fedex rates

fedex4653b

Seasoned Expediter
i just wanted to ask fellow fedex drivers about recent load offers.my last 2 offers were 800 loaded miles from hagerstown,md to augusta,ga.their offer was $607.00 total.(as in .76/mile)after some serious talking,i finally got her up to 1.00/loaded mile.i went ahead and took that run.then today while sitting in columbia,sc i got another load offer.this one picked up 87 miles away and delivered 800 miles away in indiana.the pay on this one was an even better offer of .69/mile!!! on this load,dispatcher would not even talk about more money.i did not take this run.i was wondering if anyone else is getting these types of loads and if they were accepting them.i do not see how it is worth taking these...also,are you guys keeping busy? i have not been getting hardly any offers and i accept almost all loads except loads like these.oh yeah,i just remembered another one i got a couple weeks ago in toledo.i was at flying j,load picked up in tecumseh,ontario(68 miles away) and delivered to lansing,mi(26 miles) and pay was $64.00!!! well i'll stop complaining now.don't get me wrong.i love this job and i think fedex is the best,but where are these loads coming from and how do we take them???

greg334

Veteran Expediter
When asked why so low, these words were used in some of the load offers;

It is a contract tarif

This is a contracted customer

It is discounted because it is a contract tarif

Is there a pattern here?

Out of ten, I would say 5 had some of these words in them

In a meeting we had not too recently, a few of us were informed that all contracts were to be renegotiated as they reach thier end to increase the revenue from some of these companies. I wonder if someone messed up?

I am not complaining but it seems to me.....

ATeam

Retired Expediter
When we receive load offers like that, and we do on occasion, the response is simple. We decline the offer without a second thought. Reason for the decline is stated in our message, "Money-losing run."

If we get a series of such offers that tells us some dispatcher is trying to cover a bunch of bad loads no other dispatchers could earlier in the day. That is an assumption on our part that may be incorrect about what is really going on at dispatch, but it is an assumption we act on just the same. We go out of service for several hours to sleep or tend to other business matters.

We are very proud of our acceptance percentage but that is the first thing to go if bad load offers start coming in. If one's acceptance percentage got too low, I would imagine a contract coordinator may call to see what's up. The explaination would be simple and already on record, "Money-losing runs."

Many times, people at FedEx have told us we need to make the buiness decisions that make sense to us. No one there that I know of takes it personal when you decline a load. Everyone there would understand why low-ball loads would be declined.

The good news is FedEx has more good paying loads than bad (at least as far as we've seen in 3 years). With our minimum pay per mile standard set, we usually have no trouble maintaining a 70% to 80% acceptance percentage.

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
My load acceptance percentage was hovering around the 80% mark through August. Since then I'm at about 50% if that tells you anything. The good news is my income hasn't changed much. Like ATeam stated I take pride in my stats but business is business.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>i just wanted to ask fellow fedex drivers about recent load
>offers.my last 2 offers were 800 loaded miles from
>hagerstown,md to augusta,ga.their offer was $607.00
>total.(as in .76/mile)after some serious talking,i finally
>got her up to 1.00/loaded mile.

It would be helpful to the rest of us,if posters would mention the size of their vehicle when making comments like these.

ACW4478

Expert Expediter
FedEx CC is SLOW!!! (at least for B-units) My earnings are down almost 40% from this time last year. Crappy load offers and have been sitting more this year. Last year I was running at least 4 out of 7 days. Now I'm lucky to get out twice a week and I'm in the heart of the freight zone Ohio.

cowboyz

Expert Expediter
Just wondering how the load offers are with DR units,Anything different?
If so, what might be the reason?

The Finding Is In The Seeking!!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well talking to a few other van drivers, I find that things may be picking up for them. I am optimistic about getting out of here (home) sometime before end of Tuesday but it maybe a case where I am sitting here for more than 40 hours before the phone rings.

I am not complaining about this, but worried about it.....

I discovered that I have a refusal that I didn't even get a call on or a Clink message for. I wish I could refuse some of these runs but I am like others, really not getting a lot of offers to begin with. Well anyway, the run info says that they called and it rang and was busy at 10AM. I looked at my phone records and saw no incoming calls and that I called them 20 minutes after that. I checked my clink and it was used 35 minutes before (timeout is set at 45 minutes or an hour). I know I was sitting reading and listening to WSB at the time, so it wasn't like I was away from the phone. The really sad thing is that I ended up getting a run to greenville and than deadheading to Indy to make an appointment - the run I 'refused' was from Atlanta to Dayton.

So I asked one owner to check her stats and she too has one refusal that she claims she never got a call about.

Check your stats.