FedEx Parka

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mrs. Layoutshooter and I are looking at maybe buying the FedEx cold weather parka. The description on the internet is kind of weak to say the least. It does not say it is waterproof so I assume it is not. Just how NOT waterproof is it? Can it keep out a hard rain for 10 minutes without soaking through? What is the shell like? Is it windproof? Thanks for any help in advance.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Mrs. Layoutshooter and I are looking at maybe buying the FedEx cold weather parka. The description on the internet is kind of weak to say the least. It does not say it is waterproof so I assume it is not. Just how NOT waterproof is it? Can it keep out a hard rain for 10 minutes without soaking through? What is the shell like? Is it windproof? Thanks for any help in advance.

I have weather tested the bejezzers out of my parka and it is a champ. I have worn it in a serious hurricane wind and downpour while delivering and the water just rolled off and the wind did not penetrate. Also in blizzard conditions, same result. It velcros at the sleeves, zips to the chin, has a hood with draw string and cinches at the waist to provide a warm toasty environment.
Get it. Two thumbs up on this one.:D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Mr. & Mrs. Layout I talked to Bob about Parka's and we have a pair of these. The coats really are nice but the problem we have with them is they are HUGE and so take up lots of room. We used them in the truck one year and then went back to our old stand by FedEx hooded jackets which take up much less room.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is there a photo online somewhere? I looked on the extranet and found it on the order form but no photo. Also, how warm is it? The price is very reasonable if it's well insulated and extra warm.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We first saw the Parka's while we were picking up at a FedEx Freight or Ground location. I have never seen any pictures on line for the uniforms.

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We love ours! They are very warm and as others said they are wind proof and almost water proof.

They seem to run a little on the large size...something you may want to think about when ordering them.

They are kinda bulky and do take up some space...but this morning when it was 10 degrees outside and we were walking into pay for fuel, they proved to be worth having in the truck!

rikd57

Seasoned Expediter

These parkas were originally designed for FEDEX people working in the EXPRESS division who work on airport ramps where extreme weather conditions are often amplified by strong winds. I still have mine from when I worked at FEDEX EXPRESS and it is the warmest thing that I have ever owned! It is well worth the price in the FEDEX catalog. It does repel water somewhat but may need to hang up if you're out in the rain for more than an hour. It is a must for winter travel in case you get stuck with a breakdown or severe weather conditions. I can't believe you've been with FDXCC this long and haven't got one! :)_

Last edited: