February 2017 locations and more

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I thought it was only a white collar holiday? schools, banks. PO and Guberment workers and some UAW locals...

I don't believe my drought has anything to do with holidays.Last week, I just traced as much as I could thru my log book and Calender's and my own post it notes. My troubles started back in Oct of 2015 when my Son had his accident, and I was unable to work, add on top of that, the fact my house had to be rebuilt to bring him home, there was a lot of times I couldn't work. No doubt in my mind this created post it notes on the dispatchers desk. Then when we lost him on fathers day of 2016 things really took a downward turn after having several heated phone calls from dispatch as to why I wasn't avaible after the fourth day of his passing. First conversion was on the fourth day and he wasn't even in the ground yet. (I'm still waiting to see that dispatcher away from her desk.) I admit it took awhile staying home with my wife as she was a basket case and still has trouble dealing with it to this day.

I hear you, Slo-Ride. We lost our daughter a few months ago, and know you and your son's mother are going through some tough times. Any hassle from your company under those circumstances is uncalled for. I am leased to Bolt Express and am happy to say that we have been treated with great consideration and understanding. No pressure to return to service, although I have. And not only were we encouraged to take all the time we needed to get the wind back in our sails, we got a nice sympathy card and note from Bolt Drivers Relations team, plus individual calls of concern and support with Dave Barrows, a member of the drivers relations team. More than I expected, all a sign of a company that cares about drivers. I wish you the best, and a rapid return to a new normal in your new world. RIP to your son.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Back when any of you drove a semi did any of you consider or were an O/O? I find the idea of it awesome but the reality of it quite the opposite

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Back when any of you drove a semi did any of you consider or were an O/O? I find the idea of it awesome but the reality of it quite the opposite

From alot of company drivers "LTL" that I talk to they like the idea of driving for a company. If something goes wrong with the tractor, they get in another one. They also like the Benefits and paid vacation and 401k.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I thought it was only a white collar holiday? schools, banks. PO and Guberment workers and some UAW locals...

I don't believe my drought has anything to do with holidays.Last week, I just traced as much as I could thru my log book and Calender's and my own post it notes. My troubles started back in Oct of 2015 when my Son had his accident, and I was unable to work, add on top of that, the fact my house had to be rebuilt to bring him home, there was a lot of times I couldn't work. No doubt in my mind this created post it notes on the dispatchers desk. Then when we lost him on fathers day of 2016 things really took a downward turn after having several heated phone calls from dispatch as to why I wasn't avaible after the fourth day of his passing. First conversion was on the fourth day and he wasn't even in the ground yet. (I'm still waiting to see that dispatcher away from her desk.) I admit it took awhile staying home with my wife as she was a basket case and still has trouble dealing with it to this day.

I hear you, Slo-Ride. We lost our daughter a few months ago, and know you and your son's mother are going through some tough times. Any hassle from your company under those circumstances is uncalled for. I am leased to Bolt Express and am happy to say that we have been treated with great consideration and understanding. No pressure to return to service, although I have. And not only were we encouraged to take all the time we needed to get the wind back in our sails, we got a nice sympathy card and note from Bolt Drivers Relations team, plus individual calls of concern and support with Dave Barrows, a member of the drivers relations team. More than I expected, all a sign of a company that cares about drivers. I wish you the best, and a rapid return to a new normal in your new world. RIP to your son.

So sorry for your loss also. Thoughts and prayers to you and family.
And Thank you to everyone for your concerns and condolence. It means a lot.

Reactions: Tennesseahawk

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
From alot of company drivers "LTL" that I talk to they like the idea of driving for a company. If something goes wrong with the tractor, they get in another one. They also like the Benefits and paid vacation and 401k.

Working as a company driver myself it's so easy and while I'd love a O/O spec truck that's more comfortable I don't wanna pay to fix it lol

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you still working at that company Slo-ride?

