Ok the following has been done to my truck front end
New tires
New tie Rod ends
New kingpins
4 wheel alignment
Centramatics
Correct air pressure
New drums shoes springs and misc brake parts
I've had my steering linkage and drag link checked by a very good alignment / front end shop for excessive wear/slop as well as the little U joint in the steering shaft
I'm at a loss as to what's left that would be causing me this problem it shakes and has a strange vibration
I've checked the wheels and tires for a true running
Next up will be a high speed wheel balance but I would think the centramatics would solve that

What's left?????
Maybe a new truck.....
International 4300 dt 466

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Believe it or not, I've had the same issue with my international. It turned out to be a bad drive shaft u-joint.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Believe it or not, I've had the same issue with my international. It turned out to be a bad drive shaft u-joint.

I believe yA but when the rear end was stretched they installed new u joints in it as well as a brand new 48" section of shaft but I'll look at this again
It's really up front in sure

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Frame Shop
Check driveline angles.
And driveline balance.

And don't ever question an answer from Rags.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Not questioning its not that kindof vibration it's more in the steering wheel im way familiar with a bad u joint as I replaced the center support when I first picked up the truck

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It could be the steering gear (knuckles, rods, rack/pinion) are worn or loose. Or axle (straight) is bent. But 96% of the time is an out-of-balance issue.

However, with centramatics installed, and the vibration still occurring, a computer balance of the problem position can indicate a mis-mounted or defective tire, a bent wheel or other "out of round" condition, which balancing alone cannot correct. Worn wheel bearings can also cause it, as centramatics can't overcome that, either.

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had new steers installed once with the balance media, can not remember brand name. The thing would shake its head starting around 70 mph. Turned out that one tire was perfect, (in balance) pulled the balance media out, all was good. Tire guy and I were amazed.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd have somebody hold your shaft. Tight.
Shake the wheel. Reposition the wheel and try again.
Just checking wheel is tight to shaft and the second little U joint that may be hidden up in steering column.

When did this start ? At build or later ?
If later, was anything changed prior to problem developing?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I was thinking, and thought that the steers were damaged by the kingpins being worn and new steers would stop it but that didn't help, it needed tires soon anyways as they had reached their minimum . Have to look for that second mini u joint.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have you checked to see if the rim is dented anywhere?
You said New Tires, did one of the steel belts give in the tires?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe yA but when the rear end was stretched they installed new u joints in it as well as a brand new 48" section of shaft but I'll look at this again
It's really up front in sure
Was the frontend shake and vibration there before the stretch job?