EZ PASS??

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
One thing to keep in mind is, under MAP-21, passed in 2012, all Electronic Toll Collection facilities in the United States must reach some form of interoperability by October 1, 2016. That means EZ Pass will be able to be used in Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, California, etc.

Hey what ever happened to MAP-21. I was so happy when I first heard of it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One thing to keep in mind is, under MAP-21, passed in 2012, all Electronic Toll Collection facilities in the United States must reach some form of interoperability by October 1, 2016. That means EZ Pass will be able to be used in Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, California, etc.

Hey what ever happened to MAP-21. I was so happy when I first heard of it.
Links to updated information can be found at the end of my post in this thread.

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the info Turtle and Moot. Still makes me mad. You've had 4 years, what progress did you make in 4 years. Answer, nothing they did absolutely nothing. I have a feeling it will be a long time before we actually see anything since there not being held accountable for the time table.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The attitude from most tolling authorities seems to be, "Hey, Mr. Government, if you want me to make my system compatible with other systems, you're gonna have to pay for it."

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
appears Congress got tied up watching the election and didn't pass the extensions needed for funding the total bill...appears there are many add on bill to this that need constant approval...1 fails they all fail...nice planning Congress...NOT