Sent from my SM-N920V using EO Forums mobile app
Yes but have you ever heard the old saying,
When digging a bad hole its time to get rid of the shovel. :)[/QUOTEAMaybe you need to go in there and tell Them how you feel . I have talked to you numerous times but everything you say on EO is the exact opposite of what I experience . I run every DAY . I never have long DH ( usually 100 miles or less ) I have never had a loud verbal dispute with dispatch . I always get out of Louisville . I always get out of Princeton In , and I always get out of BEREA KY . So .....Something must be up ...because everytime you post something about not running or not moving I just shake my head . I 've run 35 loads so far this year .

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager

So sorry for your loss also. Thoughts and prayers to you and family.
And Thank you to everyone for your concerns and condolence. It means a lot.
You're family big guy!:)

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Are you still working at that company Slo-ride?

Sent from my SM-N920V using EO Forums mobile app
Yes but have you ever heard the old saying,
When digging a bad hole its time to get rid of the shovel. :)[/QUOTEAMaybe you need to go in there and tell Them how you feel . I have talked to you numerous times but everything you say on EO is the exact opposite of what I experience . I run every DAY . I never have long DH ( usually 100 miles or less ) I have never had a loud verbal dispute with dispatch . I always get out of Louisville . I always get out of Princeton In , and I always get out of BEREA KY . So .....Something must be up ...because everytime you post something about not running or not moving I just shake my head . I 've run 35 loads so far this year .
I've turned down 2/this year One because they wouldn't pay the deadhead and second was a load going deep enough enough I don't think they would ever find a load out for a single driver..as I stated the first 2 weeks where good. Then nothing after that. Nothing. Every time I talked to someone in that office first answer I get is its slow..Well I know the T.O # show different. I know different based on your post.. You tell me why freight isn't going on my truck but your working everyday.. Out the places you mentioned to get freight Berea would be the only one I would agree with. Last payday was $111 take home..

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Indeed!

Nancy and I are sorry for your loss, and we will pray for you and your family.

As for your company, their lack of concern for your situation is shameful. Is there a higher-up you can talk to, or would they be as rude as the dispatcher you mention? It looks to me like you're on their sh*t list. I know that it's more of a hassle for straight truck operators to switch companies than it is for vanners like me, but there have got to be places where a person can be treated with respect.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Indeed!

Nancy and I are sorry for your loss, and we will pray for you and your family

T

As for your company, their lack of concern for your situation is shameful. Is there a higher-up you can talk to, or would they be as rude as the dispatcher you mention? It looks to me like you're on their sh*t list. I know that it's more of a hassle for straight truck operators to switch companies than it is for vanners like me, but there have got to be places where a person can be treated with respect.
Thank you for your thoughts.

No doubt about it, there are post-it notes in that office. No reason to call anyone else, I have talked with all most everyone in there from dispatchers to who ever is driver liaison (or what ever they call them selfselves.) I have just been hit with a time I couldnt be avaible at their every wime..I have never failed to do my job ( other then paperwork I can be lax on that) and don't ask for extra money other then the D/head which I don't always get. Other trucks do. I'm not friends with them anymore then they are with me.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Number crunching today, came across this note and thought I'd post it as a reminder to get proper sleep

The mysterious white sprinter breaks free from the carrier's icy embrace
The mysterious white sprinter slices through the night like a gleaming katana, dripping with the promise of a new day
The mysterious white sprinter stopped eating turtle soup
The mysterious white sprinter reveals a new horizon
The mysterious white sprinter hears the song of the South and hastens
The mysterious white sprinter remains still, Listening
The mysterious white sprinter strains northward
The mysterious white sprinter hears an unfamiliar brouge in its exhaust
The mysterious white sprinter slinks smoothly into the oily blackness
The mysterious sprinter knows nought but promise
The mysterious white sprinter fades into the night
The mysterious white sprinter senses a change in season

Uh...don't know what I was thinking at the end of last August but I was working for 2 companies and I think I was burning the candle at both ends :eek: