Empty spaces

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok , lets talk Non techy terms here,,,lol ,,,please explain the simple process for me ...What (free) app to add so I can delete the old ....thanks

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess its time to consider other sites ,,,,no answer on Emt spaces or how to change my phone ..:mad:

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is no free ap to fix it. Just use the regular website it works fine. Your phone isn't the problem.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
We are still working on trying to find a solution.

In the meantime - please use your phones web browser. Our site will detect that it's a mobile device and you'll have an easy way to use the forums.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
A couple times in the last couple weeks my eo app self uninstalled. The icon button broke and the app disappeared from my apps list. Since I've pretty much given up on the app, this last time I said good riddance. And then this morning the app reappeared. Still all the blanks...

eb

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
A couple times in the last couple weeks my eo app self uninstalled. The icon button broke and the app disappeared from my apps list. Since I've pretty much given up on the app, this last time I said good riddance. And then this morning the app reappeared. Still all the blanks...

eb

Eric,

Can you please let me know what kind of phone you have? That is the first I've heard of the app removing itself. My initial thought is you have done an update or something.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
On some Android phones, apps that have been moved to the SD card (usually with App2SD) will spontaneously combust for no reason and will have to be reinstalled. My Droid Bionic did that when I first got it. I don't know if a later OS update fixed it or not, since I just left everything in the main part of memory storage (there's certainly plenty of storage in the Bionic).

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I'm using a motorola razr. I only do manual updates. It's happened a number of times. The self reinstall/reappearance has only happened once. Maybe because I gave it time to reset. It never happened on my droid x with the previous version of os.

eb

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Can we just go back to an older version of the app? I really don't like the website, even if I am on the computer I find it less user friendly. With the app I can see every thread from each forum which is much better than having to select each category, it seems that helps people get involved and contribute more in different areas.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Getting tired of seeing nothing.:mad:

Guess us DROID users are left out in the cold. :(

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
As had been mentioned, there is no free app fix for this yet, other than using your phone's browser. But the $2.99 paid full version of Tapatalk does not have the blank spaces issue.

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
As had been mentioned, there is no free app fix for this yet, other than using your phone's browser. But the $2.99 paid full version of Tapatalk does not have the blank spaces issue.

I have paid tapatalk keep it updated and it will not bring up eo. "failed to connect to forum, if problem persists contact forum administrator". Asked on here for help and was told by Lawrence to use the free app, golly gee thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have paid tapatalk keep it updated and it will not bring up eo. "failed to connect to forum, if problem persists contact forum administrator". Asked on here for help and was told by Lawrence to use the free app, golly gee thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EO Forums

It started doing that a few updates ago after one of the updates. It caused problems with many forums, not just EO. The fix is to uninstall and reinstall Tapatalk. Updates alone won't solve it. You should only have to uninstall and reinstall once.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure i want to reward tt with a purchase after seeing how amazingly slow their response to this issue is. It might be the worst one i have witnessed in 20 years.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
To which issue are you referring? If it's the cannot connect to server issue with the full version of Tapatalk, their response was not only immediate, but preemptive. On one of the updates, the update where this happened (cannot connect to server), the instructions for the update itself stated to uninstall Tapatalk first, then to reinstall the updated version.

The empty spaces/missing posts on the EO branded version of Tapatalk is a local issue unique to EO and is not a larger issue with Tapatalk.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am speaking to the response to solving the issue of the blank spaces for those without the paid version.. Am i mistaken i thought i read the blank spaces was an issue on their network.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
The empty spaces/missing posts on the EO branded version of Tapatalk is a local issue unique to EO and is not a larger issue with Tapatalk.

It is in fact a Tapatalk issue. EO - like many other web based communities use the their infrastructure and they are also having the same issues. If we can't resolve this with Tapatalk soon - we plan to find an alternative provider.