Espar heater installation on the cheap, any recommendations?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The gas Ford Transits come with an extra threaded port on the gas tank. No drilling. I guess Ford engineers figured that would make up for installing the parking brake control between the seats.

As for Thermo King, not all will work on the gas fired Espars. At least OVM's favorite TK dealer doesn't. They don't sell or service the gas models. This could change as the gas models become more popular.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The gas Ford Transits come with an extra threaded port on the gas tank. No drilling. I guess Ford engineers figured that would make up for installing the parking brake control between the seats.

As for Thermo King, not all will work on the gas fired Espars. At least OVM's favorite TK dealer doesn't. They don't sell or service the gas models. This could change as the gas models become more popular.
The one there by you? Where I had mine originally installed?......The one in Fargo does, as they work on Polar vehicles...

Reactions: ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I
The one there by you? Where I had mine originally installed?......The one in Fargo does, as they work on Polar vehicles...
Yeah, New Brighton (St. Paul) off I-35W and MN 96. Fargo sells and services the gas models? Ya, dats goot to know.
Polar? Polar tankers?