Fool me once.....April is here

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, but we’re gonna go to Denver over the weekend. Hopefully it won’t be too bad getting out of there. The one to avoid is Salt Lake; lots of out and back work but there doesn’t seem to be many longer runs.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The end of my windshield came sooner then expected.

So far my cracks have stayed in the lower 1 inch portion out of the way, so wasn't a major concern. This week a small new crack showed up in the top middle section heading downward. I figured, I was on borrowed time now.

Last night, I hit a road bump so hard I'm surprised something didn't immediately brake. Van seems ok, but that little top crack shot down 3/4 of the way down. Its so thin its hardly noticeable. However, what is noticeable is 3 cracks that shot up and branched out from the bottom right side. Fortunately, well out of my vision area. But now obviously, time for a new windshield

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And to think, you were about to chuck it all.

I was afraid of being the “chuck-ee”. Having bought the new truck, we’re kinda in this for the duration. I know what I need to do: make wiser choices in regard to where we go, and when. I have to avoid going to BFE places like Salt Lake, Seattle, etc, that are more than 500 miles from major freight lanes. Problem is, I love the west . That said, things may be different in spring and summer than they are in winter.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was afraid of being the “chuck-ee”. Having bought the new truck, we’re kinda in this for the duration. I know what I need to do: make wiser choices in regard to where we go, and when. I have to avoid going to BFE places like Salt Lake, Seattle, etc, that are more than 500 miles from major freight lanes. Problem is, I love the west . That said, things may be different in spring and summer than they are in winter.

Have you thought about staying out there for a period and doing the “out and backs”? They tend to pay well as there’s less competition out west. If it works out I don’t see the urge to always get back east. Just a thought.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Have you thought about staying out there for a period and doing the “out and backs”? They tend to pay well as there’s less competition out west. If it works out I don’t see the urge to always get back east. Just a thought.

I spent nearly 30 years doing mostly "out and backs". They do indeed pay well.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I like this idea, but it would take some scheduling to make a success out of it. Doctors, grandson, etc are all in Pennsylvania. We really have a buttload of catching up to do, then getting ahead, before we look at such a thing. Someday, though, I’d love to live out west

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I spent nearly 30 years doing mostly "out and backs". They do indeed pay well.

They'll pay well if they are priced accordingly ..
Folks get out to the middle of nowhere, phone doesn't ring for 2 days & they start to panic. Voices in their heads start asking them what they're doing all the way out there, nobody else around, no freight here .... this sucks, etc .. They turn into sitting ducks.
I imagine it's a different scenario with a good carrier like L1 ..

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So relocate to Ontario, CA or stop in LV for a little fun on the way to El Paso, TX. Hmmmmmm
Or, send for your bike. Spring in the Pacific Northwest (as you know) is fantastic.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
I like that idea the best. It’s been a couple of years since our Seattle to KS ride. Yellow Stone, black hills, dead Indian’s and president’s was a nice trip.
Just don’t have much faith in or desire to go to CA, although travel planers got 4 out last week. Not sure how good the loads were. El Paso has been real good for us,and most loads are back to the Expedite lanes.