Finance company

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Hi
Anybody known a good financing institution? I want to buy an used Straight truck.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is a very good idea to develop a working relationship with a business banker. Even better if they are used to trucking issues.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
I just talked with Jeff, great guy, the only thing is that they not give credit for o/o with own authority. You have to be team with Panther , Fedex ,Expres 1 .etc. Somebody know an other company? Local credit unions I dont think loan money for a used straigh truck.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just talked with Jeff, great guy, the only thing is that they not give credit for o/o with own authority. You have to be team with Panther , Fedex ,Expres 1 .etc. Somebody know an other company? Local credit unions I dont think loan money for a used straigh truck.

Do you have a locally owned bank in your area? IF so, go in, with a plan, and talk with a business loan officer.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If you have to be leased to a carrier then they likely want the money passing through their hands before you get it. Outside of that I would see little reason for the requirement.
Local credit union will give you your best bang. Outside of that you are almost looking at GE, Wells Fargo or somone that deals in equipment loans.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

Ah, okay - I didn't know you were a motor carrier. I'd agree with John - start calling your local Credit Unions first.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The bank you run your business account through would be my first stop. They can see your history and have an interest in you already.
Don't be discouraged if they turn you away. Banks are very funny about trucks.
GE got my online app at midnight and had me approved by 08:30.
They were a pleasure to deal with.
They do alot of truck financing. I called them direct,cutting the dealer out of making money by handling the financing.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just don't get involved if any finance co you talk to wants an application fee !!!!!