End of Era..Detroiter Joins Pilot

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Pilot will be putting some well needed money into the place. Should hopefully make it better.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Same thing with that Clark truck stop just north of 55 & 80 in Joliet/Plainfield. It was merely a little grungy when I started going there. Oh, the days I've spent there when I was with Panther!

Then it started going down hill. They stopped repairing anything that broke. There were always at least 3 toilet stalls out of order at any one time, same with the sinks. The restaurant food, reasonable in the early days, got bad and actually had bugs in it. And after you showered, you needed a shower just from being in their shower room.

Their parking lot was the same condition as the Detroiter, worse, actually.

Sad to see a place go downhill like that.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Its the same story with most of the independent truck stops. I hate to see it, but "it is what it is" fits perfectly. The large chains have the fuel cards, discounts and shower programs and the independents just dont have a way to compete. Without the business from the large fleets like JB, Schneider, etc, it is an uphill battle for the independent truck stop. Once the profits go away, the rest follows.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's a holiday for you....go back to sleep.

Toppfit5-thumb-448x299-97563.jpg

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Has anyone been here since the change? If you have, did you see any changes?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Has anyone been here since the change? If you have, did you see any changes?
Once. I think they changed the location of the fuel desk. Other then that I didnt look around at all. Other then seeing vans and a few straight trucks sitting out front now. Another change I seen was the shower seemed to be just a lil dirtier then I have seen in the past..Maybe it was just a bad day for the cleaning crew??
Not sure if they are letting expeditor's overnight for free now.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Went to the detroiter last night bought a few items and tried to park in the spots for RVs and buses because I saw other expeditors patked there. secuity came and said I couldnt park there that it was reserved. So I moved to the front lo where all the expediting vans were and the guy came out screaming at me that I had to move to the back and pay like everybody else when I mentioned the other vehicles the guy said NO DIESELS IN FRONT LOT!! So I said please give me 5 minutes to locate the next closest truckstop he barked back EXIT 15 NOW GO. If I was still driving buses that would have been A good place to dump the toilet tank. Dont think ill stop there again. Huh. Way to go detroit.