Expeditor Insurance

Would you buy trucking insurance from a mobile phone?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kodyfitz93

New Recruit
My goal is to make it easier for expeditors to buy insurance. I am an insurance agent and this question below will help us better help expeditors buy insurance.

guido4475

Not a Member
I feel confident and content with the insurance that I have through my carrier. The prices and coverage are hard to beat. But if I had to buy it on my own, outside of my carrier, it would be through Shelly at CIS insurance hands down. I have heard nothing but good about her, as she was great and helpful to speak with on the phone.

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
I feel confident and content with the insurance that I have through my carrier. The prices and coverage are hard to beat. But if I had to buy it on my own, outside of my carrier, it would be through Shelly at CIS insurance hands down. I have heard nothing but good about her, as she was great and helpful to speak with on the phone.
I had CIS for a year. They were alright. Not bad priced. When it came to renewal time, raised my rate $130 more a month for no reason.

Clean record, no accidents, insured since I was 17, good credit, etc.

Asked them why and they just responded "that's how it works".

Fortunately I was in the process of switching to a carrier where I could use their insurance. Not sure if I would go back to CIS.

Reactions: scottm4211

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had CIS for a year. They were alright. Not bad priced. When it came to renewal time, raised my rate $130 more a month for no reason.

Clean record, no accidents, insured since I was 17, good credit, etc.

Asked them why and they just responded "that's how it works".

Fortunately I was in the process of switching to a carrier where I could use their insurance. Not sure if I would go back to CIS.

I've been with CIS going on 7 yrs. Top notch!! They're great.

I would imagine it was the insurance company that raised their rates & not the agent (CIS). It happens, seems unfair ... but that's insurance for ya.

As for making my life easier, no I'm not buying my insurance with my cell phone. I like my life somewhat complicated and my ass covered ..

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
It is not CISs fault. It is progressive that raised the rate. That happened to me also. I had CIS the first year I went to Load One. I used to pay it all at once for the whole year and got a good discount. Then renewal time came about and my rate increased. CIS tried to get me insurance through one of the other companies that they use but it was even more expensive than progressive. I ended up getting my insurance through Load One, because it was cheaper and I pay it weekly instead of yearly. I wouldn't mind going back through CIS if progressive lowered their rates again.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

guido4475

Not a Member
It is not CISs fault. It is progressive that raised the rate. That happened to me also. I had CIS the first year I went to Load One. I used to pay it all at once for the whole year and got a good discount. Then renewal time came about and my rate increased. CIS tried to get me insurance through one of the other companies that they use but it was even more expensive than progressive. I ended up getting my insurance through Load One, because it was cheaper and I pay it weekly instead of yearly. I wouldn't mind going back through CIS if progressive lowered their rates again.

I tried to go with Shelly at CIS while at Load One, but CIS told me that they couldn't come close to the rates that Load One gets, so here I am..its a pretty good deal, actually. I needed them once as my van got run over while parked in the car parking lot at the Knoxville Petro by a truck driver who couldn't read, and used the car parking lot to try and turn his whole semi around in, running over the front of my van and the generator in the meantime. Load Ones insurance did an incredible job taking care of everything beyond expectations. And that Honda generator still running to this day. I got lucky. The semi driver, incidentally, drove off. Typical piece of garbage.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I tried to go with Shelly at CIS while at Load One, but CIS told me that they couldn't come close to the rates that Load One gets, so here I am..its a pretty good deal, actually. I needed them once as my van got run over while parked in the car parking lot at the Knoxville Petro by a truck driver who couldn't read, and used the car parking lot to try and turn his whole semi around in, running over the front of my van and the generator in the meantime. Load Ones insurance did an incredible job taking care of everything beyond expectations. And that Honda generator still running to this day. I got lucky. The semi driver, incidentally, drove off. Typical piece of garbage.

I remember reading about that incident. Don't remember if you were in the van at the time or not.

guido4475

Not a Member
I remember reading about that incident. Don't remember if you were in the van at the time or not.

Yes, I was. Just fell asleep. On the way to the Petro that night after unloading I was admiring how well the van runs, goes down the road arrow straight. Was waken up to the van being drug to the right about 6ft or so by a semi trailer. You've never seen a fat man in green underwear jump out of a van go running, yelling, after a semi in front of the Petro restaurant at 3am. He kept going. Luckily I was able to drive it back home. The insurance guy came out to the house the next day and was great. The whole process was surprisingly quick. The check was larger than I was expecting. Took about a week and a half to round up parts, remove and replace, and paint, alignment, etc.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We dont care if CIS/Progressive is more expensive. We would never go anywhere else. We have had them for years covering the fleet and the personal touch is what is important to us. Last claim we had i just wanted to talk to them so i called and left a message to get a text reply from John that they were on a vacation and as soon as he had cell service he would call me. 5 or 6 hours later the phone rang and it was John taking care of business. Thats why we are CIS customers for life. Its not about the cost, its about the agent and if they will come to the table when YOU need them !!!