Expediter Services

Stxredneck

Active Expediter
Driver
New to the forum

Anybody ever work for Expediter Services?

I am thinking about team driving for this company.

They offer average of $750 week per driver per week

Out 3 weeks home 1 week.

Making $750 a week and being home 1 week a month sounds almost to good to be true, I may have to go back and read the job description lol

Last edited:

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Have you done a forum search? Try using "expediter services" (quotes included) as a search criteria.

eb

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
My wife and I have been team driving one of their trucks since August. Very nice folks to work with. We are leased on with FedEx Custom Critical.

Just don't forget, when you are taking that week off at home, you aren't making any money.

We have only been home twice since August 14th. Took a week off in September, and another in October. We also spent a week in November in Carlisle, PA. having the clutch replaced. Sat over Labor Day and Thanksgiving weekends in truck stops. We won't go home till right before Christmas.

They take $38.08 out of each of our checks each week for occupational accident insurance. Other than that, they pay for everything truck related: fuel, maintenance, repairs, tolls.

Our best week, we took home almost $1120 each. Our worst week, about $52. This last week, $1026. We average about $500 each. (That includes our weeks off and holiday weekends) Course we have to pay taxes on that eventually :D. And our average per week is slowly inching upward as we become more familiar with expediting.

I wouldn't say $750 a week isn't possible, and we hope to be there someday once we have a little more experience under our belts.

Last edited:

Stxredneck

Active Expediter
Driver
My wife and I have been team driving one of their trucks since August. Very nice folks to work with. We are leased on with FedEx Custom Critical.

Just don't forget, when you are taking that week off at home, you aren't making any money.

We have only been home twice since August 14th. Took a week off in September, and another in October. We also spent a week in November in Carlisle, PA. having the clutch replaced. Sat over Labor Day and Thanksgiving weekends in truck stops. We won't go home till right before Christmas.

They take $38.08 out of each of our checks each week for occupational accident insurance. Other than that, they pay for everything truck related: fuel, maintenance, repairs, tolls.

Our best week, we took home almost $1120 each. Our worst week, about $52. This last week, $1026. We average about $500 each. (That includes our weeks off and holiday weekends) Course we have to pay taxes on that eventually :D. And our average per week is slowly inching upward as we become more familiar with expediting.

I wouldn't say $750 a week isn't possible, and we hope to be there someday once we have a little more experience under our belts.

Being from the Rio Grande Valley of Texas (basically Mexico) I doubt getting home every 3 weeks will be realistic. Thanks for your input.

As for the other responses I will now do a forum search, thanks for your time.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
True, you will probably have to stay out longer. IF getting home is a priority, I would look at one of the carriers who do a lot of automotive freight. Getting to south TX is not too bad of a problem. Getting a load out is really tough these days.

Expediter Services has a good rep with their drivers.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
New to the forum

Anybody ever work for Expediter Services?

I am thinking about team driving for this company.

They offer average of $750 week per driver per week

Out 3 weeks home 1 week.

Making $750 a week and being home 1 week a month sounds almost to good to be true, I may have to go back and read the job description lol

Good company very nice people. They could do better with the up keep of their trucks. I have heard they have gone to a 35/65 split with their drivers with the driver getting 35 instead of the usual 40. That combined with the like vehicle upkeep would have me taking a closer look at availabe trucks. Great people though. Couldn't ask for nicer and they pay on time, no worries there. If you a team 750. Is only 325. If you are a solo well just remember if something sounds too good it probably is.

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Good company very nice people. They could do better with the up keep of their trucks. I have heard they have gone to a 35/65 split with their drivers with the driver getting 35 instead of the usual 40. That combined with the like vehicle upkeep would have me taking a closer look at availabe trucks. Great people though. Couldn't ask for nicer and they pay on time, no worries there. If you a team 750. Is only 325. If you are a solo well just remember if something sounds too good it probably is.

I understand why they only pay 35% to a team. The cost of new trucks along with paying everything Expediters Services is in the business to make money too. They need to get a return on their investment. Drivers have demanded so much for so long and truck owners are one breakdown from going out of business. Expediters Services is not in this business to just to give people jobs. They are also in the business to make money too.The 60/40 split was put in place when trucks didn't get any FSC.

Owners paid 50% to the truck before fuel went up. Now that that a FSC has been put in place it should go back to 50% plus 100% of the FSC. I have seen many people lose their trucks because they gave up to much of the pie to drivers.

Stxredneck

Active Expediter
Driver
I talked to them over the phone on Friday. I was told 40% to the drivers, 20% each driver. My problem is I don't have anyone to partner with to team drive with. I would much rather drive solo. If anyone is looking for a driver for a sprinter or van I am interested. I have a Class A license my problem is I live in S Texas.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Yeah ok david spoken like a truck owner! You just keep telling drivers that. If you can get them to buy it more power to you! ROFLMAO

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I talked to them over the phone on Friday. I was told 40% to the drivers, 20% each driver. My problem is I don't have anyone to partner with to team drive with. I would much rather drive solo. If anyone is looking for a driver for a sprinter or van I am interested. I have a Class A license my problem is I live in S Texas.

Great I am really happy to hear they are still the great and honest company they have always been. That is one thing I always loved about es. Honesty and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They were always a company drivers could depend on. I have given their number and recommended them to a lot of drivers over the years we have been out here. I would only do that for a company I believed in. Kind of hurt my feelings when I heard they went to 35/65. :cool:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
You have to be careful about comparing the past to the present.
When it comes to current expenses and revenue, there is no past. There is only the present. It does not matter how things used to be. Revenue is generated today. Expenses are incurred and paid today.

I hate talking like this because Diane and I have only been in the business eight years. We are not long term veterans that go back to the Roberts days. But when we started, fuel was $1.25 a gallon and shop labor rates were around $75 an hour. Today fuel is around $3.75 and shop labor around $100. Truck prices have skyrocketed too, as have tire prices and more. In general, pay per mile has not kept pace.

Yesterday's numbers are meaningless today. Financially, the only thing meaningful about what happened yesterday is the amount of profits you made then, managed well, and still have in the bank (or invested) today.

The same applies today. Today's numbers will be meaningless tomorrow. What matters today is producing profits now, managing them well and carrying them with you into the future to build net worth.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would say Phil is correct as things are a changing. One likely sees some movement in percentages with a larger fleet owner because their overhead is higher and climbing. Especially when you start adding non driving positions, that revenue must come from somewhere.
Truck pricing and some maintenance can be off set by buying in volume and setting up deals ahead of time for service. But, those prices as Phil mentioned, are still climbing.