Extreme Cowardice

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Just the non-answer anticipated.
It's not a non-answer at all ... in fact, I'd say it's pretty clear.

Perhaps some others will opine about what they see in my answer, which you are apparently either incapable of, or just plain unwilling, to see ... because you don't wanna go where it will ultimately take you ...

BTW - I pretty anticipated that you would be unwilling to address the substantive issues involved ... and would respond as you did ... if you responded at all ...

So you have a choice: you can either engage in the discussion of the issue by addressing what I wrote in a responsive, substantive manner - one which deals with the issues/principles I raised ... or you can continue to wussy out, and duck, shuck, and jive ...

I'm guessing you'll do the usual ...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Frankly I'm not interested in a prolonged discussion. I just wanted to see if you'd answer a direct question. I didn't figure you would.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Frankly I'm not interested in a prolonged discussion.
ROTFLMAO ... I can only imagine ... knowing that you know that you don't have a leg to stand to on ...

I just wanted to see if you'd answer a direct question. I didn't figure you would.
Clearly you figured wrong: you being unhappy with the answer you got in no way means it wasn't an answer ...

And not only that, it was actually responsive to the question you posed.

Pretty funny: you make what appears to be an effort at dialog ... and then you run away from the result of your own creation ... with your tail between your legs ...

By all means: Let the self-beclownment continue !

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Once again, my point is this: if they can protest political cartoons published in countries that have freedom of speech laws, they can protest the violent actions and crimes of their own radicals.
And once again, my point is, you believe "they" to be the same people in both cases. "They" are not.

RLENT's "Final observations" paragraph above is spot on.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
From (I think) AMANA (from www.al-amana.org):

Florida Muslims Condemn the Boston Attacks
April 19, 2013

Islamic leaders offer condolence to the affected families and reject acts of terrorism!

ORLANDO, Fla., April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — In the name of God Most Gracious Most Merciful Florida’s Muslim leaders that represent over 100,000 Muslims today issued a joint statement condemning the tragic bombings in Boston and the loss of innocent lives.

Events such as this remind us to stand firm in our religious and American principles of pluralism and justice. No political position, no grievance can justify any act of violence or indiscriminate loss of life.

American Muslims are following American laws and the constitution and trying to raise good families and reject these extreme acts of terrorism; these terrorists have no room in our communities.

We are a peace loving community and we extend our hand of friendship and offer assistance to our Law enforcement officials to make sure these terrible incidents never happen again.

"I have personally worked with federal agents and also conducted various programs and training to assist law enforcement over the years" Said Atif Fareed, Chairman of the American Muslim Community Centers. "We are a part of the American society and we will do everything in our power to make sure that our country is protected" We reject acts of terrorism in any shape or form and pray to Allah God Almighty to protect us from evil and help us become a stronger nation safe from all evil and acts of violence.”

We want to congratulate the FBI, law enforcement and first responders who showed true compassion, courage and strength in the face of a crisis, and we are grateful for their hard work.

Official condemnation was signed by a number of Muslim leaders that represent numerous Mosques and organizations around Florida to include the following:

American Association of North America, (AMANA)
American Muslims for Emergency and Relief, (AMER)
American Muslim Community Centers
Longwood Center, Aisha Cultural Center, Masjid Maryam
CAIR FL
Florida Islamic Association
Islamic Center Of Orlando
Islamic Circle of North America FL
Islamic Center of Boca Raton
ICNA Relief
Helping Hands
Masjid Al Bir Islamic Association
Masjid Ihsan
Masjid Tazkiya
Masjid As Sunnah
Masjid Al Noor
Masjid Jamaat Al Mumineen
Muslim Youth Coalition of S. FL
Suntree Masjid
United Muslim Foundation

Media Contact:
Hasan Shibly 813 541 4321
Atif Fareed 321 356 3058
Imam Tariq 407 361 6666
Media Contact: Atif Fareed AMCC, 3213563058, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
Florida Muslims Condemn the Boston Attacks | Al-Amana.org

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Another fairly cowardly policy, resulting in brutal acts - particularly in light of the weather associated with the recent storm in the Middle East, detailed in an article from the Jerusalem Post:

NGO accuses Israel of torturing Palestinian children during winter storm
The NGO alleges that the children were held in outdoor cages until Justice Minister Tzipi Livni intervened.

An NGO on Tuesday accused the state of torturing Palestinian children suspected of minor crimes, including placing them in outdoor cages during the worst of the recent storm, and of other acts designed to terrify the children.

The practice of placing the children in outdoor cages was halted when Justice Minister Tzipi Livni learned of it and immediately telephoned Public Security Minister Yitzhak Aharonovitch, telling him to end the practice.

International law does little to define torture in a binding manner and groups advocating against torture often argue that ill treatment should also be defined as torture.

The NGO, the Public Committee Against Torture in Israel, said the issue was a longstanding one, but that it was drawing special attention to the issue in light of Tuesday’s hearing in the Knesset’s Public Petitions Committee on related issues and a recent report on the issue by the Public Defender’s Office.

According to the Public Defender’s Office, it learned of the issue during a standard visit to prison complex in Ramle at the height of the storm, with the children enduring freezing temperatures and inclement weather outside a transit facility.

The children were to be held outside for a number of hours overnight after their arrest until they were to be brought to court in the early morning.

(Article continues at link below)
NGO accuses Israel of torturing Palestinian children during winter storm | JPost | Israel News

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
FYI, an article that summarizes exactly the situation that has existed with the PLO and other terror organizations dedicated to the destruction of Israel.
The citation that the above quote references has already been more or less dealt with as being of questionable value, as it's coming from a known, documented serial plagiarist ....

Keep in mind, it was in 2000 that Yasser Arafat was offered substantial concessions by Israel in a "land for peace" deal brokered by Bill Clinton that would have established a Palestinian state - and turned it down.
Substantial concessions ?

The spin is reaching levels which might be fairly characterized as "complete mental derangement" ...

You think just because you use some adjectively-enhanced word that you're actually making a case ?

What were these supposedly "substantial" concessions ?

Elaborate and name them.

Here's a little bit about that "land for peace" deal and keep in mind the already substantial screwing - which I outlined earlier - that the Palestinians were getting under the original proposed UN partition plan in '47 - which was far more "generous" (what an utterly revolting way to have to characterize less theft) than what they were being offered in 2000 (selected snippets re: Camp David 2000 from Wikipedia, full article linked below):

Territory
The Palestinian negotiators indicated they wanted full Palestinian sovereignty over the entire West Bank and the Gaza Strip, although they would consider a one-to-one land swap with Israel. They maintained that Resolution 242 calls for full Israeli withdrawal from these territories, which were captured in the Six-Day War, as part of a final peace settlement. In the 1993 Oslo Accords the Palestinian negotiators accepted the Green Line borders for the West Bank but the Israelis rejected this proposal and disputed the Palestinian interpretation of Resolution 242.

Based on the Israeli definition of the West Bank, Barak offered to form a Palestinian State initially on 73% of the West Bank (that is, 27% less than the Green Line borders) and 100% of the Gaza Strip. In 10–25 years, the Palestinian state would expand to a maximum of 92% of the West Bank (91 percent of the West Bank and 1 percent from a land swap). From the Palestinian perspective this equated to an offer of a Palestinian state on a maximum of 86% of the West Bank.
Yeah, yeah, yeah ...

... Yasser ... I'm so ver clempt ...
have I ever got a deal for you

Since we're supposed to be "keeping things in mind" let's keep this in mind: In 1947 the Jews (who were not yet called Israelis) owned a mere 7% of the land ... and were slated to be offer 56% of the land under the partition plan ... of which at least 49% of actually belonged to the Palestinians ...

And in 2000, in their overabundant magnanimity, the Israeli's are essentially proposing to keep 8,019 square miles of territory ... while allowing the indigenous inhabitants to keep a whole, whopping 86% of what remains: 2,402 square miles ... someday ... maybe ... if we feel like it ...

... c'mon now Yasser ... you're getting a great deal ... mazel tov ! ... would I shtup/yentz you my brother from another mother ?

Right of Return
Due to the first Arab-Israeli war, a significant number of Palestinian Arabs fled or were expelled from their homes inside what is now Israel. These refugees numbered approximately 711,000 to 725,000 at the time. Today, they and their descendants number about four million, comprising about half the Palestinian people. Since that time, the Palestinians have demanded full implementation of the right of return, meaning that each refugee would be granted the option of returning to his or her home, with property restored, or accept compensation instead. Israel rejected the calls, fearing that the sheer number of refugees would demographically overwhelm the country.

The Israeli negotiators denied that Israel was responsible for the refugee problem, and were concerned that any right of return would pose a threat to Israel's Jewish character. In the Israeli proposal, a maximum of 100,000 refugees would be allowed to return to Israel on the basis of humanitarian considerations or family reunification.
Now - keep this in mind: IOW, Israel, after having driven these people from their land and homes - through the use of armed butchery against a civilian populace (both threatened, and actually accomplished) - denies that it has any responsibility whatsoever for the consequences of it's own actions.

If you, Israel, have concerns over a potential demographic problem, then get more Jews to make aliyah to the Promised Land ... either that or outlaw contraception ...

Security Arrangements
The Israeli negotiators proposed that Israel be allowed to set up radar stations inside the Palestinian state, and be allowed to use its airspace. Israel also wanted the right to deploy troops on Palestinian territory in the event of an emergency, and the stationing of an international force in the Jordan Valley. Palestinian authorities would maintain control of border crossings under temporary Israeli observation. Israel would maintain a permanent security presence along 15% of the Palestinian-Jordanian border.

Israel also demanded that the Palestinian state be demilitarized with the exception of its paramilitary security forces, that it would not make alliances without Israeli approval or allow the introduction of foreign forces west of the Jordan River, and that it dismantle terrorist groups.

One of Israel's strongest demands was that Arafat declare the conflict over, and make no further demands. Israel also wanted water resources in the West Bank to be shared by both sides and remain under Israeli management.
The above is such a joke that it is utterly and completely laughable ...

It is an offer to acquiesce to one's own subjugation and domination by a foreign and alien power.

It's not full self-determination and complete autonomy as a sovereign state ...

Only a complete and total putz would consider this as any sort of "fair and just" offer made in good faith ... from the very thieves that stole your homeland ...

And in contrast to Clinton's and Ross' own assessments, here's a few alternative views:

Robert Malley, present at the summit, noticed the strained relationship between Arafat and Barak and the core issues not discussed by the leaders prior to the summit. He stated that it was not the dream offer from a Palestinian perspective. Israel would retain sovereignty over some Arab neighborhoods in East Jerusalem and the Haram al Sharif, and the ideas about the refugees were vaguely described as satisfactory solution. Malley found that the Palestinians had made many concessions.

In reaction on the U.S. media, which often portrayed Barak's offer as being "generous," the Israeli group Gush Shalom stated that "the offer is a pretense of generosity for the benefit of the media", and included detailed maps of what the offer specifically entailed. Among Gush Shalom's concerns with Barak's offer were Barak's demand to annex large settlement blocs (9% of the West Bank) with no Israeli land given to a proposed Palestinian state in return, the lack of contiguity that the settlement blocs would cause for a Palestinian state, lack of trust in the commitment and/or ability of the Israeli government to evacuate the thousands of non-bloc Israeli settlers in the 15-year timeline, limited sovereignty for Palestinians in Jerusalem.

Clayton Swisher wrote a rebuttal to Clinton and Ross's accounts about the causes for the breakdown of the Camp David Summit in his 2004 book, The Truth About Camp David. Swisher, the Director of Programs at the Middle East Institute, concluded that the Israelis and the Americans were at least as guilty as the Palestinians for the collapse. M.J. Rosenberg praised the book: "Clayton Swisher's 'The Truth About Camp David,' based on interviews with [US negotiators] Martin Indyk, Dennis Ross and [Aaron] Miller himself provides a comprehensive and acute account – the best we're likely to see – on the [one-sided diplomacy] Miller describes."

Shlomo Ben-Ami, then Israel's Minister of Foreign Relations who participated in the talks, stated that the Palestinians wanted the immediate withdrawal of the Israelis from the West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem, and only subsequently the Palestinian authority would dismantle the Palestinian terror organizations. The Israeli response was "we can't accept the demand for a return to the borders of June 1967 as a pre-condition for the negotiation."

In 2006, Shlomo Ben-Ami stated on Democracy Now! that "Camp David was not the missed opportunity for the Palestinians, and if I were a Palestinian I would have rejected Camp David, as well. This is something I put in the book. But Taba is the problem. The Clinton parameters are the problem" referring to his 2001 book Scars of War, Wounds of Peace: The Israeli-Arab Tragedy.

Norman Finkelstein published an article in the winter 2007 issue of Journal of Palestine Studies, excerpting from his longer essay called Subordinating Palestinian Rights to Israeli "Needs". The abstract for the article states: "In particular, it examines the assumptions informing Ross’s account of what happened during the negotiations and why, and the distortions that spring from these assumptions. Judged from the perspective of Palestinians’ and Israelis’ respective rights under international law, all the concessions at Camp David came from the Palestinian side, none from the Israeli side."
2000 Camp David Summit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So as usual: total crapola ...

We have just more far right Ziobot™ wingnuttery, coming from a either a wacky Italian serial plagiarist who writes for a thoroughly bigoted two-bit rag published by a (supposedly former) Communist and very much current racist and religious bigot ... or from the disingenuous and utterly fallacious distortions of the actual historical record by the poster himself ... via the use of a snazzy "adjective-enhanced" phrase like "substantial concessions" ...

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
And in terms of the "peace process", if all the complicated moves and complex gyrations by Bibi have your head spinning just trying to decipher what is actually happening, below is a handy little guide to help you decode the "processing" of "peace" - with Palestinian action on the left and the corresponding Israeli reaction on the right:

guidetopeace.jpg

Read the comments (if you want to understand):

The Netanyahu Guide to Middle East Peace | Mondoweiss

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Are the Israelis and Bibi a real partner for peace, to the end of allowing the Palestinians their inalienable human right to self-determination and their own sovereign state ?

Here's some points from the the Likud Party Charter ... you tell me:

a. “The Jordan river will be the permanent eastern border of the State of Israel.”

b. “Jerusalem is the eternal, united capital of the State of Israel and only of Israel. The government will flatly reject Palestinian proposals to divide Jerusalem”

c. “The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan river.”

d. “The Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria and Gaza are the realization of Zionist values. Settlement of the land is a clear expression of the unassailable right of the Jewish people to the Land of Israel and constitutes an important asset in the defense of the vital interests of the State of Israel. The Likud will continue to strengthen and develop these communities and will prevent their uprooting.”

Netanyahu’s party platform ‘flatly rejects’ establishment of Palestinian state

(Under the 1947 UN Partition Plan, Jerusalem was to be an international city/territory - with full access for anyone - without respect to race, nationality, or religion)

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
FYI, an article that summarizes exactly the situation that has existed with the PLO and other terror organizations dedicated to the destruction of Israel.

Keep in mind, it was in 2000 that Yasser Arafat was offered substantial concessions by Israel in a "land for peace" deal brokered by Bill Clinton that would have established a Palestinian state - and turned it down.

Arafat should have taken the deal, but instead wanted a one state solution or rather a 'one state catastrophe' so they could drive out the Jews and have all the land for themselves. They tried it in 1948 and again in 1967 and lost some land as a result. That is what happens when you invade and try to annilate people and lose; you lose land.There could have been relative peace too,(if Arafat would have accepted deal) but instead we have back and forth violence that will never end.

How Did the Land of Israel Become "Palestine"?

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And once again, my point is, you believe "they" to be the same people in both cases. "They" are not.
I see what you're saying, but I don't subscribe to the notion that all Muslims willing to take to the streets (eg.the cartoon protesters) are fire-breathing jihadists and supporters of radical Islamic terrorism. Even truck drivers have been organized to drive into DC and clog up Pennsylvania Ave, and I doubt many of them are radical nut cases.

Remember, the Million Man March was called for by Minister Louis Farrakhan of the Nation of Islam. Why couldn't a coalition of some moderate Muslim leaders organize a similar effort?
The Million Man March was a gathering en masse of African-Americans in Washington, D.C. on October 16, 1995. Called by Louis Farrakhan, it was held on and around the National Mall in the city. The National African American Leadership Summit, a leading group of civil rights activists and the Nation of Islam working in conjunction with scores of civil rights organizations including many local chapters of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People(but not the national NAACP) formed the Million Man March Organizing Committee. The founder of the National African American Leadership Summit, Dr. Benjamin Chavis, Jr. served as National Director of the Million Man March.
The committee invited many prominent speakers to address the audience, and African American men from across the United States converged on Washington in an effort to “convey to the world a vastly different picture of the Black male”[SUP][1][/SUP]and to unite in self-help and self-defense against economic and social ills plaguing the African American community.

Million Man March - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems to me an effort like this supported by influential Muslim religious leaders would be very beneficial for Muslim communities all over the country, and at the same time serve notice to jihadists like the punks that carried out the Boston Marathon bombing that they will not find succor from moderate American Muslims.

Regarding the abortion clinic bombers, this hardly compares to the scale of Islamic terrorists' activities with which we're all familiar. These are not part of an organized religion's agenda, and only a few of these attacks have resulted in deaths. These nut cases are almost always caught, convicted and sent to jail.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Arafat should have taken the deal, but instead wanted a one state solution or rather a 'one state catastrophe' so they could drive out the Jews and have all the land for themselves.
Seems you are mistaken and don't actually know what you are taking about (wow ... that's a big surprise ... not ...):

Arafat spent much of his life fighting against Israel in the name of Palestinian self-determination. Originally opposed to Israel's existence, he modified his position in 1988 when he accepted UN Security Council Resolution 242.

They tried it in 1948 ...
More evidence that you don't actually know what you are talking about.

Hostilities started in earnest in 1947 (not 1948) after a foreign body (the United Nations) proposed a partition plan called for the theft of Palestinian land (at least 49% of the country) by giving the Jews 56% of the country, when, in fact, they only actually owned 7% of it, and only comprised 30% of the population.

Ain't necessarily a question of "wanting all the land" as much as it is a question of:

How much theft can you tolerate before you can no longer ignore it and you actually have to do something ?

You would do well to learn the actual facts of history if you really wanna play the game ... 'cause Ziobot™ hasbara ain't gonna get ya very far ...

As to "Israel's War of Independence" (more fallacy):

Israel’s “War of Independence” with the Arab States, like all Hasbara, fails the test of logic.

The Jewish State was offered a defined territory under UNGA res 181.

From the adoption of UNGA res 181 in Nov 1947, a state of civil war existed in Palestine.

Friday, 5 March 1948, the UNGA res 181 offer was accepted “as binding” by the Jewish Agency in a statement to the UNSC

At midnight May 14th 1948 (ME time), the LoN Mandate for Palestine expired.

On May 15th the Provisional Israeli Government proclaimed that at 00:01 the 15th May 1948 (ME time), Israel had effectively become anindependent republic within frontiers approved by the General Assembly of the United Nations in its Resolution of November 29, 1947?. The War of Independence ended the moment Israel became independent.

As of 00:01 May 15th 1948 (ME time), with Jewish/Israeli forces outside the frontiers approved by the General Assembly of the United Nations in its Resolution of November 29, 1947, the civil war became a war waged by the Independent State of Israel on what remained of Palestine. As such, the Arab Regional Powers had a right and duty, on notifying the UNSC (UN Charter Art 51), to attempt to expel foreign forces from Palestine.

The war was fought in territories “outside the State of Israel”. UNSC resolutions on the period call for “peace in Palestine”. None call for ‘peace in Israel’ and no UNSC resolutions condemn the Arab powers for invading Israel.

In 64 years, Israel has never withdrawn from or legally annexed any of the territory allotted for the Arab State.
But hey ... you just keep on mainlining that new and improved industrial-strength Ziocaine™ ... and we'll see just how far it actually gets you ...

and again in 1967 and lost some land as a result.
More total ignorance ... Israel actually started the war in '67 ... as covered in an article in Foreign Policy Mag:

It is often claimed that Israel’s attack on Egypt that began the June 1967 “Six Day War” was a “preemptive” one. Implicit in that description is the notion that Israel was under imminent threat of an attack from Egypt. Yet this historical interpretation of the war is not sustained by the documentary record.

The President of Egypt, then known as the United Arab Republic (UAR), Gamal Abdel Nasser, later conveyed to U.S. President Lyndon Johnson that his troop buildup in the Sinai Peninsula prior to the war had been to defend against a feared Israeli attack.

In a meeting with Nasser, Johnson’s special envoy to the UAR, Robert B. Anderson, expressed U.S. puzzlement over why he had massed troops in the Sinai, to which Nasser replied, “Whether you believe it or not, we were in fear of an attack from Israel. We had been informed that the Israelis were massing troops on the Syrian border with the idea of first attacking Syria, there they did not expect to meet great resistance, and then commence their attack on the UAR.” ...

Nasser added that “your own State Department called in my Ambassador to the U.S. in April or May and warned him that there were rumors that there might be a conflict between Israel and the UAR.” ...

Additionally, the CIA assessed that Nasser’s military presence in the Sinai was defensive, stating that “Armored striking forces could breach the UAR’s double defense line in the Sinai in three to four days and drive the Egyptians west of the Suez Canal in seven to nine days. ...

Neither U.S. nor Israeli intelligence assessed that there was any kind of serious threat of an Egyptian attack. On the contrary, both considered the possibility that Nasser might strike first as being extremely slim. ...

Four days before Israel’s attack on Egypt, Helms met with a senior Israeli official who expressed Israel’s intent to go to war, and that the only reason it hadn’t already struck was because of efforts by the Johnson administration to restrain both sides to prevent a violent conflict. ...

“Helms interpreted the remarks as suggesting that Israel would attack very soon”, writes Robarge. He reported to Johnson “that Israel probably would start a war within a few days.” ...

Furthermore, Israel's own leaders have readily admitted as much (that they started it) - Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, from a speech given circa 1982:

Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin acknowledged in a speech in 1982 that its war on Egypt in 1956 was a war of “choice” and that, “In June 1967 we again had a choice. The Egyptian army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him.”

Additionally:

The current Israeli Ambassador to the U.S., Michael B. Oren, acknowledged in his book “Six Days of War“, widely regarded as the definitive account of the war, that “By all reports Israel received from the Americans, and according to its own intelligence, Nasser had no interest in bloodshed

Finally:

Yitzhak Rabin, who would later become Prime Minister, told Le Monde the year following the ’67 war, “I do not think Nasser wanted war. The two divisions he sent to the Sinai would not have been sufficient to launch an offensive war. He knew it and we knew it.”
Israel's attack on Egypt in June '67 was not 'preemptive' - Foreign Policy Journal | Foreign Policy Journal

So you see Squirt, you are way, way out of your league here ... and opining on matters you really know not what of ...

There is however a potential upside for you: If you pay close attention, you may actually get a little bit of an education ... which, as evidenced by your statements, is something that you are in sore need of ...

That is what happens when you invade and try to annilate people and lose; you lose land.
ROTFLMAO ... you really didn't put much thought into that one did you ?

Are you familiar with the expression of "hoisted by his own petard" ?

How about the paradigm of a "double-edged sword" ?

Unilateral acquisition/annexation of territory through armed conflict is illegal under international law - and has been since 1933 ... which is why Israel will ultimately lose if they wind up in an international court of jurisdiction ...

A number of officials of the last nation that tried it on a wholesale basis wound up in a place called Nuremberg ... and having to answering questions about their bad behavior ...

Both of the above are what makes your statement utterly ironic because: ... the international laws in question - the UN Charter, International Law, Geneva Conventions - came about in large part and were adopted because of what happened to Jewish folk under the Nazis ...

Quite factually, it is Israel itself, which is in jeopardy based on the irrefutable historical record ...

There could have been relative peace too,(if Arafat would have accepted deal) but instead we have back and forth violence that will never end.
There can always be "peace" ... if a people are willing to give up their land, property, and inherent rights to an a foreign and alien power that is illegal occupying them ...

Any more "genius" you wanna share with us ?

LOL ... you wanna go with hasbara ?

The problem you are going to have (which you are probably thoroughly unaware of) is that hasbara to a large extent, depends in the audience's ignorance - in this case that "audience" would be you.

That is further complicated by a couple of factors: 1. you don't really know what it is that you don't know ... 2. you haven't yet figured out that hasbara often depends on presenting things in an ... ahem ... inaccurate (largely dishonest) manner by using selectivity, willful ignorance, and attempted perversion of the historical record ...

IOW, it is to large extent fallacious ... and for that reason is easily refuted by documented, historical facts.

Your first schooling and education in the above two points, should be the refutations to your false assertions above that I have provided.

Based on my past experience and observations of you personally, I don't expect that you will be a quick study or fast learner ... however I am perfectly willing to be surprised ...

As to the steaming pile of hasbara crap that you linked, feel free to present any particular premise out it you care to, and we'll deal with it specifically.

As to "How did the Land of Israel Become Palestine ?" ...

Well ... we'll go with this one assertion for starters:

What Does "Palestine" Mean?

It has never been the name of a nation or state. It is a geographical term, used to designate the region at those times in history when there is no nation or state there.
Oh really ?

Now that's a rather odd statement don't you think ... in light of the following:

"The contradiction between the letters of the Covenant [of the League of Nations] and the policy of the Allies is even more flagrant in the case of the 'independent nation' of Palestine than in that of the 'independent nation' of Syria.

For in Palestine we do not propose to even go through the form of consulting the wishes of the present inhabitants of the country though the American Commission is going through the form of asking what they are."

It is interesting to note he says "the 'independent nation' of Palestine", which indicates the intention of the Balfour declaration was not to have a separate Jewish 'state', but a homeland for Jewish folk IN Palestine, the peoples to be Palestinian citizens, under Palestinian Law. Where of course, under those circumstances, as citizens of Palestine, Jewish folk would have had the right to live anywhere in Palestine.
Historical facts Skippy ... they ain't on your side.

And of course there's this, from the League of Nations Mandate For Palestine, circa 1922:

Whereas recognition has thereby been given to the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country

Article 2: The Mandatory shall be responsible for placing the country under such political, administrative and economic conditions as will secure the establishment of the Jewish national home, as laid down in the preamble, and the development of self-governing institutions, and also for safeguarding the civil and religious rights of all the inhabitants of Palestine, irrespective of race and religion.

Article 4: An appropriate Jewish agency shall be recognised as a public body for the purpose of advising and co-operating with the Administration of Palestine in such economic, social and other matters as may affect the establishment of the Jewish national home and the interests of the Jewish population in Palestine, and, subject always to the control of the Administration, to assist and take part in the development of the country.

Article 7: The Administration of Palestine shall be responsible for enacting a nationality law. There shall be included in this law provisions framed so as to facilitate the acquisition of Palestinian citizenship by Jews who take up their permanent residence in Palestine.

Here's some more for ya to chew on - the British White Paper circa 1922:

"It is also necessary to point out that the Zionist Commission in Palestine, now termed the Palestine Zionist Executive, has not desired to possess, and does not possess, any share in the general administration of the country. Nor does the special position assigned to the Zionist Organization in Article IV of the Draft Mandate for Palestine imply any such functions. That special position relates to the measures to be taken in Palestine affecting the Jewish population, and contemplates that the organization may assist in the general development of the country, but does not entitle it to share in any degree in its government.

Further, it is contemplated that the status of all citizens of Palestine in the eyes of the law shall be Palestinian, and it has never been intended that they, or any section of them, should possess any other juridical status. So far as the Jewish population of Palestine are concerned it appears that some among them are apprehensive that His Majesty’s Government may depart from the policy embodied in the Declaration of 1917. It is necessary, therefore, once more to affirm that these fears are unfounded, and that that Declaration, re affirmed by the Conference of the Principle Allied Powers at San Remo and again in the Treaty of Sevres, is not susceptible of change."

British White Paper from 1939:

His Majesty’s Government are unable at present to foresee the exact constitutional forms which government in Palestine will eventually take, but their objective is self government, and they desire to see established ultimately an independent Palestine State. It should be a State in which the two peoples in Palestine, Arabs and Jews, share authority in government in such a way that the essential interests of each are shared.
Historical fact ... really sucks don't it ? ...

Israel Vs Palestine “There Was Never A State Called Palestine” It’s Just More Stupid Israeli Propaganda

How many times have you heard “Was there ever a state called Palestine?”? Or “there were never a Palestinian people”?

Think about it. Prior to Israel being declared a state, there was never a State of Israel either. There was once a kingdom. However, for a far longer period of Jewish history in the region, from the Roman era until May 15th 1948, Jews lived there as Palestinians.

Like the holey olde Hasbara mantra “we made the deserts bloom” and what has been carefully cherry picked from Mark Twain, whether there was or was not a Palestinian State or people, is completely irrelevant to the legal extent of Israel’s Internationally recognized sovereignty and Israel’s obligations under the UN Charter, Chapt XI.

Like all the Hasbara attempts to justify the usurping of the Palestinians from their rightful territory, these mantras are simply ******** (rlent added clarification: male bovine feces)
From The Arabic and Middle Eastern Electronic Library at Yale:

By all means please feel free to continue tilting at windmills ... the more instructional aids you want to provide me with the better ... of course, it will ultimately be at your expense ...

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Speaking about cherry picking, you conveniently omitted Nasser's blockade,which is part of a pinser manuever, leading up to the war of 1967. Sneaky omission and a pipsqueak move. If you are going to quote Nasser, why don't you mention all the other 'pearls of wisdom' from him about Israel?

Six Day War - crucial quotes

Arab Threats Against Israel

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Speaking about cherry picking, you conveniently omitted Nasser's blockade, which is part of a pinser maneuver, leading up to the war of 1967.
It's largely irrelevant in terms of a legitimate casus belli for Israel to initiate the hostilities that they did - Israel had a diplomatic and legal option but chose not to exercise it - something not entirely surprising, given their inclination to willfully defy, and operate outside of, customary international law, a fact which affirms the rogue, outlaw nation that they are.

The Straits of Tiran were regarded by the Western Powers and Israel as an international waterway but its legal status was the subject of international controversy. The Arabs believed that they had the right to regulate passage of ships while Israel, with the support of other major world powers, countered that the Arab claims were legally not supportable.
So ... did Israel or anyone else pursue the matter in an international legal venue ?

Clearly they did not ... and in fact, the Israelis not only didn't pursue it - they outright rejected doing so.

In 1967 Israel reiterated declarations made in 1957 that any closure of the Straits would be considered an act of war, or a justification for war. On May 22, Nasser declared the Straits closed to Israeli shipping. Nasser stated he was open to referring the closure to the International Court of Justice to determine its legality, but this option was rejected by Israel.
Hmmm ... so Israel believes the Arab claims are not legally supportable ... but they reject taking the matter to the appropriate international legal venue to settle the dispute ...

Sounds to me like an instance of the petulant whining child of the Middle East, using any justification they can find (even if fallacious) to throw yet another one of its ill-mannered temper tantrums ...

Further, the history of Israeli shipping traffic through the Straits of Tiran for the two years prior to the blockade was essentially non-existent - which illustrates that it wasn't necessarily a matter of critical present importance or really a immediate existential threat - it wasn't like it was the only port they had:

Access to Jordan's only seaport of Aqaba and to Israel's only Red Sea seaport of Eilat is contingent upon passage through the Gulf of Aqaba, giving the Straits of Tiran strategic importance. Egypt's blockade of the Straits to Israeli ships and ships bound for Israel in 1956 and again in 1967 was a catalyst, respectively, to the Suez Crisis and the Six-Day War.

Despite this, according to Major General Indar Jit Rikhye, military adviser to the United Nations Secretary General, the accusation of a blockade was "questionable," pointing out that an Israeli-flagged ship had not passed through the straits in two years, and that "The U.A.R. [Egyptian] navy had searched a couple of ships after the establishment of the blockade and thereafter relaxed its implementation."
Wowee Zoweee ... it could be that Israel used the logical fallacy of a red herring to attempt to justify it's actions to go to war, rather than avail itself of legal recourse that was clearly available.

