Expediting YouTubers ? What’s your Opinion?

DST001

Expert Expediter
Hello Everyone I haven’t been on here for a long time just wanted everyone’s opinion on the Expediting YouTubers I have a channel Called Expedite Travels. Do you feel the YouTube videos are helpful or not helpful? Just a question

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you have a Helpful or interesting Topic then the You-tube Videos are OK.
Too much of what i have seen on Expediting YouTube is all about that Person himself, his history, his story and not on topics that would assist a Newbie or even a Veteran Expediter . In short don't talk about yourself for 9 minutes of a 10 minute video...

Common Sense doesn't come with Directions

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you have a Helpful or interesting Topic then the You-tube Videos are OK.
Too much of what i have seen on Expediting YouTube is all about that Person himself, his history, his story and not on topics that would assist a Newbie or even a Veteran Expediter . In short don't talk about yourself for 9 minutes of a 10 minute video...

Common Sense doesn't come with Directions

Agreed. Especially, if a person is using the videos just to generate income (something I didn't know was even possible till last year, when a youtuber explained and showed me how much money he makes from it).

Silly me, I thought people just posted videos to be informative and helpful :rolleyes:

DST001

Expert Expediter
Being 100% honest in the 3 years of YouTube I’ve made $1,300 or so. I’m really raking in the dough and I’m not doing the videos to get rich or famous it’s more to help people out and to look back on later in life or my wife and daughter can look at when I’m out on the road or 6 feet under

JerzyVan79

New Recruit
Driver
Prior to getting my feet wet in this business, I watched many YouTube expediters videos and YOURS as well. I learned almost all the basics and was on the road and never looked back! I am a successful driver now and, not sure if it is the fleet owner or my work ethic that has me doing great but, I always seem to hear complaints-a-plenty about how bad this business is, and that they are starving out here and yet, I have the largest amount of disposable income that I have ever had in years!! I owe a LOT to YouTube channels like Expedite Travels, Everything Apex etc. that gave me the inside tips, the pros and cons and the answers to most of my most basic questions, before I finally put my 4 week notice in at my management position and blindly started Van Expediting! I have my lovely wife riding along with me and we now get paid to travel the states, and we do very well financially while doing it. I make TWICE the income that we used to make (together) COMBINED!!! This is a 100% FACT and not exaggeration. As far as our situation goes we are very happy in this biz, but I can't say this job is for everyone and obviously you can do better or worse then us out here, but watching YouTube videos about this business first is a great tool out there for anyone interested (in my opinion) and it's the videos like yours that are truly not appreciated as much as they should, since I am sure you guys do NOT make much money for doing/making them? if you even make any $$ at all?? I personally wish to thank you and the other channel/video creators out there who help out new folks like myself that may be interested in Expediting :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Expedite Travels

JerzyVan79

New Recruit
Driver
Agreed. Especially, if a person is using the videos just to generate income (something I didn't know was even possible till last year, when a youtuber explained and showed me how much money he makes from it).

Silly me, I thought people just posted videos to be informative and helpful :rolleyes:

I believe that most, if not ALL the Expedite video Youtubers truly do it from their heart, and also from their love and/or enjoyment of this business! Everything Apex, Expedite Travels, Grant Expedites, etc all seem to like what they do, and have all shared as much knowledge, pros & con$, and tips as they possibly could in their videos and personally were a BIG reason I first got into the business.

I am appreciative for their knowledge and for them sharing their experiences! I might still be stuck in a greasy building all day, trying in vain to get lazy High School kids to do any work at all while as a manager of a fast food franchise, rather then being on the road with my wife and our dog as we travel the U.S. and experience something new and someplace new daily! The money is actually very good as far as my situation is concerned and I work for a good, small and respected company that has managed to always keep me rolling!! I wish to say THANK YOU to ALL the Expedite youtubers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Ethan Scott

Not a Member
Industry Supplier
I have seen many truckers who have started opting for Youtube as a passive income option. I think this is a great way to try sharing content, experience and knowledge across people and at the same time earn money.

Reactions: Expedite Travels

Expedite Travels

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Prior to getting my feet wet in this business, I watched many YouTube expediters videos and YOURS as well. I learned almost all the basics and was on the road and never looked back! I am a successful driver now and, not sure if it is the fleet owner or my work ethic that has me doing great but, I always seem to hear complaints-a-plenty about how bad this business is, and that they are starving out here and yet, I have the largest amount of disposable income that I have ever had in years!! I owe a LOT to YouTube channels like Expedite Travels, Everything Apex etc. that gave me the inside tips, the pros and cons and the answers to most of my most basic questions, before I finally put my 4 week notice in at my management position and blindly started Van Expediting! I have my lovely wife riding along with me and we now get paid to travel the states, and we do very well financially while doing it. I make TWICE the income that we used to make (together) COMBINED!!! This is a 100% FACT and not exaggeration. As far as our situation goes we are very happy in this biz, but I can't say this job is for everyone and obviously you can do better or worse then us out here, but watching YouTube videos about this business first is a great tool out there for anyone interested (in my opinion) and it's the videos like yours that are truly not appreciated as much as they should, since I am sure you guys do NOT make much money for doing/making them? if you even make any $$ at all?? I personally wish to thank you and the other channel/video creators out there who help out new folks like myself that may be interested in Expediting :)

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I wonder if I can make money on YouTube posting my many travels from the couch. Sometimes I travel to the bedroom to sleep. You can see hundreds of empty medication bottles and all of my medical gadgets lol. How to be on 10 medications and still stay conscious lol. Yeah, a lot of people make good money on YouTube. Some even make a couple hundred thousand dollars a year. You have to be funny and entertaining though. You make money by how many viewers you have. The more viewers you have, the more people watch the commercials that run before your video plays, the more revenue you generate. It's not a bad deal. Some of you guys on here are really funny when you clown on one another. Maybe you can all get together and make a show like the view, but for expediters lol! Clown on the business and one another.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I love expedite YouTubers.

At first I was just looking for information, but after a while you find people talking about stuff you understand, lol.

I actually found this forum because of The Crafty Truckers.

Love it all, even if I find the subject boring.

Reactions: ntimevan