Essential Oil

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have started experimenting with Essential Oils and I wondered if anyone else has done anything with them?

Before we went home last time I ordered a few bottles and they had to be ground shipped as they were considered Hazmat.

I made a air freshener for the truck which consisted of 1/2 cup baking soda and several drops of Lavender. I purchased a short mason jar type bottle and put tin foil over the top with holes cut into the foil. I did this so that the lid is still good and I can close the jar up. I give the jar a shake and there is a nice aroma.

I have read of a lot of other uses and play on trying a few more things.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have started experimenting with Essential Oils and I wondered if anyone else has done anything with them?
Does Bob know that you are experimenting with essential oils? Are these oils SAE certified? Bob seems very particular when it comes to maintaining your truck. I don't think he would approve of essential oils in the crankcase or differential. I guess you know him best. I just don't want to hear about a divorce or worse.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does Bob know that you are experimenting with essential oils? Are these oils SAE certified? Bob seems very particular when it comes to maintaining your truck. I don't think he would approve of essential oils in the crankcase or differential. I guess you know him best. I just don't want to hear about a divorce or worse.

Hahaha. Moot, good one!

NightDriver

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I owned a business that made soap and other skin care products, and used essential oils for fragrance and therapeutic value. A fabulous source of information is Essential Oil University - they also used to sell EOs, but not sure if they still do. Google them and sign up for an account. It's free.

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We use a lavender mix for flea control for our pooches. Plus it makes them smell really nice.

BeatriceCont

Rookie Expediter
I mix almond,olive, coconut and mustard oil together and massage my hair with it before shampoo. It gives shine, volume to my hair and looks really great without any styling products.