Fool me once.....April is here

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Phone rings, load offer , but we are booked. Turns out load canceled and we were not in the loop. Didn’t get the new load. At least we didn’t find out at the shipper, logistics!
That sucks Bill ..
I finally got loaded .. i small skid grew to 3 small skids .. shipper didn't Email RRE until i showed up this morning. Then added 2 skids hadn't crossed .. so 5 hours later (4hours detention $ )plus another 4 hr nap .. i am rolling..
Laredo to El Paso.. pd DH yesterday.. El Paso to Princeton, In.. now ..

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In case anyone else is silly enough to come to Denver, I found out why the Pilot got shut down in such a hurry: Eminent Domain . Seems the State of Colorado needs the land to complete the interchange between I76 and I70.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
In case anyone else is silly enough to come to Denver, I found out why the Pilot got shut down in such a hurry: Eminent Domain . Seems the State of Colorado needs the land to complete the interchange between I76 and I70.

Your knot referring to the J in Aurora??

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Your knot referring to the J in Aurora??

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Kno. There was a Pilot closer to the city, exit 276 maybe? Just a regular ol’ fuel and fast food type place, and the neighborhood is a bit sketchy.

The J in Aurora is still under construction, and the Denny’s is understaffed badly, but they’re doing a lot better with security. It’s not junkie heaven like it was. If you come, be prepared to prove you’re an expediter. If your van isn’t lettered, you might have to show them a BOL that shows you having delivered in the metro. Of course, they still have a small parking lot and there are bobtails back here.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
$3,500 for head gasket
Ouch! I had some complaining to do, but that blew it all right out of my head. That's more than I paid to buy my van

Beautiful weather yesterday. Changed the drivebelt, air and fuel filter. Air filter was pushed up in the middle and sand poured out when removed. This one, I'll change before 150k...

Thinking of going back to work, the calls are getting more annoying than the vacation