Express-1 info please

zippydo

Seasoned Expediter
Hello I am looking for some info on Express-1 and their reefer division with straight trucks. If anyone can please let me know in my private message box thanks!

zippydo

Seasoned Expediter
Wow ok guess no recruiter's are actually on here? I even sent a request to the website too and no response from anyone. Not good when a company is looking for drivers.

fortwayne

Not a Member
I don't drive for them, never have. However, recruiters don't just hang out here. Not to say you haven't, but, if you want answers make a phone call. They have plenty going on in recruiting it may in some cases take a few days for them to respond to post or emails.....just saying.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't drive for them, never have. However, recruiters don't just hang out here. Not to say you haven't, but, if you want answers make a phone call. They have plenty going on in recruiting it may in some cases take a few days for them to respond to post or emails.....just saying.

There is no one in business that is too busy to answer an email within 24 hrs. That should apply even more to a recruiter (I'm talking about initial contact, not a back and forth exchange).

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
There is no one in business that is too busy to answer an email within 24 hrs. That should apply even more to a recruiter (I'm talking about initial contact, not a back and forth exchange).

Your so correct. Its sucks, because I want to talk to everyone, but being recruiter, is awesome, then putting out fires in dispatch,billing,operations,drivers,trucks,safety is the other things that happen when I do try to return calls. Sometimes it's easier to go back and forth. As the owner I got what I wanted, to be "hands on"! Not I cant get my hands off!. I have been thru 3 or 4 recruiters in the past 2 years and I'm just not enough people.

I just don't feel anyone can do it the way i would want it done, but losing focus is not the positive message we are trying to send:(

Know any recruiters looking for a great position with a great company? Send them my way!! PLEASE:D

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wish I could John, but there's that little border between our countries that gets in the way.

fortwayne

Not a Member

Then again, what prevents the job seeker to take the first step by making a direct phone call.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Then again, what prevents the job seeker to take the first step by making a direct phone call.

Not a thing. I should have included returning any voice mails in my original post if unable to get through directly.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
zippy you posted thursday at 1825. you gave recruiting one biz day to respond to your very important request and now you are back here on sunday saying they don't respond. get a clue fella.

having been in the recruiters office a few times i can vouch they are on the phone quite a bit. i am sure every carrier has lost calls to return.

try this email [email protected]
or
dwayne ridgeway at the same address.

the ph number is 800-800-5161...option 4.

it is obvious everyone else who responded did not check your post dates and times.

zippydo

Seasoned Expediter
Ok first off please do not assume I am a fella. Thank you. And this is not my first time posting on this forum. I have had to start a new screen name as I can never seem to get logged on with my old one of bernieh48. I am Bernie. Have been on here for a while and also been doing expedited for 15 years now. I know how the recruiting circle goes. I have left several messages on the phone as well before I even posted my first one on here. And still no response from anyone. This does not look good for a company. Just sayn. :)

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Last week at the EO workshop they had a large amount of recruiters on hand. Most of those people are doing many other things besides waiting on Phone calls. I'm sure they do at the end of the day.

Recruiter . " Lets see I have a busy day. I have to drive 250 miles to talk to a fleet owner about contracting him and his 10 trucks. Should be a good visit. Then again I should sit at my desk and wait to answer questions, "Hey man how much you pay".:D:D

It's Monday a little humor. Lighten the load.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
No need to complicate the simple. Most are wanting to know the costs/deductions and what their rates are. Probably more specifically rates pertaining to their start up reefer division.
They would likely be better served to post those items thus eliminating calls where parties might or might not be interested.
A second thought would be to address those items on their own website which as of today hasn't been done.
Again, just a simple thought if they don't have the capacity to return numerous calls.

zippydo

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you Dave. Those were my thoughts exactly. I have looked at their website and there is nothing on the reefer per mile rate which is what I am wondering about. Also filled out their application thing on their website too as well as calling and getting no response till today. I have the nec. contact info today thankfully. But yes it would eliminate some of the calls if some things were in their advertising.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If someone finds that information out, they might as a favor/service to other members and list the information that some are seeking.

X_1_Way

Expert Expediter
Hello EO Forum members and fellow expediters!

Thank you all for your interest in Express-1, I am very happy to see you are all interested in our start-up rates on TVal and reefer. The rates are great and the entire Express-1 Team is very excited to bring these services to our customers and contractors!

We continue to do business in our office by phone and email and LIVE in person but not on the public forums so if you would like some information feel free to IM me your phone number or email and I will have one of our recruiters contact you right away.

You can also reach me Dwayne Ridgway direct at 877-459-0627 from 9am to 6pm Eastern time. We have recruiters waiting to speak with you from 7:30am to 6:00pm @ 866-857-4546.

I regret to inform you that we do not visit the forums regularly so it is a little presumptuous for anyone to assume we are ignoring any requests for information made here.

Yes, we are busy building and maintaining the best fleet in expedited transportation but we want to talk with everyone whether they are sincerely interested in joining our publicly traded company (XPO) or just fishing for leverage against their current carrier. The personal care and time we show each and every caller (driver and truck owner) is what separates us from our competition. This is a people business and we are taking that personal touch to the highest level to ensure we answer all of your questions and a few you didn't think of to secure your success.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we have caused anyone waiting for a response from our experienced and knowledgeable staff. We certainly appreciate your patience and look forward to discussing our tremendous opportunities with all of you!

Warm regards,
Dwayne E Ridgway
Express-1 Expedited Solutions, Inc
[email protected]
877-459-0627 Toll Free
269-695-4964 Local
269-697-0418 Fax
Expedited Trucking - ground and air freight shipping from Express-1

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
I dont think you could ask for more. That was 1st class of him to respond to your posting. Good Luck to you .