Fun times to come

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You've posted a link to someone else's opinion, while offering up no thoughts of your own to get any kind of discussion going. I've moved it from the General Forum to the Soapbox where it maybe belongs, but can you give any reason why this post shouldn't just be deleted for being pure SPAM for BlackListedNews? 'Cause that's what it is so far.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
you want my comment ok I think tsa is going to start interstate check points and I think that's crazy and uncalled for! but for sure going to happen in the near future!

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
That article mentioned some random searches of bus passengers bags in Texas, I saw this myself in new Orleans last week. Two plainclothes officers with Louisiana badges randomly searching bags. I'm assuming looking for weapons / drugs. I'm all for it, crime and society seem out of control to me, I'm aware that's my perception. I'll give up some of my freedoms for a safer society.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Chance,

In order for you to give up your freedom to achieve personal security, you frst HAVE to TAKE my freedom.

When you TAKE my freedom you have also taken my security.

"Those who exchange freedom for security, deserve no freedom nor security and in the end will have niether"

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
I live in a somewhat bad neighborhood..if I went out @ 3:00 am , wearing dark clothes, and a patrol officer stopped me, ran my name through LEIN, or SOS , i would appreciate him doing his job. I'm sure there are a million different scenarios, but what I'm saying is I don't mind being inconvienced a bit, to be safer. I do understand where your coming from. I don't think knee jerk reactions, blanket quotes, and jingoism will change the way I feel.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
That article mentioned some random searches of bus passengers bags in Texas, I saw this myself in new Orleans last week. Two plainclothes officers with Louisiana badges randomly searching bags. I'm assuming looking for weapons / drugs. I'm all for it, crime and society seem out of control to me, I'm aware that's my perception. I'll give up some of my freedoms for a safer society.

wow...you know that old guy Ben Franklin was a pretty smart guy, even by or maybe "especially by todays standards. Around 1775 he said something that goes along with what i highlighted from the above post:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin...

works for me....

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
wow...you know that old guy Beb Franklin was a pretty smart guy, even by or maybe "especially by todays standards. Around 1775 he said something that goes along with what i highlighted from the above post:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin...

works for me....
WoW.....and the Patriot Act was enacted against them very words of Mr Franklins...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Chance wrote:

I live in a somewhat bad neighborhood..if I went out @ 3:00 am , wearing dark clothes, and a patrol officer stopped me, ran my name through LEIN, or SOS , i would appreciate him doing his job.

The fact is he is NOT doing his "job"...he is overstepping the very Constitution he swore to uphold and unless YOU gave him "probale cause"..he not only violated your rights, he breaking the law...

just because you are fine with that crap and would allow it, giving him the impression its all good, does not mean he as the right to violate anyone elses rights....just keep giving them the power they try to take, sooner then later its going to bite you...

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
WoW.....and the Patriot Act was enacted against them very words of Mr Franklins...

yes it was, but the key word is "ENACTED"... it was "done to the people", "they" didn't have a say in it.....as i said in another thread, this "stuff" had better change..if not iam willing to bet you will see "TSHTF".....

Again, just a "over reaching "government"....

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
yes it was, but the key word is "ENACTED"... it was "done to the people", "they" didn't have a say in it.....as i said in another thread, this "stuff" had better change..if not iam willing to bet you will see "TSHTF".....

Again, just a "over reaching "government"....

I lived in Canada when they enacted that Act...even I could see that was so very wrong, so many opportunities to be abused by shady lawmen and officials...way to many loopholes and gaps.....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Alien and Sedition Acts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

History repeats. The Alien and Sedition Acts were passed during John Adams time as president in response to criticisms against the government and specifically the Federalists in power.

The Naturalization Act – The residence requirement for citizenship moved from five to fourteen years.

The Alien Act – The President could deport ‘dangerous’ aliens at will. The definition of ‘dangerous’ being totally up to the President.

The Alien Enemy Act – The president could expel or imprison enemy aliens during times of war.

The Sedition Act – Any conspiracy against the government including riots and interference with officers would result in a high misdemeanor. This went so far as to stop people from speaking in a “false, scandalous and malicious” manner against the government.

Sounds a lot like the Uniting (and) Strengthening America (by) Providing Appropriate Tools Required (to) Intercept (and) Obstruct Terrorism (USA PATRIOT) Act of 2001.