February Location and Banter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
For Jan...approx $8900 on 7200 miles about $1.27 a loaded mile...only about 800 DH...Jan 11 till the 30th...:D
Fuel cost was about 12% of the gross...

Drive Less, Make More...:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Great month!! I WAS right there with you until I ran down here to Laredo.....Between no freight at reasonable rates and the weather, It looks like I will match Guidos time down here....today is day 6....luckily I got that great paying "local' and the "layover pay" that I wll take while here....so it isn't a total lost ..:rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great month!! I WAS right there with you until I ran down here to Laredo.....Between no freight at reasonable rates and the weather, It looks like I will match Guidos time down here....today is day 6....luckily I got that great paying "local' and the "layover pay" that I wll take while here....so it isn't a total lost ..:rolleyes:

you'll make more with 1 good paying load out then most will make in a week....:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
OVM wrote:

you'll make more with 1 good paying load out then most will make in a week....:D

Thats why I am hanging...sooner or later that long run out is coming..and also the food is pretty good down here.....:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Joe came through!! B e in Taylor by Monday AM....:D DH to Santa Teresa NM ...Deliver to Taylor....over a dollar all miles!!!

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Sitting in Sterling Il Unload in the morning. I have one of those golden nugget loads. Kohls. Those that have hauled these know what I'm talking about.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Darn cold here...wind chills -38...just another day...

WAS coming back out on Feb 14th but may take yet another week off till the 21st.....yeah I know...slacker...and loving it....:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well had a nice 2 nights at home....replaced a pipe in the wall under the sink...had to pickup my wife and take her the ER after she had a allergic reaction to a Energy / diet drink...spent about 4 hours there yesterday afternoon...but it is all good, no more leak in the kitchen, and she is ok...now,

Time to go...got a shorty...DH Toledo to Chelsea Mich...deliver to Hobart Ind...:)

And yea i was hoping to get one of those Kolhs loads myself today....oh well it looks like this may be a "new" in house account so my turn will come....unless they are "sprinter" and or ST only loads...and if thats the cae, I may have to move plans for a new truck up a few months.....

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Our issues with Pilot/Flying J should have all been resolved. Please let me know if anyone has anymore issue.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
just got back from town...Hettinger ND....2 cats fixed and some shopping...tomorrow the big city Rapid City that is....dealer for Thursday morning and Walmart...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
This is the first chance I've had to post anything on here since I haven't been able to sit in the chair at the computer.

Still at home nursing my back. The doctor's have been doing their normal "try this and see if it works" campaign. Up to last Friday, nothing has been resolved. Did have some improvement after one treatment, but it did not last.

Now, they have me on a steroid to relax the muscles which are, after three weeks, highly ticked off. Supposedly, the muscles are pushing on the sciatic nerve making the simplest movement extremely painful.

Today is the third day of taking the steroid. I am feeling an improvement. I haven't had a "nerve episode" so far today, so I have my fingers and toes crossed. This is the last attempt to correct the problem before the MRI to determine if the disc ruptured again, with surgery to follow if it has. Had this surgery last year, so I have no desire to repeat the process.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is the first chance I've had to post anything on here since I haven't been able to sit in the chair at the computer.

Still at home nursing my back. The doctor's have been doing their normal "try this and see if it works" campaign. Up to last Friday, nothing has been resolved. Did have some improvement after one treatment, but it did not last.

Now, they have me on a steroid to relax the muscles which are, after three weeks, highly ticked off. Supposedly, the muscles are pushing on the sciatic nerve making the simplest movement extremely painful.

Today is the third day of taking the steroid. I am feeling an improvement. I haven't had a "nerve episode" so far today, so I have my fingers and toes crossed. This is the last attempt to correct the problem before the MRI to determine if the disc ruptured again, with surgery to follow if it has. Had this surgery last year, so I have no desire to repeat the process.

I used to get sciatica every winter about January...so bad i had tears in my eyes...was near bed ridden for over a week...until...at work..I lifted something so heavy....it actually severed a nerve....very much pain at that moment...when it flared down....bingo....never had sciatica again..even tho the left leg has a small section of numbness and my 2 left toes are also numb...a sacrifice i'll gladly make...:)

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I used to get sciatica every winter about January...so bad i had tears in my eyes...was near bed ridden for over a week...until...at work..I lifted something so heavy....it actually severed a nerve....very much pain at that moment...when it flared down....bingo....never had sciatica again..even tho the left leg has a small section of numbness and my 2 left toes are also numb...a sacrifice i'll gladly make...:)

Yeah, the pain is quite sharp. Takes your breath away. Last year the surgery was for a ruptured disc. When it ruptured, some of the disc material went into a main nerve bundle and lodged there. Could barely move much less walk. I don't think that's what happened this time since the steroid seems to be helping. We'll see what happens.