Fyda Freightliner

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Well I am almost there, picking up a class 8 expedite from Fyda freightliner in Columbus Ohio, Next week wanted to know If anyone has had any dealings with them and were they good are bad. Picking up a used unit that has been turned into an Expediter. How good is their work?

AbeJr

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I can't speak on your specific unit that you are purchasing, but Bobby is a stand up guy. He will treat you right.
Good luck on your new adventure.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Thanks Davekc

I have not heard anything negative so far. I am dealing with John and so far so good. And Lisa in finance got the deal done. I express to John how important this was, and the truck had to be 100% because it is going directly into service after oreintation, and so far all of my concerns have been addressed.

Abejr
(Truck# comming soon)

bigjoep89

Expert Expediter
Concrete truck driver 15 years
Concrete sales mgr, 13 years.
Expediter 1 year.

We bought a new truck fron FYDA last year and I will only say this. Truck wasnt ready when we bought it. It had just enough fuel to get to a truck stop. We had alot of mechanical proplems with the truck and got nothing but lip service from Fyda where we bought it. I finally had all the repair work done at Kansas City Frieghtliner and thay treated me as if I had bought alot of trucks from them.
Good luck and I hope your experience is better than mine.
Sorry did not intend to get on a soap box but you ask!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Post a picture of your ride when you can.
Sorry to hear about BigJoes experience, but it sounds like he got it worked out.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Hey Bigjoe

No Problem thats what I want to hear the good, the bad ,the ugly. I am getting into a 2001 F/L Century Class, Cummins 400hp, 10spd autoshift, truck has all new updates when strecthed into an expedite with new box and most all the trimmings. Its one of the green ones posted on thier website.

Keep the comments comming

Thanks
Abejr

:)

bruchar

Expert Expediter
We purchased one of the green 2001 freightliners just about a year ago. My advise to you is BEFORE you commit to ANYTHING FYDA sells, please do yourself a favor and take it to an independent shop have them put on the dyno and have them check it out thoroughly. As far as our experience...the night we picked it up,the heater wasn't working. Took it back the next day "fixed" heater and then the defroster didn't work a couple days later. Took it to FYDA shop and it took 5 hours to tell us the water shut off was bad but they didnt have the part in stock.
Later when I got home I pulled it apart and it turned out part was good!!!??? Go figure. Then transmission wasnt shifting properly had to have that done at another dealership because they couldn't fit us in until the following week. By the 2nd month truck started using water and we took it to a Cummins dealer and they diagnosed it as a blown head gasket. Which turns out was the initial problem with the heater, another $5000 gone(we decided to rebuild motor at that point). They put 8 new recaps on the back which we ended up replacing 8 months later to find out some of the casings were over 8-10 years old!! Recently we purchased another truck....NOT from FYDA. And honestly I would NEVER purchase another truck from them or John again. Please remember these are only our experiences... but buyer beware. Best to you in your decision.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I've never had any dealings with them. But what I've noticed was that their trucks are marked up quite a bit, as compared to competitors, for basically the same equipment. I liked Middle Georgia's selection and prices, tho they never give a price on their ads. That's an immediate turn off when I'm looking for a truck.

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Bruchar, Tennessaehawk,

I really apprecite the feedback, and I am taking notes. Those are some big concerns of mine. I need to get in a truck and go to work without any headaches to start out, especcially major ones so I making my list and checking it twice and to hope to have some of my own concerns addressed. I will be contacting a Cummins Dealer later today in the area to have it Dyno-Tested when I go to pick it up on Tuesday. I see that Middle Georgia F/L just posted a very nice Class 8 expedite. (something to keep in mind)

Thanks Guys and just keep em comming

Abejr:)

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Bruchar,

Forgot to ask, by some chance do you know where the Green F/L,s came from before they had gotten strecthed?

Thanks
Abe

bruchar

Expert Expediter
Abe,
Those trucks came from Interstate Distributors Services. I emailed you with some additional information.

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Thanks Bruchar,

I will check the e-mail, Once you had gotten that truck taken care of how did you make out with it, and how long did u keep it?

Thanks

bruchar

Expert Expediter
Abe,
We still have it. After all the repairs and tires...we put drivers in it. We are fanatics about maintenance so far so good. But those first 6 months were really tough to get through.

TeamDrivers2

Expert Expediter
WHOAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

STOP right there !!!

Before you sign any paper work i'd certainly have that truck examined as suggested from a poster above. I live not far from Fry'd Ya and most around here would drive 10 hours to get parts or service elsewhere. Don't think for a scecond you're getting a great deal. Please, do some more homework and you'll quicky find out their pricing is EXTREMLY high. I have made numerous trips [on my dime] to FL of Knoxville cause their service department rocks !!!! I bought my 1st.....then my 2nd......and now i'm waiting for delivery of my 3rd FL from those fellers. ['06 Century]

Seriously man, shop-shop-shop and you'll find their pricing is WAY outta whack.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We bought a truck from Jon Mosier (Freightliner of Knoxville) in August and have had great results. At over 90,000 miles since purchase it has been trouble free and a great truck. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Jon Mosier is a stand up guy. You won't regret dealing with him. The saying "you can take his word to the bank" applies. Good luck.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Thanks Guys

I really do appreciate the heads-up, like I said I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly....lol

Thanks

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Check that truck out good before you take delivery or sign anything. I bought the first Class 8 stretch they did back in 2000. Although, I put almost a million miles on it before I sold it. It was the worst stretch job I ever seen. Maybe they have improved. But take a close look under the truck. The truck I bought. They cut every crossmember in half and welded them back together. They only doubled the frame from just in front of the tandems back. The drive axles were not placed properly for weight distribution. Had to have a inframe overhaul done at 300K. Truck only had 157k on it when I bought it. I strongly recomend a dyno run. And check the engine hours on the ECM. May only have so many miles on the odometer. But you may find it was idled alot and has alot of hours on the engine. I personally would not buy another truck from them. I think think they are a taking half worn out fleet trucks. That they aquire cheap at auction. Do a stretch job. Throw on a box. And some landing gear. Which incidently on the truck I bought from them was used and did not even work. And make a big profit. Maybe they have changed. But I am just sharing my experience. Good Luck!!!

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
The question now is,if a person is going to buy a Class 8 stretch truck,were would he buy it from?

Freightliner of Knoxville?

TeamDrivers2

Expert Expediter
> The question now is,if a person is going to buy a Class 8
>stretch truck,were would he buy it from?
>
>Freightliner of Knoxville?

YES - FL of KNOXVILLE is the correct answer !!! NO DOUBT !!