Some might say, given the above, that even raising the issue as it has been raised in the context of our conversation, would be possible evidence of an attempt to divert the conversation of the original matter being discussed - which was: who exactly attacked who ? - into irrelevancies that are neither here nor there ...

Sneaky omission and a pipsqueak move.
LOL ...

Dude ... I'm not the one (out of the two of us) that has as his avatar a not-to-bright, incompetent mongrel pooch who is the epitome of deviousness and can't speak an intelligible word ...

(Evidence of what one aspires to be perhaps ?)

I'm also not the one that has to resort to logical fallacies and irrelevancies to try to prevail in an debate where I'm still stinging from having my previous misrepresentations and fallacies slapped down and refuted ... as though I was gnat that had just caught the tail of a bull, while trying figure out what spot on the stern looked particularly appealing for my next dining experience ...

But hey, by all means: ... squeak on bro' ...

If you are going to quote Nasser, why don't you mention all the other 'pearls of wisdom' from him about Israel?
Because, unlike some other folks - who lack self-discipline and apparently are incapable of controlling themselves to stay on topic - I have no interest in diverting the conversation off into stuff that isn't really germane, and ultimately doesn't matter, to the actual issue under discussion.

Which was, just in case it has slipped from anyone's mind, the matter of who actually initiated the conflict.

You had previous asserted that it essentially it wasn't Israel.

That is a notion that stands in direct conflict with documented historical fact.

BTW: Thank you for yet another opportunity to illustrate with the historical record how Israel is a rogue, criminal nation which is disinclined to avail itself of normal diplomatic and legal mechanisms to resolve it's conflicts.

It's really great that they have folks such as yourself that are "helping them" ... keep up your good work !

Next time however you might want to exercise a little more care and discretion in terms of selecting an issue ... to avoid picking one that isn't going to blow up in your face ... again ... for what will be the third time in a row ... ;)

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That's easy enough to find in the "search" feature.
I'm fairly unambiguous about my distaste for blind (so-called) patriotism, mindless militarism and the vast quantities of violence, bloodshed and murder that generally go along with both ...

Unlike some, I see no need to candy-coat the reality in order to feel good - or bad - about my own actions, the actions of others, or the actions of my country.

BTW: Lots of things are very easy to find with the search feature ... one could, for example, take say a single word like "Muslim" or "sharia" or "terrorist" or "invaders" and a EI member's screen name and use the Advanced Search feature on this forum to acquire a complete listing of posts where that member had used such words ... doing so might be rather instructive ... in fact, I'm quite sure it would ...

The occasional use of such words - and the accompanying sentiments expressed with them - over a long period of time (years) might largely go un-noticed or forgotten ... or at least not be considered in their totality, as a whole, due to the vagaries of individual memory and recall ... and the ongoing intrusion of the ever-continuing present into our consciousness ...

But when one has them all there at one finger tips so to speak, and considers them in a short course of time (hours or minutes), certain statements - which are usually a small part of the whole post - tend to stick out and reveal something ... not necessarily explicitly stated so much - but implicit in the general tone and they way things are said (wink, wink ... nudge, nudge)

Taking these individual snippets as a whole, one might be able to distill a general sense of the individual's attitude and outlook when it comes to a particular religion and the adherents thereof.

I'm not talking about violent extremists per se ... just the average run-of-the-mill adherents ...

Furthermore, it might also become clearly evident that there doesn't appear to be any testimony, relating actual one-on-one encounters and relations with said adherents ... which may well mean the individual is not actually relying on his own personal experiences.

But there might be a lot of crapola cited from whack-a-noodle websites which are known to be racist and religiously bigoted ... and have clear agendas which align with their aforementioned motivations and biases ...

Most folks probably don't need to engage in such exercises though ... the stench of racism and religious bigotry is usually fairly easy to detect.

The Chef's "control" only consisted of articles copied and pasted without his editorial comment most of the time.
Yeah, but when he did post editorially he occasionally managed to let slip some things that could arguably called something bordering on absolute deranged psychopathy ...

Like in the thread linked below - which ultimately had to be locked and shutdown - where he expressed a desire for genocide ... based strictly on a person's faith:

I am just waiting out the time that the muslums take ti our streets and then they can be eliminated, all of them, completely.

You can befriend any muslum you want, me I'd rather see them all dead, a genocide of sorts. ... Eliminate them ...
http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/soapbox/32507-what-islam-isnt.html

He's gone now - guess he wasn't offensive enough to be interesting.
Oh ... I'd say he was plenty offensive ...

As to whether he was interesting, well ... I guess that really depends on your tastes ...

But given the above, I don't find it all hard to understand why certain people might be pining for him ...

Birds of a feather and all that ...