Final Day

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Tomorrow is my final day as a expediter. After that last few months of on the road some things changed. Wife was my team member, but she got a job offer at home she couldn't turn down. Then you get home sick. Then we got into a accident last week. Me and co driver are fine. A pick up truck t boned the rear axle of truck. And a thought of how life is so precious. Then a medical issue i must take care of, before it gets to be a problem. So, i will not be far from here. Meet a few good people on here. So i will be in touch. Always looking. I hope you all stay safe. God Bless

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good luck and keep in touch! Be sure to come down and visit during the Pointe Mouillie Festival. You need some time in the "Downriver" area.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Tomorrow is my final day as a expediter. After that last few months of on the road some things changed. Wife was my team member, but she got a job offer at home she couldn't turn down. Then you get home sick. Then we got into a accident last week. Me and co driver are fine. A pick up truck t boned the rear axle of truck. And a thought of how life is so precious. Then a medical issue i must take care of, before it gets to be a problem. So, i will not be far from here. Meet a few good people on here. So i will be in touch. Always looking. I hope you all stay safe. God Bless

Good Luck! Nice Blog you had going. Expediting has it's perks but I think everyone would admit it is not a normal life.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
This business will kick you when you down sometimes and you just have to step back and regroup. Last week was that way for me when I was starting my spring yard clean up and fell 15' from a Pecan tree and broke my right leg in two places, shattered my heal and tore the ligaments out of my right knee. Surgery coming up in a couple of days. So now I just sit and try to take care of business. Stuff like this happens you just pick yourself up and regroup. After almost 45 years in trucking I've seen just about all a guy can see, but I'm still hear and still truckin, one way or another. So take some time relax in the spring time and you'll probably feel that tug on your collar saying its time to hit the road. When this gets in your blood there's no transfussion made that will take it out.

wimpy007

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
US Army
Denny2010, I guess you and I are leaving at the same time. As I look to my 80 Birthday, I guess I will call it a career and retire for the 4th time. I sure can't say it has'nt been interesting and entertaining. So I will hang up the keys and set in my Lazy Boy and watch the world go by, but I will keep reading EO.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
I love the job. But miss the wife. I stay out for 2 months at a time. Not home much. But i have opportunity to do something new and be home every night. Health will be better in a short period of time. Watch out lakes and woods because i coming home.. Thanks for all the help everyone has been.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Sorry to see you go, but you will be much happier at home. We will see you around, I am sure.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Denny2010, I guess you and I are leaving at the same time. As I look to my 80 Birthday, I guess I will call it a career and retire for the 4th time. I sure can't say it has'nt been interesting and entertaining. So I will hang up the keys and set in my Lazy Boy and watch the world go by, but I will keep reading EO.

I hope I can say that at 80. Good luck to ya. :cool:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Hey Denny. You started a trend.
You, then Blizzard and Falligator,and now Wimpy.
Four in one week.
And a few more that sound like they may go crazy by Friday.
I think we're all ready for winter to end.

wimpy007

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
US Army
My wife and I teamed since 1996 when we started with Roberts then FedEx. We retired after 9 years
sat home about 2 months, got another van. FedEx was not putting any van on. Then went with ConWay Now /Panther and now its is time with all the CSA and other nonsense that is coming down the Pike it is time to retire for the last time. Just remember to keep the shine side up and the dirty side down and keep it between the ditches. John & Gladys Long

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My wife and I teamed since 1996 when we started with Roberts then FedEx. We retired after 9 years
sat home about 2 months, got another van. FedEx was not putting any van on. Then went with ConWay Now /Panther and now its is time with all the CSA and other nonsense that is coming down the Pike it is time to retire for the last time. Just remember to keep the shine side up and the dirty side down and keep it between the ditches. John & Gladys Long

Enjoy the time and good luck.