Fellow Expediter needs our prayers

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Just found out that a friend and fellow driver Glen Rice who is Pioneer in the Expedite business is in the hospital and needs our prayers. Please pray for Glen and his wife Janice Rice as they both have been threw so much the last few years.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This is from Jan's (Glen's wife) Facebook page:

Glen is not in ICU. Yay. But he is hospitalized at Parrish Medical Center in Titusville. He was hosp in May for blood clots, at which time they dissolved them & implanted a mesh filter in the vein to prevent more from entering the lungs. The filter may be clogged w new blood clots. He may have passed a kidney stone, which was why he passed so much blood & clots. On top of all that, he is in severe back pain, so something is wrong there, too. He is finally getting the care he needs and, hopefully, will be home as soon as they get all this figured out. Again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your care, concern, and prayers. Yay, Prayer Warriors!

Glen has had a rough go of it with a number of issues, including pancreas surgery, a spinal fusion and more since their terrible accident in 2003. Jan was disabled in the same accident. The two of them have been remarkably upbeat and grounded in their faith through it all. But this time is different. While they remain upbeat and grounded in their faith, there is more talk than ever from them about the afterlife. This is serious.

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Ateam thanks for the update on Glen. I know this is second time Glen has been in the hospital over the last four months. We will keep praying for them both.

Sent from my PH44100 using EO Forums mobile app

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
My thought's and prayer's are with them, nothing worse than a driver in trouble! I hope modern medicine can work it's magic.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Glen just called me with an update. He is still in the hospital and expects to be there for a day or two yet. The doctors are developing a plan to deal with several issues, all of which are going on at the same time. He was articulate but a bit weak. He is not talking about the afterlife any more but, uncharacteristically, is not talking about getting back out on the road either. A number of issues must be addressed before he, Jan, family and friends know what's up.

It is understandable that he is not talking about getting back on the road but I fully expect him to start doing so soon. The man lives to drive and his determination to do so has brought him through one medical challenge after another that would sideline most.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Glen is a fighter and winner, God has more things on Earth for Glen and Janice to do still. Glad to hear the updates Phil.

Sent from my PH44100 using EO Forums mobile app

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
Glen is on my prayer list. I only met him the one time but I consider him a friend.