Employee claims race reason denied unempoyment

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Heard this on radio station in Richmond Va. A Norfolk Va city employess claims she was denied unemployment benefits because she is Black. Now the rest of the story back in 1998 she was suspended for some violation of policy about personal information or something like that and never returned to work but continued to get paid a total of around $300,000 over the last 12 years , til someone finally caught on and she was fired her supervisor has quit or was fired

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Heard this on radio station in Richmond Va. A Norfolk Va city employess claims she was denied unemployment benefits because she is Black. Now the rest of the story back in 1998 she was suspended for some violation of policy about personal information or something like that and never returned to work but continued to get paid a total of around $300,000 over the last 12 years , til someone finally caught on and she was fired her supervisor has quit or was fired

The sad thing about this is the fact that is a daily occurrence.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What does race have to do with it? She's a **** thief and a trashy person. Nothing to do with race at all.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What does race have to do with it? She's a **** thief and a trashy person. Nothing to do with race at all.

I am not one to jump on race issues but the lady claimed unemployment was denied because she was black. Sounds to me like race has something to do with it and she brought it into play.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lots of thieves and trashy people out there these days. Just look at our elected officials. Start with Obama and work your way down. They are such FINE examples of how to act. :rolleyes:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I am not one to jump on race issues but the lady claimed unemployment was denied because she was black. Sounds to me like race has something to do with it and she brought it into play.

There ya go. Almost sounds like she's running for President. :eek:

I did it for you Dennis.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
she threw the race card to draw attention to that and keep the heat off her for theft. She should not get unemployment in my opinion for the simple fact she stole all that money from the company. Dont matter what color you are. When your wrong your wrong. She can take that race card and shove it up her nose.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Race has something to do with it in her mind. I referred to the real world and people who aren't racist, not people looking for any excuse to play the race card. I'm sure she wants race involved as it it probably the only thing that will deflect her theft and the fact she should be in prison.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just because I am listening to a program, reading and trying to post here all at the same time you guys have to be that way huh. :rolleyes:

Read what I mean, not what I write.

I referred to the real world and people who aren't racist, not people looking for any excuse to play the race card.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Amazing...........

No Charges: Virginia City Official Collected Salary for 12 Years Sitting at Home | The Blaze

And the womans response when she finally got caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar for 12 years.........

CSB worker speaks out in letter | WAVY.com | Norfolk, Va.

I love her words here:

"The racially motivated discriminatory elements surrounding the false allegations brought against me violated my civil rights." She mentions a likely lawsuit due to the "moral devastation that publicly took place to my family. My family and I suffered greatly."

I say convict her in Federal Court with the death penalty in play, and not wait for 12 years to put her to death. Just take her out back and pull the trigger.......I mean pull the switch!!:rolleyes:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In most states, when somebody gets fired for cause - like fraud or theft - they are disqualified from receiving unemployment benefits. Blacks, Hispanics, Eskimos, Albinos, or whatever are not exempt. This is a great example of the entitlement mentality that's developed over the years among a certain segment of our society.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I say convict her in Federal Court with the death penalty in play, and not wait for 12 years to put her to death. Just take her out back and pull the trigger.......I mean pull the switch!!:rolleyes:

The death penalty for this? Don't you think we can find some penalty a little more appropriate? And how is this a federal issue?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The death penalty for this? Don't you think we can find some penalty a little more appropriate? And how is this a federal issue?

No, this is NOT a death penalty issue. It could, however, be a federal issue if ANY of the funds she stole from the City came from federal grants etc. I wonder if she filed taxes on her criminal activities? Appropriate penalty? A MINIMUM of 1 year in jail for every year she ripped off the taxpayers. NO early outs!

clcooper

Expert Expediter

Just like the congressman in Pa DUI Hit and run gets 1 year house arrest . 2 months later a nobody working man does the same thing and he gets life in prison . What about Charles Mason you are glad he got life in prison . What about his victims what rights did ,do they get or have . I am glad there is people like you because the CRIMES WILL NEVER STOP . keep thinking that way . You believe guns kill people so if the guns are taken away from every legal owner . That crimes with guns will stop . I got a iceberg in Mexico for sell too

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Just like the congressman in Pa DUI Hit and run gets 1 year house arrest . 2 months later a nobody working man does the same thing and he gets life in prison . What about Charles Mason you are glad he got life in prison . What about his victims what rights did ,do they get or have . I am glad there is people like you because the CRIMES WILL NEVER STOP . keep thinking that way . You believe guns kill people so if the guns are taken away from every legal owner . That crimes with guns will stop . I got a iceberg in Mexico for sell too

I got your PM saying this wasn't directed at me. But people reading the thread won't know that.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
sorry took so long i got busy . just like when i say the teacher in may area are not worth what the get paid . yes there is some teachers in my area that are worth a higher pay and that really do care about the students . just like this when i said you i wasnt pointing the finger at you . if i had to go down the list on who the you are i would not get anthing else wrote. .like the good teachers that really care should know i am not talking about them either . and if they do think i am wont that mean they are secound guessing them selfs .