FDX CC Accident Policy

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well I may be joining GEO and many others in leaving FDX CC.I have been with them since October 1987,put on close to 2 million accident free miles,gone way out of my way to help the company on many occasions,but now feel after their illustrious accident investigator (PAT.G) finished with me it!s time to go.
Last Friday morning at 0930 I was enroute to the Baltimore area to layover.There had been 8 inches of snow the night before and the roads while wet were bascially OK. I was coming up on an intersection of MD3/MD 175 and a van in front of me couldn!t stop and hit a stopped van in front of him. He then fishtailed to the right,I went as far right as possible but the left front of the box hit his rear doors sending him across the highway into the ditch. No one was seriously hurt but I have about $3500 damage to the box.
Police and rescue came right away,the police report and the eye witness reports exonerated me completely.
I called the accident in to Akron,did the photos etc.Today I received a letter written on Febuary 10 (Monday) that this accident was comsidered preventable on my part. The only way I could have prevented it was not to have been there. I called and asked Pat.G"How can you make this ruling without any type of supporting evidence or documents. I did not reeive a citation,the van driver did,it is obviously his fault,so why is it preventable on my part".Pat said".,you could have been going slower and been more alert".
Oh and I can appeal her decision,well I am not going to appeal,but start looking to go elsewhere,don!t know where or when but it will be another good White Glove D team truck gone..I could understand her decision if I received a citation or the reports said I was in the wrong but I wasn!t,just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time,which obviously means nothing to FDX CC..

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
rich go to egl and check out there web site there is a station near you

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I know what you mean about going the extra mile for the company, and how pissed they have you. It's all about money and they had to come to this decision to satisfy the insurance company. To them you are only a number. Those big companies don't have any royalty to any drivers.

newthead

Expert Expediter
By the way....Could someone PLEASE say something positive in my feedback area? Some jerk didn't like an opinion I had once and its kind of embarassing seeing that aweful -2 on it. Maybe you like the way I write or, my posts smell nice or something........anything

Thanks
Newthead

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
yes, egl is eagle gobal log to reply, and they may have a place near lyou

Sasquatch

Expert Expediter
Newthead- I stay in the negatives, but look at what speaking the truth does "Carrier Outsourcing" comes to light-different name-same game- hello M_L!! ps this subject/this company!!

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Rich:
It's not only fedup that find 99% preventable. Most times
the only way you get a non-preventable, is to be home in
you're nice warm bed. But then you may have another accident.
I was with another carrier a few years ago and when stopped
at a toll booth in Illinois a German tourist whom was a little
confused, finalized his transaction with the booth attendant,
got back in his car, put it in reverse and backed into me.
Needless to say, the misshap was "preventable". Well, the company
required that I dead head a few hundred miles for some "retraining".
They would'nt even attempt to load me that direction to attend
my "retraining". So, as you can imagine - that was the end of
that. The loss of my asset was no biggie to them. Thay's lotsa
fishies in that sea.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have a friend who used to run an E unit with FedExCC. One morning a forklift driver poked his forks through the side of the leased trailer while unloading it. Guess what Pat said... "Preventable accident." The only preventable accident I see there was Pat herself:7
-Weave-

Jimmy

Expert Expediter
Read your post on this subject. Reminded me of time I "contracted" to Fed-Ex ground. Driver was sitting at stoplight on one-way street car turned WRONG way onto street & collided head on with his van. He lost "service bonus" because it was declared a "preventable accident".
Remember there is a right way a wrong way & rodeway!