fellow newbs check out

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
So let me see if I have this correct, you want people to send you donations so that you can basically travel the country and surf and bungee jump and snowboard?

Everyone I know works hard for their money and I really don't see them willing to send it to you to party or whatever. I can't even believe you would ask such a thing.

I really can't see this as being good for the industry, and will only cause an increase in the BAN THE VAN movement.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
OK guys, personal comments on someone's appearance not necessary!
(comments were edited, one post removed)

Zane, great that you started a blog to show others what you do. On a personal note, I find it personally cool that you have a link to support TWLOHA, something that is important to me.

That being said, many people use expediting to fund other forms of entertainment.. such as tourism.. hence the term 'Paid tourist"... we understand that. The idea that you're going to be doing other stuff, not a prob... the idea that you are 'accepting donations' to support you will you do it.. probably not a good thing....

Dale

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
Hey MX,

Last I checked Roanoke, VA is still a part of the United States of America, you have the right to seek all legal avenues to add to your bank account. Your donation tab on the blog is no big deal. Put whatever you want on your blog because.. well... it's YOUR BLOG! I may send you a buck just for the fun of it.

I think it is great that a 22 year old is out there making a living and chasing the dream. Better than many 22 year olds I know that are still living off mommy and daddy.

Keep your goals ahead of you, get good advice and dont let others rain on your parade. I think some people here need to buy their underwear a size or two bigger, they just seem too irritated.

Have a great one! :D

Last edited:

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
So let me see if I have this correct, you want people to send you donations so that you can basically travel the country and surf and bungee jump and snowboard?

Everyone I know works hard for their money and I really don't see them willing to send it to you to party or whatever. I can't even believe you would ask such a thing.

I really can't see this as being good for the industry, and will only cause an increase in the BAN THE VAN movement.

I didnt say I wanted people to pay for me to party? no were in there did it ask that. I put the donation option on there to help out pay for thing that can make the web site better like a nice vid camera to bring videos to the site for others entertainment and to bring informative videos. I have gotten such a interest in expediting because it is the only thing in life that I have been able to get a remote interest in besides motocross and the people in this industry are as family oriented and welcoming and good people just like the motocross world. The two life styles seem to go hand in hand in a way besides the being a slave in the gym to be in shape part. But I have busted my butt racing and have been unlucky with some injuries thats why im taking year or so from the full time racer to pursue something new and plan on busting my butt expediting just like everyone else. But also instead of going out of service in my hometown im going to stay out on the road when i go out of service so i can travel and do things i wouldnt normally be able to do. To think that is a badthing and bad for the industry you really must have had a bad life and jealous of a lot of people then. Im going to Cover my whole adventure everyone i meet and plan on making tons of new friends as i already have. So why would the donation thing be a bad idea? if it helps me get a awesome camera and gives me xtra money to do things i wouldnt normally be able to do and let me cover the activity theres nothing wrong with that. And plan to use it to help me be able to keep riding and training while im on the road. You know in just about every type of sport or anything theres not one person that became great at it and at a professional level on there own dime. Every great player or person who partakes in any type of activity that has became an expert has help to do it. Think about all the endorsements sponsorships and donations by fans or whoever that go to helping a person go after there dreams. Im sure it would make you mad to know that i dont pay for any of my gear, get alot of parts for free and have a 18 wheeler take my bikes to the pronationals in the summer when im racing that series. But even with all that help going to one pro race still cost the average rider like me minimum of 1000 in the pocket each race, Anyone who becomes a top contender does so with people giving them lots and lots of financial support. And i know this isnt motocross this is expediting but i feel theres no harm done if someone wants to help me out,therefor i have the option but thats not why i have started the blog.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
OK guys, personal comments on someone's appearance not necessary!
(comments were edited, one post removed)

Zane, great that you started a blog to show others what you do. On a personal note, I find it personally cool that you have a link to support TWLOHA, something that is important to me.

That being said, many people use expediting to fund other forms of entertainment.. such as tourism.. hence the term 'Paid tourist"... we understand that. The idea that you're going to be doing other stuff, not a prob... the idea that you are 'accepting donations' to support you will you do it.. probably not a good thing....

Dale
thanks for the input and i understand your opinion on the donations but i just started the site and the reasoning isnt to put money in my pocket its to help me be able to do things easier and to help pay for stuff for the site and im going to be doing alot of things like give aways make t shirts and start a clothing company and make stickers and have give aways for that as well.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Hey MX,

Last I checked Roanoke, VA is still a part of the United States of America, you have the right to seek all legal avenues to add to your bank account. Your donation tab on the blog is no big deal. Put whatever you want on your blog because.. well... it's YOUR BLOG! I may send you a buck just for the fun of it.

I think it is great that a 22 year old is out there making a living and chasing the dream. Better than many 22 year olds I know that are still living off mommy and daddy.

Keep your goals ahead of you, get good advice and dont let others rain on your parade. I think some people here need to buy their underwear a size or two bigger, they just seem too irritated.

Have a great one! :D

thanks alot preach, i have alot of donation type activitys plannd to cuz you see just ten 2many homeless people doin this job, i plan on starting a program to were 1 time each week i could find a random person that needs just a little sign so they can keep on and give them 20 bux just for a hot meal would make a difference

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Nice site, but I won't be sending any money.

thanks jj and no worries the donation thing is on the bottom of my list of things to worry about and to do, just there for someone who wants to be able to give a blessing and support me.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"the reasoning isnt to put money in my pocket its to help me be able to do things easier"

Now that's funny right there. :D

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Zane,
I see now you mean the donations are for the site, etc... you can well see how people who have 'seen it all' would think you meant donations for you to be able to drive around!

We've actually had many people asking for donations to buy trucks, etc... :rolleyes: heck if anyone wants to donate to my new van fund... email me!

Good luck,

Dale

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Dale,
I would send you some money but that money was spent on helping someone fix their car so they can make money for their family - sorry

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
"the reasoning isnt to put money in my pocket its to help me be able to do things easier"

Now that's funny right there. :D

lol ya got me ya got me good hmmm let me rephrase the reason is to help me make the site as awesome and interesting as it can be for everyones enjoyment and informative reasons....not to put money in my bank account to watch it get out the holeeee:D lol
i think thats a lil better ? lol

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Zane,
I see now you mean the donations are for the site, etc... you can well see how people who have 'seen it all' would think you meant donations for you to be able to drive around!

We've actually had many people asking for donations to buy trucks, etc... :rolleyes: heck if anyone wants to donate to my new van fund... email me!

Good luck,

Dale

true there thanks, hit pay pal up get your link the donations you get will suprize ya lol

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
and everyone the donation thing is at the bottom of the list of importance to me its there for the extra help

A

Anomaly

I might add, you do not want to wipe your eyes or scratch in any ... umm ... sensitive areas after handling any types of chili peppers ... been there, done that ... and there was not even a t-shirt to show for my ... experience :">

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I might add, you do not want to wipe your eyes or scratch in any ... umm ... sensitive areas after handling any types of chili peppers ... been there, done that ... and there was not even a t-shirt to show for my ... experience :">

yes there is..

chili-pepper-anipals-interactive-pop-up-t-shirt-6231c.jpg