FDcc flat rate?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I believe I have also heard that the fleet owner get a higher rate per mile then the one truck owner at Panther.

What we find nice about FedEx Custom Critical is we do not have to find our own freight we are busy enough as it is.

When we get into a bad area we are often relocated to a better area.

Just for clarification.
A new single truck owner coming on today will not likely receive the same rate a long term fleet owner has. But there are single truck owners that have been there awhile that do get the same fleet rate. Depends on what kind of contract you have.

With regards to looking for loads, I would take a broker load long before any type of "relocation" or DH fee. Not even close with regards to pay. Yes it may take 20 minutes to book something, but the rest is a no brain-er. Most relocation fees regardless of carrier maybe pay for fuel and that is pretty much it.

Preferential treatment goes on all the time regardless of the carrier. Some like to think it doesn't, but that isn't reality. In some cases it is a matter of asking and or requesting, verses someone demanding it.
The latter of course can be problematic as some have found out recently.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Just for clarification.
A new single truck owner coming on today will not likely receive the same rate a long term fleet owner has. But there are single truck owners that have been there awhile that do get the same fleet rate. Depends on what kind of contract you have.

With regards to looking for loads, I would take a broker load long before any type of "relocation" or DH fee. Not even close with regards to pay. Yes it may take 20 minutes to book something, but the rest is a no brain-er. Most relocation fees regardless of carrier maybe pay for fuel and that is pretty much it.

Preferential treatment goes on all the time regardless of the carrier. Some like to think it doesn't, but that isn't reality. In some cases it is a matter of asking and or requesting, verses someone demanding it.
The latter of course can be problematic as some have found out recently.

I think personality and work ethic of the driver and the owner has as much to do with the preferential treatment as anything. If you were a dispatcher, would you "prefer" to give that good load to a good guy that treats you and your customers with respect and insures that the job is done right...or some hot head that gripes and moans all day, every day and gets complaints from your customers or delivers late? What if you have a driver that keeps his equipment in good shape and hasn't had a service failure in 3 years, but the 1st out guy has an old worn out pos that breaks down on every other load. Who are you going to send into that new customer to get the load? Sure, there is preferential treatment at every carrier. Some of it is probably not deserved, but my guess is that most of it has been earned.

It's been a year or so ago now, but I was called once and paid well to dh from Detroit to Cleveland to pick up a load. The dispatcher told me straight up that he had other trucks over there, but this was a new customer that they were seriously pursuing and he wanted a truck he had some faith in. He didn't say how much faith he had in me, more than "0", I guess :D

Last edited: