Fridge - Unasked for advice

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Remember how your mother always reminded you to wear clean underwear in case you were in an accident and had to go to the emergency room? Well, here is my unasked for advice for today. We are having some work done on our truck and we have to leave it for a couple of weeks. When we got to the place to do the work I realized I would have to empty and turn off the fridge!!! Oh, no! I had to take everything out and clean it while the people waited for the keys. So I have decided a good weekend project at least once every two weeks is to take out everything from the fridge and clean it good and throw away anything "strange". Those of you in vans don't have this problem but those of us in D Units need to check out the fridge cause you never know!

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
A shut mouth gathers no foot.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Rule of thumb, if you have leftovers frozen so long you can't tell if it's meat, or cake.. throw it out!

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"You cannot tailor make the situations in life, but you can tailor make the attitudes to fit those situations before they arise"

Zig Ziglar

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Wow India I looked in my refrigerator and I need to do some cleaning also. It is funny how you don't notice the small stickies until you think someone else might look at it. Thanks for the word of warning!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
India, I don't have a fridge in my van, though I would if I'd seen that cool micro/fridge last year, lol, but I use a cooler and ice, and clean it every other day. It is a PITA, but far better than the stuff called food on most exit signs. My pet peeve is the way they're designed, with little itty bitty places that are hard to keep clean - ditto for the knobs on the CB. I wish designers would consider the difficulty of cleaning things, before they call it done!x(

Pappy

Expert Expediter
This reminds me of being home! We cleaned the fridge a couple of weeks ago and then had to go to the grocery store cause there was nothin' left to eat!

Pappy

:p

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
On the clean underwear thing - best to follow Bill Cosby's advice and keep the clean underwear in the glovebox to change into after the accident . As he said , when you see an accident coming , you no sooner say it than you do it !

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Lesson I have learned:

Five days worth of cold food and two frozen. By the time I eat in three restaurants etc.. This is now ten days. By the tenth day its either restuarnts or restock for only three days.

By Two weeks I am what ya might say lonely, and I need out of the truck no matter what. Plus add in a couple of good long runs and not in the mood to cook for myself or make a sandwhich. Well now you get the point.

Would rather be running and throw everything out, but $ is $ and the way its been in 07 I am eating about everything I bring.

Pappy

Expert Expediter
Yep---The skid marks CAN leave the highway and end up in the Fruit of the Looms huh!

PAPPY

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
my in-laws are danish. they had a motor home at one time. one weekend at thousand trails my wifes nephew came up there with a couple of his buddies. the last night mormor(mont ma) said "tonite is the last night here so we are having musgo for dinner". several weeks later she ran into the mother of one of the boys who said her son had raved about the musgo danish meal they had that night and she asked for the receipe. mormor said in her lovely danish accent musgo is simpley everything in the fridge that must go before leaving camp. :7