Expedite Solutions

Dleprechaun

Seasoned Expediter
The wife and I are ready to take our first step into the world of expediting. I have experience driving straight trucks, but neither of us have our Cdl license.
From what I have seen so far, Expedite Solutions are the only company who offer training to beginners. Has anyone here broke into the business with them, or know anything about them?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You can type the name of the company into the search function and you will be provided with posts that deal with that prospective company.

As for obtaining a cdl, it is reasonably cheap for getting a cdl.
You can take the written test in your state and then rent a truck to practice in if you need it. Then go to the EO classifieds and find a fleet owner that will let you use their truck for your test. After that, you are off to the races.
No need to pay for a school if you don't need to. Plus you will be license in the state you reside should you decide to change owners or companies.
Hope that gives you some insight.

Dleprechaun

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for the advice Dave. Not having a truck to use for the road test, we were prepared to have to go to school. I like your idea much better.

groinster

Seasoned Expediter
If you want my experience with ES, then pm me. I think anyone is better off, getting their license on their own. It is way cheaper, and besides, you have to give ES a year of your life. If you get the licenses on your own, you can have the choice of who you want to work for. I figure that our (my wife and I) licenses cost us anywhere between 5 and 10 grand. pm me and i will explain how.

greywolf184

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
DO NOT go to ES. You will be sorry. If you want more info.about this company check out ripoffreport.com or you can pm me.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My wife and I got our own licences and signed on with an owner. We were lucky to find an honest one who helped us learn this business and put up with our rookie mistakes. We remain friends with them even though we now own our own truck. We still get advice from them and even pass on things that we learn. There are plenty of owners looking for drivers. Finding a honest one is the trick. Layoutshooter

mypie

Seasoned Expediter
I think DavdKC is right. That, as a matter of fact, is exactly what my husband and I are doing. No ES please.

The most challenging thing that we have come across in the process is . . . that catch 22. :confused: Once you have passed your written exam with the State, you are permitted to drive w/air brakes. But, in order to rent a Class B truck w/air brakes you need a CDL (not permit), the State also requires you to practice driving with a licensed CDL driver. We are lucky, my husband's brother has a CDL, but also has a 9-5 w/UPS. This meant that we would have to wait until a Saturday when my brother-in-law could take my husband for his road test. Because the DMV only has 2 appointments on Saturday, the busiest day of the week, we were waiting 6 weeks before we could schedule with the DMV, and as chance would have it - it would snow and all road tests were canceled! :mad: Finally, after more than 3 months we got an appointment between the snow storms. Yeah! :p He passed and now my husband can take me for the road test :eek: - I'm ready.

Best of luck to you.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
If all else fails many community colleges and VoTechs have truck driving schools that you can attend. You would be getting your class a most likely, but after you finished you could find a fleet owner of your choosing to drive a straight truck for. Plus you would have the Class A to fall back should the need araise. Just a thought, take it for what it's worth.