Fuel Enjecters

bushrod

Expert Expediter
I'anm looking for a place in the Detroit area to get my injecters changed on a Int. 466. Don't truse dealer. }>

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I used to use Tricounty in Warren Mi and never had any problems with them when they worked on the ford trucks I had at the time. I heard all kinds of stuff about the dearborn place.

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You don't have to go to the dealer, but the Warren location is probably better. I don't know if this place will do that major work, but I found a place that is very clean, has tires, and seems reputable. Premium Fleet in Romulus. It's close to 275 & Ecorse, North on Hannah Rd. His number is 734-641-8100. It may be helpful to have a few spots in mind just for general repairs- if this doesn't work for you.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
Something to keep in mind!

Having work done by a place other than your trucks dealerships sometimes creates problems and big money.

We had an air compressor put on at a Volvo dealership and we own a International 7400, well the new compressor took a dump and we had them replace it again and we paid the labor...soon after that one was replaced it took a dump and we ended up having a International dealership redo everything once again and this time we have a written 1 year parts and labor warranty good nationwide and possibly Canada as well.

So the cheapest price is not always the answer,we're still waiting for a refund check from the Volvo dealer and have been for over 6 months and that's not counting all the down time involved.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Never had a problem with Tri-county replacing injectors (2 of them). However, to have them troubleshoot or just replace the obvious is something else. And, don't count on them getting you in and out.

I tried the Monroe International dealer. Not bad. Don't know what kind of wait you'd deal with, and they are out there a distance.

Give Arrow Truck and Parts in Detroit a call. They're practically under the bridge on Fort Street. I've never had a problem with them. And they're always reasonable on time, and usually cheaper than the dealerships. 313-496-0900

Let us know what they say.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas