flunker

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
So here is my thought.

Dont pay the School another penny.Here is what I found on their admissions page it is under the Graduation requirements section.

1 When a student does not meet specific standard for a Phase of training additional instruction may be required and given.

2 If additional time is required to achive an approved level of Performance,there will be no extra charge to the student.

Then a few lines down it talks about refunds being given to a student who does not complete training.Can not Shift gears seems to me have not completed training.My self I would call a lawyer.Or even just tell them you have called a lawyer.These truck driving schools are not cheap.There is no reason to pay them any more.Who told you 4 times if it was the school look into this also they are trying to Screw you out of more money so make sure it is only 4 times befor you pay for the permit again.

OR you could file a complaint with the Attorney General against the school.I had to go the AG route one time when a company I paid money to did not deliver on what they said.Kinda funny really the Coustmer service rep "promised" me I would not get a penny back.Her xxact words.I called The state AG office less then two weeks later I got a check in the mail for all the money I had payed them.Amazing what a letter from AG will do.

No matter what you do keep at it and like others have said relax its just a test.Keep going for the class A.There are many more jobs out there for a class A driver then there are for class B.If it turns out you dont like driving big trucks you can always go to straight trucks.:D

shaw1996

Active Expediter
thanks a bunch;)
So here is my thought.

Dont pay the School another penny.Here is what I found on their admissions page it is under the Graduation requirements section.

1 When a student does not meet specific standard for a Phase of training additional instruction may be required and given.

2 If additional time is required to achive an approved level of Performance,there will be no extra charge to the student.

Then a few lines down it talks about refunds being given to a student who does not complete training.Can not Shift gears seems to me have not completed training.My self I would call a lawyer.Or even just tell them you have called a lawyer.These truck driving schools are not cheap.There is no reason to pay them any more.Who told you 4 times if it was the school look into this also they are trying to Screw you out of more money so make sure it is only 4 times befor you pay for the permit again.

OR you could file a complaint with the Attorney General against the school.I had to go the AG route one time when a company I paid money to did not deliver on what they said.Kinda funny really the Coustmer service rep "promised" me I would not get a penny back.Her xxact words.I called The state AG office less then two weeks later I got a check in the mail for all the money I had payed them.Amazing what a letter from AG will do.

No matter what you do keep at it and like others have said relax its just a test.Keep going for the class A.There are many more jobs out there for a class A driver then there are for class B.If it turns out you dont like driving big trucks you can always go to straight trucks.:D

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Not trying to be smart, just some people are not cut out for a life style change and some are just not cut out to drive a truck.:eek:

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Not trying to be smart, just some people are not cut out for a life style change and some are just not cut out to drive a truck.:eek:

Totally agree............

.......and, not pointing to anyone involved here who can't seem to pass a driving test, but if a "Road Test" cannot be passed when the Test Taker is fresh out of driving school, then there's either a problem with the school or the driver themselves. Either way, after 4 or 5 "fails", I dang sure DO NOT want that driver out on the road in a "Truck" any time soon, period.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Brisco: you've never heard of 'test anxiety'? Some folks just get way beyond the usual nervous state most of us experience when taking a test, and the more they try to relax, the worse it gets.
I worked with a nurse's aide once, who'd been doing it for 15 years, and was excellent at it. But when the hospital changed the system and required aides to test out, this woman failed 5 times in a row - she simply couldn't conquer the fear of tests.
They put her in the mailroom instead. :(

shaw1996

Active Expediter
Brisco: you've never heard of 'test anxiety'? Some folks just get way beyond the usual nervous state most of us experience when taking a test, and the more they try to relax, the worse it gets.
I worked with a nurse's aide once, who'd been doing it for 15 years, and was excellent at it. But when the hospital changed the system and required aides to test out, this woman failed 5 times in a row - she simply couldn't conquer the fear of tests.

Test anxiety ever heard of it? Like I said before I can handle the road part when iam with a instructor. Several of them said I should be able to pass with out problems. Well come testin time I screw up. I think its the examier that tested me he was an pompus u know what.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
this woman failed 5 times in a row - she simply couldn't conquer the fear of tests.

What a great idea! Maybe shaw1996 could get a job driving the mail truck!!!

Seriously shaw, don't let anyone keep you from getting what you have paid for and doing what it is you have trained to do. There has to be someway to work around this I know, but, it is you who has to figure out how. I was always shy to do public speaking in 4H at school, so my daddy made me get up front in church and read a few verses from the bible every Sunday. I am still shy and nervous about being in the spotlight, but I now think back how I did it all those Sunday's. Good luck.

shaw1996

Active Expediter
What a great idea! Maybe shaw1996 could get a job driving the mail truck!!!

Seriously shaw, don't let anyone keep you from getting what you have paid for and doing what it is you have trained to do. There has to be someway to work around this I know, but, it is you who has to figure out how. I was always shy to do public speaking in 4H at school, so my daddy made me get up front in church and read a few verses from the bible every Sunday. I am still shy and nervous about being in the spotlight, but I now think back how I did it all those Sunday's. Good luck.

Thanks yure good cheerleader! I need that right now. its hard for me to test anything.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The important thing to remember is that a lot of people fail the road test for their class A. I failed the first time based on a judgement call by the state examiner. I was turning left at a light and claimed the intersection as it is instructed to do so in the driver's manual, while I was waiting for the traffic to clear the light changed so I started to finish my turn and someone coming toward me had a green arrow. Of course this caused a problem because I am in the middle of a turn and the other person thinks they should be able to just turn because the intersection is set up poorly. There was never any danger of an accident but the examiner said I should not have claimed the intersection because the other side has a right turn arrow. Well that is fantastic if you know the area or can guess what the lights are on the other side but the driver's manual clearly states I had the ability to claim the intersection. The examiner can be having a good or bad day and that can be the difference in you passing or failing.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Brisco

Expert Expediter

I wasn't trying to encourage said party to give up and not try again, it's just whether it's case of "test anxiety" or not, the "real test" will come while out on the road. And, if someone can't pass the basics 5 times fresh out of school when the training should be drilled into them, I would hate to see what would happen 3 weeks down the road when the "testing" of that drivers ability is challenged.

"Real Tests" would be Donners Pass in January, or hell, just about any time during the year. How about dropping down into SLC heading West on 80? Maybe going through the Smoky Mountains during one of the infamous "Fog Days". Driving through South Chicago in all the construction, or even in the Dallas/Ft Worth & Houston areas from 3pm tp 7pm.(I've experienced all these "Tests" myself) These are true "Tests" that drivers will experience and are probably a HELL of a lot harder and more mental on a driver than trying to pass a basic CDL road test with a stranger in the truck.

It was said here earlier, some have it, some don't. If it's a case of "anxiety", then they really have no business being behind the wheel of an 80K lb death machine.

In a lot of cases, you only get 1 chance at a "fail" out in the real world of trucking.

‪Fatality rollover on Donner Pass Sept 8, 2008‬‏ - YouTube