Expedite Now Magazine

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Just received our first copy, thanks!!! Looks great!

Wanted to make a few comments tho :cool:

First, congrats Phil, on your new post as Editor of the magazine! As I was reading the Editor's Page though, and you were kind of introducing yourself, and saying how it came about, etc., you didn't ever mention that it was you! Or your name! Or anything! Of course, not having met you, I wouldn't have recognized your pic, the only way I knew it was you doing that writing, was by your mention of your wife Diane, and then of course later, when I read the fine print at the beginning where you're listed as the Editor. Sooooo please keep in mind that not everyone reading this magazine knows one another personally (yet)!!!!

Secondly, altho I'm not one little bit surprised, I'm really disappointed there is zero Canadian content. Not the articles, but ANYTHING! No advertising, nothing! No carriers! What's the matter with us Canadians?????

Third.. can y'all have a peak at page 20, on the 'Rocket' ad.. does anyone know where to go to find stuff like the wind thingy on top of the cab? Husb has become almost obsessive about finding or building something like that to help him be a bit more aerodynamic, can't seem to find any info ANYwhere!

Thanks again, it's great to have a little magazine full of stuff that's relevant to our line of work, including the articles AND the advertising!

Last edited:

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Pjjjj, You ask what is wrong with us Canadians? I refer you to South Park the movie.:D According to that esteemed source, Canada is not a real country anyway. :cool:

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Are you Canadian also?

It just seems we are so behind the times. Nothing being sold on eBay (to speak of) from Canada, the insurance company is behaving as if I'm asking for something REALLY unusual when all I want is a simple, pretty standard quote, there doesn't seem to be much Canadian involvement here or anywhere to do with expediting. So maybe the Southpark people are right and it's not a country, it's a twilite zone! I used to chuckle when people (from US) would ask if we have telephones 'up here' (in our igloos haha), and if we have bears and stuff.. but now I can see why they'd ask, and it isn't funny! :D

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Are you Canadian also?

It just seems we are so behind the times. Nothing being sold on eBay (to speak of) from Canada, the insurance company is behaving as if I'm asking for something REALLY unusual when all I want is a simple, pretty standard quote, there doesn't seem to be much Canadian involvement here or anywhere to do with expediting. So maybe the Southpark people are right and it's not a country, it's a twilite zone! I used to chuckle when people (from US) would ask if we have telephones 'up here' (in our igloos haha), and if we have bears and stuff.. but now I can see why they'd ask, and it isn't funny! :D

Geez, I didn't mean to bum you out. Canada is beautiful.