captioning lol
Nothing like a relaxing movie or is that a book?

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Oh yeah...PS3 is coming out this month, I think. So, if your getting ready to buy...you may want to wait for it.

darkunicorn

Seasoned Expediter
Its kinda your choice ps2 or xbox either one keep in mind can buy used games at eb games and game stop across country pus they got used dvd’s and tv shows on dvd cheap. Helps pass the time.

Alvin

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just got a PSP. I'm not hugely into gaming but wanted something for when the pc and reading don't interest me and I can't find anything on amateur radio. It's pretty cool so far.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I have the ps2 also. Haven't spent much time on it since getting Civ3 for my puter. Ultimately, the puter is the best gaming system, since you can get decent games for $10-20 at Wallyworld.

If you're still getting a system, get a ps2. They have a better selection, and they have more used games at GameStop... and not bad prices.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
Leo, I just scored a used PSP for $100 today. These little things are amazing. Solved my need for a decent mp3 player and a handheld game system. I just figured out how to load video with a downloaded program.

This little gadget gets the Phreak's 100% Stamp of Approval!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's cool. Sounds like you got a good deal on it. You can show me how to do everything with mine when we wind up at the same place sometime.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

roadman

Seasoned Expediter
i have the original xbox and a psp. it is good to sit back after a long day driving and start unload on people in the 3d world. :D

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
X-box in the truck,,,x-box in the house..
For online gaming (BATTLETECH)its on the P.C.,,which really blows because only thing i can get at the house is dial up,,:mad: But i been playing BATTLETECH games since the begining when activsion use to make em...Great games for me

Anyone hook up a router to go truck to truckyet?