Email change, Help

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
My email account was cancelled, and I got a new one. I loved being notified when someone posted in one of the threads I read.

I tried to change my email at EO, and have not been successful.

Could someone please help me with this?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I can't edit my e-mail and password via the Control Panel, either. Apparently that's tied to the classifieds, or something, and it's broke.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I click MY ACCOUNT (not My ACCOUNT INFORMATION), and there's no EDIT to click on.

All I get is a place to login, and when I do, it doesn't.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
OK, it's get weirder. Logging into the FORUM doesn't cut it. You have to log in to the Classifieds. I couldn't. Wouldn't accept my login and password. So, I went to Forgot Password, and it sent me a password that I've never seen before. Interesting.

I used it and was able to login. NOW I can see the MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION icon.

Apparently the login name is the same as the FORUM, but the passwords for the FORUM and the CLASSIFIEDS are different.

So, I click MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION and then EDIT MY INFO, and it won't let me change my password without filling in a whole snotload of database fields that I have no interest whatsoever in filling out, like my company name, last name, address, city, state, zip and phone number. All I wanna do is be able to change my e-mail address or password for the forum. It shouldn't require my full name, address and phone number in order to do so.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Lawrence, this is still going on?

I think there is something missing that is flagging the user, redirects them over to the log in page and won't let them log back into the system. When I last tried it, it would kick me back out and then it took a while for me to log back in.

Maybe there was something in the template file (common thing) that got missed when the template was changed, maybe?

I just tried it as you suggested and it does not let me log in. Am I banned? :p

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Our php guru is looking into this. Greg - purge your cache that should take care of that bug.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Greg - purge your cache that should take care of that bug.

Did that before and now again.......nope it kicks me right back to a log in page without telling me if I am using the wrong password or user name. I did the try different logs ins' and still kicks me back.

Maybe it is just me and this computer....????

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It kicks you out, but over to the Classifieds. The Classified and the Forum have different logins. One doesn't work for both. When you go to edit your e-mail and password, even though you got there from the link in the Forum Control Panel, the link takes you out of the Forum system. In other words, the e-mail and password you are editing is the e-mail and password for the Classifieds, not the Forum, even though you attempted it from within the Forum. It's weird.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
It kicks you out, but over to the Classifieds. The Classified and the Forum have different logins. One doesn't work for both. When you go to edit your e-mail and password, even though you got there from the link in the Forum Control Panel, the link takes you out of the Forum system. In other words, the e-mail and password you are editing is the e-mail and password for the Classifieds, not the Forum, even though you attempted it from within the Forum. It's weird.
No - the Classifieds and the Forums - both share the same USERNAME and PASSWORD. Unless - you used TWO different accounts BEFORE the NEW EO.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Greg,
You are tring to log into the Classifieds - correct? Please PM me your username and password that you trying.
Thanks!

I appreciate that but don't fret about it with me, I am just trying it out to see if I can. When the time comes, I will worry about it right now I got a hopping basset hound who thinks she is starving, I got to make dinner for the dogs, thanks again......

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No - the Classifieds and the Forums - both share the same USERNAME and PASSWORD. Unless - you used TWO different accounts BEFORE the NEW EO.

I never used the Classified before today.

When I requested that it send me my "forgotten" password, it sent me my password, one that I've never seen before, one that looks like it was created when I hurled chunks onto the keyboard. It's an obvious randomly generated password.

OK, I'm right here in the Forum, on the boards. I click on CP to go to the Control Panel. Under Setting and Options, I can edit my sig, avatar, profile picture and other forum settings. One of the options is Edit Email & Password. I click that.

It takes me out of the Forum and into the Classifieds. If I click log out, it logs me out and takes me to the main Classifieds page. On the upper right there is a login box that says Member Login. If I log in there, I'll be logged into the Forums.

On the menu bar at the top, under Find Jobs, under EO Classifieds Home (which is where I am at that point), there is a link that says Login. If I log in there I'm logged into the Classified, but not the Forum. Once logged into the CLassified, I have access to the My Account Information and the e-mail address and password that I can't change unless I fill in all my personal information for the Classifieds. If I want to log in to the Forums, there is no way I can change my password or e-mail address, unless I go and log into the Classifieds.

And like I said, until today, I have never, ever, not even once, logged into the Classifieds. And now I have a password for the Classifieds that I don't want or need, as it's different than my Forum password.

Whoah, hey!! In composing the above, I actually went and logged out. Now, when I try to post this reply it tells me I'm not logged in. Fine, I log in. But NOW it tells me that I'm using the wrong password, the same password I've used on here since day one. The same password that I have in my password file, the same password that has been stored in Firefox since the very first day I logged on here. No go.

So, I use the alphabet soup password that I received in the e-mail and lo and behold, you're right, the password for the forums and the Classifieds is, in fact the same password. Question is, why WHY WHY is it not the password I've been using all along, and HOW can I change it back without having to input my company name, full name and address and phone number?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Turtle,
The system requires basic identifable information since we have ONE loggin for our site. This covers the classifieds, forums, photo sharing and for the new features we have coming out blogs, video sharing and more.
I can by-pass this for you if you PM what you would like your password to be.
LM

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
Okay guys. This is kind of a hassle. But untill we are able to build this into to the forum...this is how you can modify your EMAIL and PASSWORD:
Make sure you are logged into the FORUM, the click here:
http://www.expeditersonline.com/classifieds/index.php?a=10
Then click MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION, then EDIT.

I have been trying to change my email for a few days now and it does not work. It always come back to the password not working.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Eagle,

Our support team - at your request modifed your email and password a few weeks ago, you were sen the updated information.

You need to check your spam filter or junk email folder. Your information is most likely there.

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
I got the email and it said I should go here
http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/private.php
I did and it does not take my password. I just checked it again, and it still does not work.
I deleted my cookies.

It also says
Account holders must sign in prior to listing items on this site.

Welcome - Please Login

We could not log you in
Username:
Password

I am not trying to sell something. Could that be where the problem is?