Ford Full Size Transit

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yes the Ford Transit will be built at the F150 plant in Claycomo,MO just south of Kansas City. I hope all the delays will be because they were working out all the kinks. Seems as though the gas engines will be 2 V6's and the diesel will be an inline 5 cylinder diesel from South Africa.
The Transit will be built in Kansas City and the Chevy/GMC vans have and will be built in Wentzville, Mo... What are you talking about?

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
The Transit will be built in Kansas City and the Chevy/GMC vans have and will be built in Wentzville, Mo... What are you talking about?
A previous poster corrected me on the transit being constructed in Kansas City. But the no one ever said where the express was made tho. I at least had the NV right in my outlandish statement lol

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Our sponsor Pallotta Ford of Wooster, OH unveiled the full sized Ford Transit Van at the Expo this past July. I spoke with the owner the other day and they plan to stock and service these vans for Expediters.

They expect them on the ground early 2014.

Questions? Call Mike Pallotta at 866-574-5419.

jrcarroll

Expert Expediter
that ram is SO UGLY tho. I realize making money is the number 1 goal but I have standards and a front wheel drive fugly dodge aint gonna cut . Just saying

However good looking or ugly don't pay the bills. personally I thought the Sprinters were ugly when they first came out. At this time I would go with the Ram. (sorry GEO)

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
However good looking or ugly don't pay the bills. personally I thought the Sprinters were ugly when they first came out. At this time I would go with the Ram. (sorry GEO)

That's the great thing about choices I can have my sprinter, you can have the ram, and joe bob can rock out the old express and were all happy. Variety is the spice of life lol

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Really? You mean the pics in post 39 are real ?

Probably heading to the proving grounds for more tweaking.

guido4475

Not a Member
isnt the transit being made in mexico? and the express made in canda? only "american made" cargo van is the nissan NV...canton mississippi ive been there several times taking loads in my sprinter that had it final assembly in north carolina. the idea of "american made" is a joke imo...all it means it will cost more than necessary and fall apart in 6 months

Actually, The Sprinter's final re-assembly point is in Charleston, South Carolina, If I remember correctly.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Actually, The Sprinter's final re-assembly point is in Charleston, South Carolina, If I remember correctly.

I've certainly learned to check my facts before posting lol but with the sprinters I knew it was a Carolina just wasn't sure which one. I was def closer with saying nc instead of sc compared to the Mexico to Kansas debacle

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
isnt the transit being made in mexico? and the express made in canda? only "american made" cargo van is the nissan NV...canton mississippi ive been there several times taking loads in my sprinter that had it final assembly in north carolina. the idea of "american made" is a joke imo...all it means it will cost more than necessary and fall apart in 6 months

This dude's got his facts wrong.....oh wait that me lol

Correction I got my facts wrong lol

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry to say you're incorrect, but the Transit is being made in Claycomo

Correct. The Promaster is being made in Mexico, Saltillo to be precise. You see 'em on flatbeds all the time in Laredo.

Sent from my SCH-I110 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just delivered in Claycomo this week..official run date is now tentatively pushed back to August 2014...making it a 2015 model year.....tough luck for those waiting for the release...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just delivered in Claycomo this week..official run date is now tentatively pushed back to August 2014...making it a 2015 model year.....tough luck for those waiting for the release...

Ford ...a better idea....to whom.....I bet the new employees at Liberty , Mo. who were being trained in August of 2013 for the partial assembly of Transit parts to run 3 shifts once the Transit plant went full production are wondering w t h ....lol

sent from my mobile apple cart