? for fleet owners

gregsr40

Seasoned Expediter
I have a ? for Van Fleet owners.The ? is do you have a hard time putting/keeping Drivers?Do you have a big turn over?What are the longest/shortest times the drivers stay/leave.Just wondering.
Thanks!

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Yes it can be a pain, but I have some drivers that have been with us for over 5 years.

gregsr40

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks--I was hoping for some kind of positive feed back. If you don't mind me asking---how many drivers do you have?Do you give any kind of incentive for them being with you for so long? Just asking.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Sorry I didn't see it says van fleet owners. I don't have any vans

TSexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
It comes with good and bad like anything else.
You have the really good ones who learn the business and get their own vans pretty fast but you're really happy for them and happy you didn't have any issues and you made money even for that short period of time. And you get the ones who know it all and if you dare to say something they quit, or think they know it all and then read here on the forum how they become bankrupt.
Over time you learn to read people a little bit better, you learn to have a good contract and you learn to incentivise the ones who are worth it.
About incentives... I'd say it's about money in the first place (paying a littel bit better than others, paying a little more for longer contract, helping with advances and most definitely paying EVERY week) but also about the way you treat people. Think and act like you're one of the better ones out-there, and the better drivers will get to you. (or at least this is me believing there is a God waching over us)
Good luck!

gregsr40

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks TS--That is the way I was looking at it.If you treat people the way you want to be treated it will come back to you.God is watching over us.Don't mean to get all Godly.