fed ex cc

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking for info on fed ex how much are teams making there, what are there requirements such as is canada nessicary.
im in the market to either purchase or lease purchase a straight truck, if i can find the right company,and a good deal if there is any one out ther with info on fed ex i would appreciate it.AND HAPPY HOLLIDAYS TO ALL

Last edited:

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
C unit ,D unit, Reefer,White glove,Tval,lift gate,surface freight?Canada not necessary,but Hazmat is.The more Red Flags you, and, your truck has ,the more freight you have available too haul.How much you earn is up too you.How often do you need too be home? The longer you can stay out the more you can make.Staying out 6-8 weeks,then going home for a couple days is best.Do you have a nice cash reserve built up,for truck repairs,fuel,tolls ,living expenses.Do you have experience at expediting? Most people start out driving for a fleet owner.Are you willing to relocate.I see you live in sunny,warm Florida,not a good area if you drive for Fedex.Good luck!

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
yes,to the team quest. more worried about canada dont want to go if i dont have to some say you have to go.thanks, art

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
Fex Ex makes you have either a passport or pass card and HazMat. However there is NO forced dispatch and so you never have to go anywhere you don't feel like going.

melanieanne

Seasoned Expediter
Fex Ex makes you have either a passport or pass card and HazMat. However there is NO forced dispatch and so you never have to go anywhere you don't feel like going.

The no force dispatch is not a true statement. If you dont take the offer and they need it done they will call the Fleet Owner and twist his or her arm and make u do it, and FedEX knows this is the Truth.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
The no force dispatch is not a true statement. If you dont take the offer and they need it done they will call the Fleet Owner and twist his or her arm and make u do it, and FedEX knows this is the Truth.

Wrong. That's an issue between you and the truck's owner; not with FedEx.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

I was with FedEx for almost 14 years and I was never forced to take a load or called in regards to any of our trucks turning down loads that FedEx wanted them to take.

ATeam

Retired Expediter

melanieanne is not wrong, but she is not entirely right either.

Diane and I drove fleet owner trucks for three years before buying a truck of our own. It sometimes happened that we declined a load offer and the fleet owners called us about the load because dispatch called them.

But in our case, the fleet owners did not twist our arms to take the load. They called us as a courtesy to dispatch because they said they would. The fleet owners left it up to us to take the load or not and they were keen to do it in the interests of protecting our indiependent contractor status and theirs. A call from a fleet owner did not change our minds. We turned down the loads for good reason and stuck by the reason.

This happened only a couple times in three years. It happens that dispatch will call a fleet owner for help in covering a load but does not happen often, at least not in our experience.

Last edited:

melanieanne

Seasoned Expediter
melanieanne is not wrong, but she is not entirely right either.

Diane and I drove fleet owner trucks for three years before buying a truck of our own. It sometimes happened that we declined a load offer and the fleet owners called us about the load because dispatch called them.

But in our case, the fleet owners did not twist our arms to take the load. They called us as a courtesy to dispatch because they said they would. The fleet owners left it up to us to take the load or not and they were keen to do it in the interests of protecting our indiependent contractor status and theirs. A call from a fleet owner did not change our minds. We turned down the loads for good reason and stuck by the reason.

This happened only a couple times in three years. It happens that dispatch will call a fleet owner for help in covering a load but does not happen often.

Thank you A Team at least u admit and state the Truth. There are owners that do make you take the load when the company calls.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Thank you A Team at least u admit and state the Truth. There are owners that do make you take the load when the company calls.

You might want to read again what I said. I said that it sometimes happens that dispatch calls fleet owners for help in getting loads covered. I did not say that fleet owners made Diane and me take the loads. In fact, they did not.

Your experience with your fleet owner may be different. I'm only talking about what happened to us.

Other drivers have told me stories about getting calls from fleet owners after dispatch called the fleet owner. I don't recall any of them feeling pressure from the fleet owner to actually take the load. I mean, a bad load is a bad load. If it's bad for a driver, it's probably bad for a fleet owner too.

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We have never been forced to take a run that we did not want. But we have been able to negotiate enough in our favor to make taking a run we did not want attractive enough to do it.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
You might want to read again what I said. I said that it sometimes happens that dispatch calls fleet owners for help in getting loads covered. I did not say that fleet owners made Diane and me take the loads. In fact, they did not.

Your experience with your fleet owner may be different. I'm only talking about what happened to us.

Other drivers have told me stories about getting calls from fleet owners after dispatch called the fleet owner. I don't recall any of them feeling pressure from the fleet owner to actually take the load. I mean, a bad load is a bad load. If it's bad for a driver, it's probably bad for a fleet owner too.

I would have to agree with you 100% on the part about a bad load is a bad load. Nothing good about it for the owner or the driver.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Does it happen?

You bet. It may not happen to anyone here, but it surely does.

Should it happen?

Hell no. It is not a good business practice nor shows much in the way of serious lack of professionalism from the company to sidestep a decision maker.

The problem I see is that if they have to move the freight, then they need to make concessions and increase the rate with the contact person of the truck, not the owner.

This actually proves that the BS line that is often repeated here "they are too busy to do that" is just that - BS. if they have time to chase down an owner, tell them the sob story and then have them try to 'convince' the driver(s) to take the load, then they have time to play other games.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Does it happen?

You bet. It may not happen to anyone here, but it surely does.

Should it happen?

Hell no. It is not a good business practice nor shows much in the way of serious lack of professionalism from the company to sidestep a decision maker.

The problem I see is that if they have to move the freight, then they need to make concessions and increase the rate with the contact person of the truck, not the owner.

This actually proves that the BS line that is often repeated here "they are too busy to do that" is just that - BS. if they have time to chase down an owner, tell them the sob story and then have them try to 'convince' the driver(s) to take the load, then they have time to play other games.

This falls on the shoulders of the owners, IMHO. If they don't trust their driver's judgement and ALLOW fecc to intervene then there's a problem. Don't some owners have some kind of verbal agreement as to the lowest rate they would see as acceptable? If I couldn't trust my drivers to make these decisions then how could I trust them to drive one of my trucks?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I somewhat agree but the problem is with FedEx.

See if they can't cover the load because it is something they do and it is their problem, not the truck/owner's/driver(s) problem. They created the load offer, not the driver, so they have to deal with it without calling everyone up to get someone to 'force' the driver to take the load.

Say they book a load (government bid that is) for $1.75 gross and they offer it to the truck for say 1.10 TTT. The driver refuses so they up their offer to $1.25 TTT and the driver refuses. They plead with the driver "there isn't another truck in 300 miles, we need you to take this load for us going to BFE ND" and the driver still refuses. SO they call the owner and the owner agrees that $1.25 is a good rate and calls the driver. FedEx is the instigator, not the owner or driver and this is their fault.

If they bid the load at $2.25 or did some sales work (you know leverage that brand of theirs), then there would not be an issue but it is because they are practicing poor business practices and forgetting that the truck has a decision making part in the process.

BUT as I said if a dispatcher has time to mess around with this crap, then they have a lot of time to do a lot of other things.